YouTube employee outs Google Play Store redesign
0. phoneArena 07 Apr 2013, 15:14 posted on
An employee of YouTube, Eileen Rivera, has put up a screenshot of a redesigned Google Play Store adding a more colorful look with a focus on the different categories and "Games" now has its own separate section; we're not sure that Google took too kindly to the idea of one of its employees spilling the beans as Ms. Rivera's Google+ page has been removed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
For years now, all we've been hearing from android fanboys is diatribe about "boring tiles", so I can't stop laughing now that google is taking a simplistic approach toward design.
20. Astro551 (Posts: 46; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
same with glass backs... (nexus 4, xperia Z.. ).
Fandroids (2010): HA! you have a glass back so stupid, gonna break
Fandroids (2012): So beautiful.. best. idea. ever
though admittedly i'm a bit of a fandroid myself, i can see the irony.
I feel like the 3 dots, and swipe style interface was a bit of a jip off wp7. But i guess they're still essentially different.. in a sense
25. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I've never seen a complaint about boring tiles. Stale design, maybe. Skeumorphism, maybe. I'm a minimalist. I like Google's approach. Microsoft also has the right idea.
15. Rydsmith (Posts: 525; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Where not sure, however, that the idea was for Googlers to pass this information along to the public.
...I think you mean, "We're not sure"
16. rahulz (Posts: 117; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
It looks cool....
And anything in square is not TILE and not belongs to MICROSOFT
19. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
One word : FRESH
I love it! ;)
23. Abbath (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Nice! About time too with the growing number of apps