Yes, the elderly can use the Apple iPhone thanks to Silverline apps
0. phoneArena 03 Dec 2012, 23:47 posted on
Thanks to a new line of apps that replace the basic controls of the handset, the elderly can use the Apple iPhone as well as any young whipper-snapper; the Silverline apps are available directly from specific carriers and replace the native applications with large buttons and easy to read print...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Yay, that mean I can enjoy my iPhone for the rest of my life :D
18. metalpoet (unregistered)
Old people can use an iPhone with some crazy app, because the iPhone isnt really a smartphone, any device that a 3 yr old and an 65 yr old can handle is not consider a smartphone, its consider a kids phone! HAHAHAHAHAHA!
2. T.... (Posts: 9; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
Now I know what iOS7 will look like. "Wow, what a REVOLUTIONARILY simple UI!"
15. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
its the interface for elderly ppl. the ios7 may be more like lion os with much more modifications . wait for ir !
3. christianqwerty (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 May 2011)
This is actually pretty cool. Nice video too.
4. jsdechavez (Posts: 652; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Been used by old and elderly for years now.. and proly there's for Android too.
5. mydi.maus (unregistered)
this might be the iphone 5s!! i want this...
6. syedzain (Posts: 174; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Well i like iphones a lot..
But tell me one thing . What the F this ad means :D
7. StrumerJohn (Posts: 66; Member since: 18 May 2011)
I'm pretty sure they can use it without any apps.
8. MixMaster (Posts: 18; Member since: 09 Nov 2012)
WOW! True innovation! It must be the first phone that can be used as a camera replacement and most definitely the only phone that alows you to call for an ambulance...and all this..with a simple touch of the screen. Now that's how hard people at Apple worked, in order to offer it's customers the same phone with ten years old features but make it seem like a new, magic and amazing phone at the same time.
13. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
u must b real dum* bro. this interface is for elderly people like your grandma . they desighed it so simple so that they can use it with out efforts . so try to read article before posting something.
9. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
This should be available as a launcher on android
10. mrfwy (Posts: 11; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Just buy a bigger phone more useful and ederly friendly like the lumia 920!!!
11. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 373; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
an older article said something like this.
The iphone5 is not likely to be your grandma's phone.... it IS your grandma's phone. lol
12. angelesmec (unregistered)
Dear elders, please consider switching to Android, it's more fun.
16. downphoenix (Posts: 2134; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
the comment at the end of the article and uncalled for and unfounded. If anything, in my experience working with a carrier, the elderly were the best at paying their bills on time. The 20 and 30 somethings were the constantly delinquent people. Whatever research may suggest otherwise is not based on any facts.
17. Topcat488 (Posts: 977; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I think the last part of the last paragraph, is in fact saying that the elderly pay on time... What carrier did you say you work for? Attention to details... Quote:
"Besides, the elderly are more apt to pay their bills on time. Hear that, carriers? For more information on the program, visit the sourcelink."
19. MC1123 (Posts: 1219; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
coz iPhone is made for teens and elderly! remeber, its just work just the way it is!