Yahoo's Board to meet Sunday to discuss $1.1 billion all-cash deal for Tumblr; press event set for Monday
0. phoneArena 17 May 2013, 23:33 posted on
On Thursday, we told you that Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is fixated on buying hosting site Tumblr for $1 billion and according to people close to the situation, Yahoo's board is going to get together on Sunday (that's why they earn the big bucks) to discuss an all-cash $1.1 billion offer for Tumblr; sources in tune with Mayer's thinking say that Tumblr will be the property that Yahoo will use as the base for the company going forward...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pongkie (Posts: 538; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
somebody stop them!!!!!!!!! tumblr will be dead
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I tend to agree. Yahoo! has a habit of screwing things up. If Tumblr doesn't get complete autonomy, it will be just the latest fail from Yahoo!.
2. mydi.maus (unregistered)
this CEO is sexy as hell keep it up marissa,.
10. alpinejason (Posts: 262; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
But the real question is how much junk she has in her trunk
5. theminolaboy (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I am using Tumblr to blog what I have in mind and I don't think that this is a good idea.
6. jibraihimi (Posts: 761; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Hope it doesn't become bad acquisition like 'draw something' became for Zynga............. They should have purchased Instagaram, when there was time, and Nokia-Microsoft would have been begging them to develop it for their Platform, but Tumblr!!!!! Hope this doesn't become first dumb move from CEO Marissa.......
7. DHILLON_ARSH (Posts: 66; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
TUMBLR IS WORTH A LOOOT MORE THAN THIS.....AND HAZ A VERY SUCESSFULL FUTURE AHEAD....i HOPE THEY(yho) FAILZ this time....
8. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Yahoo will go bankrupt after this deal.
12. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Say goodbye to all the wonderful posts you can see now versus how it will be once Yahoo takes over. I remember how good Geocities was before Yahoo took over and ruined that.