Yahoo! Messenger to lose several features on December 14th
0. phoneArena posted on 02 Dec 2012, 03:39
Yahoo! Messenger has a lot of features, a near all-in-one instant messenger across multiple platforms...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Droid_X_Doug posted on 02 Dec 2012, 04:32 2
If the changes are indicative of how Ms. Mayer is going to lead a recovery of Yahoo!, it might be time to take a short position in Yahoo!.... There is a reason you never heard of it.
14. downphoenix posted on 03 Dec 2012, 12:41 0
I think some of these things are a good move, since it allows them to refocus. Removing the Live Messenger support isn't good though, not sure what they were thinking of there.
2. sandu92 posted on 02 Dec 2012, 03:53 0
I'm just sad to hear about not being able to chat with the Windows Live buddies. For the rest I never used the other features like Voice Phone or chatroom, so it won't make any difference to me.
4. MC1123 posted on 02 Dec 2012, 05:16 4
yahoo... boring... i use it before (6 years ago) but it was choppy! then discover skype! really awesome!! but you need to pay to make group calls...then discovered hangouts... then im happy with both of them!
15. downphoenix posted on 03 Dec 2012, 12:45 0
you dont need to pay for group calls. I do that all the time in skype without paying.
6. jove39 posted on 02 Dec 2012, 08:39 2
Haven't used yahoo messenger from 10 yrs...chat rooms were my first online hangout.
7. techguy22 posted on 02 Dec 2012, 09:07 0
yahoo messenger is full of scammer/spammer.
kill it already. with fire!
8. JeffdaBeat posted on 02 Dec 2012, 09:10 1
I haven't used Yahoo! Messenger in eons it feels like. When I was in college, everyone was on AOL Instant Messenger and now everyone is on Google Talk (for chatting, that is). I hope Yahoo! can make a comeback. First time I got on the internet was 1996 and Yahoo! was the first place we were told to go. Hell, it was the first place most people went. They've gotta figure out what they want to become before they can move forward...here's hoping they are in capable hands...
9. DigitalBoy05 posted on 02 Dec 2012, 13:20 5
haha i remember the good ol days of AIM and Yahoo and asking "ASL?"
11. Reluctant_Human posted on 02 Dec 2012, 21:42 0
If I had heard of these features I might have actually used it.
13. pliskin1 posted on 03 Dec 2012, 00:30 0
Well this sucks, as I use the yahoo messenger to chat with my friends on windows live. So basically their taking away the 1 reason I use their messenger service.