Xperia Z2 and Note 3 screens get compared on video, guess which one looks more vivid
0. phoneArena 17 Mar 2014, 04:15 posted on
The Xperia Z2 is unlike the other Zs in Sony's flagship lineup, as it sports an IPS-LCD display, instead of the subpar twisted nematic (TN) LCD tech of its predecessors. Bad viewing angles, and washed out colors, are the most common complaints in the Xperia Z and Z1 reviews, and Sony has remedied the situation with the excellent panel on the Z2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
119. hurrycanger (Posts: 1499; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
You mean Sony fanboys.
Don't make other honest Sony fans angry, man. That can turn them into mindless fanboys someday.
70. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
This video only show how desperate the ignorance Sony fans are, trying to grab attention where nobody cares about Sony anymore
Sony = history period
79. kostas12ldb (Posts: 51; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
LoL, good one...
Sammy is the one that lost its momentum lately.
It seems that SONY is slowly rising from its ashes
80. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1630; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Says "FriendsOfSamsung" - don't like to see non-Samsung devices improve?
89. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1630; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I'm a fan of many brands. Just saying.
104. mhixtian (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 Mar 2014)
"This video only showS how desperate the ignoranT Sony fans are"
I'm not a grammar nazi, but that first sentence from your comment shows that you are an idiot! :D
And you're calling others ignorant.
Kids these days...
75. Achilis (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Z2 screen looks really good.No doubt in that.But I Doubt they have used movie mode of note 3 display which gives more like LCD color rather than over saturated Amoled color. The dynamic mode is extremely vivid. Anybody who is using a Note 3 can understand what I am saying.
77. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Lol PA you deleted all interesting comments.
90. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Lol funny before amoled was too saturated and unnatural and that was bad but now Sony have a even more saturated and unnatural colour and it's good and amoled is now poor. I've been saying for so long that everyone who's been using non amoled screens have been saturating there screens to come closer to the amoled screen.. Each year these companies say it's 20% more saturated etc but reviewers always claim oh the ips screen on this phone is natural when the oems themselves tout it to be more saturated etc.
110. shuimaranaman (Posts: 11; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
AMOLED burns your screens LCD doesnt. You idiot.
111. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
You must be some tough girl insulting online. Guess what Lcd can burn in toohttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?
The difference is Lcd just takes longer and even then on amoled burn in is not equal as it depends on the quality of screen.
114. pyradark (Posts: 807; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Its vivid and it has more colors compare to AMOLED!! You can turn off the X-reality engine. As simple as that Lol
116. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Samsung has built in screen modes to tone down vividness.. It's movie mode by display mate was considered one of the most accurate colors on a display and was rated up there with the best of ips screens.
92. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2026; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
That is a beautiful display. Z2 winner
93. aburdhew (Posts: 7; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
my tests with the same pic shows differet result the problem this is my first post & i can't post links until i pass 7 days after registeration to prove that
94. aburdhew (Posts: 7; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
99. magnum44 (unregistered)
This test clearly demonstrates how two and half 'lost decades' can adversely affect your technology prowess. Oh what brilliant Note 3 ... absolutely BRILLIANT.
105. Taters (Posts: 4692; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Those pictures looked horrible on the Z2 judging from the camera. How the Note 3 portrayed them would fit right in with a magazine ad. How the Z2 portrayed them wouldn't past the drawing board. They would think that there was a printer problem where the too much ink was being used.
107. Finest (Posts: 88; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
Its really obvious Z2 made a clear win guys don't be bias it doesn't make the note 3 display bad though
108. Genersis (Posts: 217; Member since: 29 May 2013)
That looks really over-saturated, reds especially, to thepoint of losing detail.
Hopefully Sony will fix it.
115. pyradark (Posts: 807; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
You can fix it!! Tirn off x-reality engine
117. leondavinci (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Jan 2014)
both phones are maxed up to highest brightness ,
third photo is supposed to have these rich colors after all, the curtain are red not brown and if anyone looked at the chandelier ,its light is normal not over saturated at all,
so the z2 produce more accurate colors whatever the setting is on the note3.
120. lumina12 (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
i already test s5..
its enough better, but for this case personally not feel different than note 3 for display if you use daily, and if compare with z2 in youtube z2 is better than s5 for overall
this my S5
i will post link later after 7 days because i cant post link after first time register...
but i will try it with this
just change * with http or www