Xperia i1Honami press shots claim Sony Lens G tech on the back
0. phoneArena 16 Jul 2013, 02:46 posted on
We are now learning that the aspheric tech will go as Sony Lens G, with 20.7 MP 1/2.3 camera sensor, and a dedicated BIONZ ISP. The sensor size is somewhat of a disappointment given what Nokia churns out, but let's not forget that the i1 Honami stuffs it all in an eventual 144 x 73.9 x 8.3 mm thin body, coming in white, black and purple...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Looks pretty plain to me, and like any other Sony phones. I thought it is supposed to be a bit different.
25. vincelongman (Posts: 4529; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
144mm x 74mm x 8.3mm, I don't care about thickness, but dam this phone is even taller and wider :(, I was hoping it be smaller or at least the same. I'm 5'8", so the Xperia Z was already pretty much the max size for me to use it with one hand. Now I am more interest in the Lumia 1020, but it also depends on what other features the Honami has.
27. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
its alot better than 1020 at 10+mm thickness. surely the sensor is little smaller 1/2.3 compared to 1/1.5 of 1020 i think we shouldnt complaint about this device it runs android and is offering 2 best camera in phone.
this is obviously specs wise speaking. once phone is out and we can compare the samples from each phone then it will actually show which phone camera is best.
28. vincelongman (Posts: 4529; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Personally I'd prefer it to be 10 mm thick and the height and width of the Xperia ZL.
I agree that specs aren't everything, we have to wait for the samples of the Honami to find out which is actually the best.
39. TheRequiem (Posts: 241; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
Well, it does have a triluminous display, which uses nanotubes fro enhanced color. This is actually pretty appealing to me. I've seen the triluminous display's. They place LCD's on par with OLED's as far as color accuracy is concerned.
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3915; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Well, well...a G lens might not be too shabby at all!!
15. tiara6918 (Posts: 2045; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I this was the g series, they should have included a high optical zoom. Other than that, they should have included the honami under the t series
18. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3915; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
The T series will take some time to take it's course on smartphone cameras.
3. cheetah2k (limited) (Posts: 1586; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
After being disappointed by the HTC1, Sony Z and S4, I will give Sony one more chance
9. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
What aboout: Nexus 5, maybe Motorala will make a flagship, LG Optimus G2 or the Note 3.
5. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
waiting for Nokia lovers... oh sorry, camera lovers.
6. gust3r3u (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
OMG SOOOOO EXCITED FOR THIS , LOVE SONY OMG OMG OMG
7. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It's okay, it's still almost twice as big as the 1/3" on spectacular S4 Octa which only drags in low-light, so even at 20MP, individual pixel size will increase, and if the RGBW filter will be included (unlikely at this point), low-light will be even better, while level of details will be around 13MP (there's some degradation when converting RGBW to traditional RGB).
10. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 157; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
Man, I thought it'd be sexier... The bezels are unattractive and make the whole device look small.
13. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
as far as Sony claimed this phone is going to be the sexiest Sony phone so far i expected something more attractive. wish the real one be something sexier.
14. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
those bezels are ok if they promise to give us that 3000mah battery. it is said to be 4mm taller than xz.
11. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
disappointing. after hearing many great things about this upcoming flagship, this is really below expectations. let's just hope the battery does not get downgraded again. it's just like the xperia z rumors. from godly odin specs to the small battery and the poor actual performance.
32. vandroid (Posts: 328; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
These are just rumors and youre taking them as if these are official specs
12. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
I could see myself getting this beast :)
16. b1acktiger (Posts: 223; Member since: 19 May 2012)
No Sony, You disappointed me again. Don't follow Samsung. Same design for all your phones with different screen size is a huge thumb's down for me. Where is your designers ? You are nowhere of Sony Ericsson designs. They had unique designs.
17. pyradark (Posts: 863; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Are u nuts, omnibalance design has been implement this 2013, its not bad to used it again in the same year, compare to S4 which the design came from a 2012 phone. Plus do you what a bulky phone with2000mah or this sexy with 3000mah
30. b1acktiger (Posts: 223; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Their box design, Thats what a normal user call it. its tough to hold earns no point from a user experience perspective. These design exist from the Xperia NXT series like U, P,S etc.They just covered with a glass. "Omnibalance" sounds good.
20. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
why would you get that redundant combination? both are android devices. note 3 or xz ultra + lumia 1020 will be a better combo. you get two platforms with one boasting an outstanding (probably unbeatable) camera.
41. adrianzka (Posts: 61; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
That works too. Let me revise it.
Cameraphone + phablet = FTW!!!
21. Bootutu (Posts: 228; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Now that's we are talking about, proper specs and camera, coupled with the most advanced OS, not some 41MP gimmick with 2010 specs lol, thank you Sony bring it on, Note 3 too...ride on