Yahoo rumored to be buying Tumblr for $1 billion
0. phoneArena 17 May 2013, 00:39 posted on
With Yahoo trying to make itself relevant once again to the young and hip, the company is rumored to be on the verge of shelling out $1 billion for hosting site Tumblr; this could easily be a win-win deal as Yahoo needs the infusion of young blood while Tumblr is looking for liquidity. There is speculation that Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has had her eye on the company for a while and has already met with its executives including Tumblr founder and CEO David Karp...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Meleagru (Posts: 90; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
I can't believe Yahoo even has one billion dollars
8. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Either way, they're gonna screw up Tumblr.
4. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Wow I must say that i am surprised as I did not know that Yahoo was still in the acquiring business. There were rumors of Microsoft buying them not too long ago now they are in the market of buying one of the most popular newer web companies out there. Very interesting.
5. taikucing (unregistered)
what is yahoo?
11. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7035; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Yahoo a chocolate milk drink. YAHOO Nothing but to do it
6. decent4u (Posts: 74; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
i think they have a extra billion dollars lying around, first they made an offer to zuckerberg (1 billion dollars for Facebook) and now to this ;)
7. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
My guess is Marrisa Myers, the celebrity CEO will destroy Yahoo.
9. downphoenix (Posts: 2766; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Given Yahoo's history on having the chance to buy companies like Facebook and Google... it may be in their best interest to pursue this at all costs.
10. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7035; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
That's a small chunk of change. How does yahoo even have 1 billion dollars?