Xperia C gets posted at Sony Mobile: dual SIM 5-incher with MediaTek processor
0. phoneArena 28 Jun 2013, 06:19 posted on
The Sony Xperia C sports a 5" qHD display, quad-core MediaTek chipset, 1 GB of RAM, 4 GB of storage and microSD slot, and has an 8 MP Exmor RS sensor on the back. Still not too shabby, and the handset is due to arrive in white, black and purple at China Unicom as exclusive for now, but will be available in other markets further down the road, says Sony...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
yeah, but at the price range this is going to be released, no one should complain.
9. nitishnaik (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Jun 2013)
sir when it will be availa\ble in india and what is the cost of that phone pls gve that info as early as possible eagerly waiting for that details and phone to buy
10. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
its expected to come in July and priced at about 18,000 INR ($300)
18. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
ummm, i get the feeling you think i work for sony. no i dont, i am just a sony fan, lol
5. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Probably will cost as much as the Galaxy Grand, or probably even less, which is a good thing. I simply dont like the sight of 4Gb storage, otherwise this phone is a good midranger.
6. boosook (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
It's good for China, where there are many 5'' phones from unknown brands with low prices, low res displays and low specs. This product will allow Sony to keep the price down and compete with local makers.
11. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6675; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
It's called LOW END NOT high end
16. Birds (Posts: 1022; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
While the ratio for screen real estate to resolution is not high, it still is good for a 5 inch screen. The PPI is actually 220. A 4.3 inch screen at 480x 800 has a PPI of 217. So you have to look at the extra resolve per real estate. It will look more crisp than a 4.3 inch screen with similar PPI because there is more resolve for size. You know...it is bigger. Lol it won't look as sharp as a 720p screen which would have a PPI of 296 at that size, but the screen resolution should be decent nonetheless.
In fact the resolve is the smallest issue about the screen. The main issue is the polarizing filter Sony employs on phones. It has serious trade offs. It makes blacks look pristine and inky at the trade off for viewing angles. Even a tilt of 28 degrees on the Xperia Z causes a somewhat drastic color shift.
I have faith I. Sony... :)
21. Diazene (Posts: 129; Member since: 01 May 2013)
the galaxy grand is WVGA, this is much better, actually, the pixel density is good
2. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Same old crappy TFT display?
4. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Yes. Thanks god it hasn't got OVER SATURATED colors.
7. tadaa (Posts: 255; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
do you have anything else to say except "crappy TFT"? you do that on every sony article i see
8. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Yeah it’s TFT display just like Galaxy grand,
But Xperia C have better Resolution and ppi
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6675; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Let's see what letters are missing A,B,D,F,H,I,N,Y
13. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
you can erase A.
because the other name of Xperia ZR is Xperia A
15. smallworld (Posts: 438; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Xperia C = Xperia C hina a.k.a Xperia C heap