YouTube app for PlayStation 3 lets you watch videos on the console, controlled by your Android phone
0. phoneArena 14 Aug 2012, 12:56 posted on
A new app on the Sony PlayStation 3 allows you to view YouTube videos on the console's screen, using your Android phone to select a video to play and basically acting like a remote control for your gaming device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
HA! Sony Strikes Again!
2. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4109; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I really want this on Xbox... Good thing I have both PS3 and Xbox, or I would be missing out. :D
7. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I have both as well, so I don't know why you would choose the Xbox 360 over the PS3 to watch ANY video. Video on the 360 blows, everything is down converted to 720p and then stretched to whatever resolution you are using, deinterlacing sucks, remote sucks, etc. Anyway as you can see I'm not a fan of the video capabilities of my Xbox, such a waste
10. downphoenix (Posts: 2416; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
True. The only thing I particularly liked about the 360's video was that netflix allowed you to stretch letterboxed (widescreen or normal) content so it takes the fullscreen, but the last dashboard update also triggered a netflix update, which killed that feature and also made the UI of the Netflix terrible, to more closely match the terribleness of the new dashboard. So now I use PS3 netflix all the way and only use the 360s if PSN goes down or something.
4. downphoenix (Posts: 2416; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I just hope its not as terrible and bad as the XBOX's Youtube app. What a waste of time!
5. mas11 (Posts: 1032; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Great idea MS should really use this as "inspiration"
9. barondebxl (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
I'm using it right now, it's awesome! Control from my S3 or iPad in a big ass tv screen!!