Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact hands-on: a compelling and slim 8-inch slate that's not afraid of the water
0. phoneArena 03 Sep 2014, 15:21 posted on
Along with the Xperia Z3 and its smaller peer, the Xperia Z3 Compact, Sony also unwrapped its newest tablet, the Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact, at IFA today. Although the bigger portion of the media buzz was targeted towards the smartphone duo, the tablet is pretty interesting on its own and deserves a hefty potion of attention as well. Fortunately, we had the opportunity for some first-hand experience with the 8-inch tablet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Neo_Huang (Posts: 1062; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
8.4, because it has multitasking features that utilize a tablet's large screen.
3. Commentator (Posts: 2999; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Really depends on what you want to do with it.
The S 8.4 takes the cake in most conventional categories, like screen-size, resolution, and productivity, but if you want a waterproof tablet with stereo speakers that can be used seamlessly with a PS4 controller, go with the Z3.
My gut tells me the S 8.4 though (which is more than PA's comparison review will tell you.)
9. ahomad (Posts: 173; Member since: 15 May 2012)
I was interested in this, but due to the price and the lake of 64-bit processor (no future proof), I will wait for the nexus 8 then make my decision.
4. pyradark (Posts: 809; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Cant wait for the review!! If tge battery is great. IM super sold
5. zoozo (Posts: 6; Member since: 03 Sep 2014)
The prices for £ and € should already include taxes. Any chance of a video preview for any of the Xperias?
6. cookie_cutter (Posts: 25; Member since: 03 Sep 2014)
This is a good balance between performance and resolution. The problem with the galaxy S tab 8.4 is the GPU on the S800 cant keep up with the resolution, In games like kritika the framerates dips often. If it was a Tegra K1 on the tab S 8.4 that would be a perfect combination.
I dont know how the wifi version performs Tab S 8.4 LTE is the only model available in asia.
7. a_tumiwa (Posts: 373; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
6.4mm thickness is similar to Z2 tablet .....
8. romeo1 (Posts: 647; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
So it can make phone calls. If i like it in real life I'll replace my z ultra with this
10. gziegfrid (Posts: 33; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Not a fan of octa-core powered tablet(unless its a 64-bit). I would go to z3 tablet.