You too can build your very own cell phone from scratch for just $200
0. phoneArena 28 Nov 2013, 17:07 posted on
David Mellis, who occupies his time at MIT’s Media Lab, has provided all the plans needed for someone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. madmikepr (Posts: 117; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
this is the start of the PhoneBloks or project Ara maybe ??
3. Shatter (Posts: 2030; Member since: 29 May 2013)
They don't want phone blocks to become a reality because it means they lose a ton of $.
9. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
another cellphone trigger for those crazy bomber.
Not good at all.
15. tuminatr (Posts: 682; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
naa they would just go buy a prepay phone much cheaper
4. mturby (Posts: 247; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
build this for $200 or buy a Moto G for the same price.
13. DAMONORIBELLO (Posts: 91; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Keep buying what they're selling, monkey. ; )
7. Jurdiales (Posts: 116; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
What if we put an EB40 battery on that piece of wood? (The EB40 is the Droid RAZR MAXX battery - 3300 MAh!)
11. TheOldOne (Posts: 95; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
no need, you can have a wire going into your backpack, where you will keeping the (really huge) battery ;)
8. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2691; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Phonebloks! by Dave Hakkens may be a start for the project Ara or something similar.
14. DAMONORIBELLO (Posts: 91; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
But what if you can learn to build a phone yourself? Then one day as the parts become less expensive, your new design is the next big hit. If we continue to just buy these things, eventually no one is left to invent.
16. ramblingal (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Oct 2014)
Where in the usa can I find circuit boards half that size? or flexi-boards? I have a design idea and sure could use help sourcing the components.