Yahoo's new CEO wants the company to buy each employee an Apple iPhone
0. phoneArena 21 Aug 2012, 13:51 posted on
The new CEO at Yahoo, Marissa Mayer, is an ex-Google employee so you would think that to bring all employees together using one smartphone, it would be an Android model; instead, Mayer wants Yahoo to buy all employees an Apple iPhone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
10. bbblader (Posts: 579; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
its getting too old
every person what he likes
there I will say it
I Like Nokia
what is the problem?
using old hardware
as long as it gets me what i need
I need nokia for the camera mostly
And Belle FP1 is good for a 1 core phone
but yes there are flaws like being slow most times
and no flash
but the iphone doesnt have flash so
so please android lovers im not saying Nokia is better at everything but just the things I need
its strong build quality and has a great camera that is enough
I used an android for months untill it broke
now I'm with the old Nokia C6-01
and even though its bulky its a good fit in the hand
the camera is good enough
12. bbblader (Posts: 579; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
and there is someone to thumb me down well
guess not only apple fans are ''dumb''
18. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
23. POLICE (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
When u type from a phone, that's how it ends up like.
24. bbblader (Posts: 579; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
used to short sentences because of minecraft sorry about that
38. PAPINYC (Posts: 2280; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Love has nothing to do with it, she's just bitter; nothing worse than a single bitter woman (out to get even).
2. POLICE (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
iPhone for business?
What a joke......
19. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Doesn't even have Bluetooth file transfer. I don't understand why anyone would use ANY Apple touchscreen device for anything even RELATING to work and school.
25. POLICE (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
Cause its the latest trend, and being cool?
39. Sparhawk (Posts: 75; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
That's why a lot of people start smoking various legal or illegal substances too. Lot of good it does them, eh?
54. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 460; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Lmao, android and their loyalists mad because a ceo of a company doesn't wanna use android. Y'all are to much! Get over it! Not everyone wants to use android and not everyone wants to use Apple.
60. joey_sfb (Posts: 2909; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
We are not mad. Good for their employee besides an enemy of my enemy is my friends.
Hope she knows how to make yahoo money after spending 2 millons dollars.
3. hateftotti (Posts: 139; Member since: 03 May 2011)
When apple just uses yahoo's stuff in ios6 she will tell employees to have an iphone
5. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
she is hot of course she reccomonds the iphone
6. downphoenix (Posts: 2320; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
so basically the new CEO is an Apple fanboy, instead of letting employees use whatever platform suits them best, they all have to use the same platform. Seems an apple fanboy's way of thinking.
40. Sparhawk (Posts: 75; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
Having one consistent platform across the company makes a lot of sense. A hodgepodge of Android and iPhone could cause problems if not everyone has the same apps available to them.
46. joey_sfb (Posts: 2909; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
It make sense if the company employee is not IT savvy. Using mobile techology such as android and iphone would increase productivity.
For a new CEO to justify a 2 million expense in a young and hi-tech company with many employee already using blackberry,would be rather disruptive.
56. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6443; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
don't call her a fanboy in this case she's a fangirl. remember that next time
7. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1275; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Everyone should be able to choose what phone they want.
42. jogutier (Posts: 324; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
Not if the company that employs you says different. It's only freedom outside the compounds. lol!
13. SleepingOz (unregistered)
That's exactly why they're buying iphones instead of Android.
11. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
They can easily chose an Android smartphone which is going to be cheaper than a iPhone and business tailor apps for productivity. The whole iPhone thing is based on her personal preference.
14. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Instead of giving iPhones to every employee, she should plan to give iPhones to top visitor of yahoo, every week. This way she can increase the traffic to site..........
15. andro. (Posts: 1949; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
take the iphone and sell it,plenty of cash for a top android handset then.
17. jeffronc (Posts: 17; Member since: 15 Jun 2012)
Hasn't ANYBODY read to the end of the article?!?
"... and there is some late word that she is open to the idea of giving employees the option of an Android model for all, instead."
21. kanagadeepan (Posts: 668; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
You didn't read first paragraph... She used iPhone even when working in Google... So iPhone is her obvious preference... So that last single paragraph she said is just to avoid stockholders angry...
20. frydaexiii (Posts: 1231; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Pshh, Women...No wonder they left her in charge of Yahoo. No point trying to save a dying cause.
22. mrvid (Posts: 75; Member since: 02 Oct 2008)
I just lost all respect for her!! Oh wait a minute, never had anyway!
35. JessJess (unregistered)
Because of her choice of phone? Pathetic.
29. Ruckus (Posts: 276; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
This whole "Androids better"/"iPhones better" just needs to stop. ITS A FREAKING MATTER OF PREFERENCE! I could help 100 customers and decide 50 should have Android and 50 have iphones. Nobody is "stupid" or "unintelligent" for choosing one or another! It all depends on ones needs/wants/preferences. Its a great idea she's giving everyone iphones! Im sure we can ALL agree its a huge step up from Blackberry! If there's enough demand from inside the company for Android then I imagine things will change and options will be made.
31. Aeires (unregistered)
Yahoo's major competitors: Google and Bing, aka Android and WP.
32. sudbury78 (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
APPLE WINS AGAIN BY A FORMER EXEC OF GOOGLE. BAHHAHAHAHA
33. gallitolimitededition (banned) (Posts: 18; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
seems that she is a very smart CEO, she keeps making a wise decision and since Apple is dumping Google why not associate with Yahoo..
34. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 258; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
I wonder how they will manage files with iphones...it's like having desktop pcs and use tiger electronics instead because it's cool.
Unzip the file - can't
pass me the file - can't
convert the file - can't
download a file from a site and put it on a ftp server - can't
36. kingpet13 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Which is better yahoo or google?
- I don't know let's google it.
Sorry I had to. This is such an old joke but I still love it.
37. AppleWho (banned) (Posts: 57; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
so, buying employees inferior iProducts is going to solve their struggles? How about making the yahoo site more enticing instead of the TMZ junk?
44. tedkord (Posts: 4739; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
They could just put her picture on the search page, maybe in skimpy clothing. I'd leave Google for that.
43. tedkord (Posts: 4739; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
If you're going to go for a single device for all, and you don't want to go BlackBerry (for its unparalleled security), then the iPhone is second choice.
Android allows too much fiddling. As a corporation, you don't want your employees messing with the device you supply, it causes too many support issues.
Windows phone isn't there yet, but might be a viable option in the future.
45. p0rkguy (Posts: 683; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
She doesn't really have a choice. By going Android devices, it would mean she's pro-Google and supports their search engine over Yahoo's. It would be like giving all Coca-Cola employees Pepsi.
Every Yahoo board member would run a train on her while screaming YAHOO then vote her off CEO.
51. downphoenix (Posts: 2320; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
No, because they could make a rom for their company services specifically (remove google services except for ones needed like play store) that can be used on a number of profiles, with the security as they need it.
And I think they should just stick with the blackberrys. How will going to iphones (or androids, for that matter) increase their productivity? Blackberrys are designed for work, so I fail to see how a media/web based phone is going to outdo a work based phone for work.
47. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
good for BB... they buy BB coz of BBM... sut since iDevices now offer same service like iMessage..but BBM is way far superior!!!
48. tmcr7 (Posts: 154; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
How could this move increase employee productivity? You'll just give them reason to play Angry Birds at work!
50. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
yeah... they should support BB not iPhone... since BB works just fine...
49. rudlie (Posts: 182; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I think she doing a right thing. If she choosed android, yahoo can not be compete with built-in google apps/services. this is an opportunity for yahoo to focusing business on iOS while the iOS starts to leaving google's apps.
52. soshi (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
not wise for software corp like yahoo. They should not depend on one OS but experience every phone and try perfecting their mobile application to boost their productivity buy. She seems not confident about her company application, for example dont tell me she prefer imessage than yahoo messenger, if that so what about us?
57. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6443; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
She will put YAHOO! out of business if shes going to buy all those iPhones for her employees
59. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
yeah.... what a stupid CEO...