Xiaomi's first tablet could sport a 7.85-inch screen with 1536 x 2048 pixels, Intel or Nvidia might power it
0. phoneArena 24 Apr 2014, 17:27 posted on
The 7.85-inch Xiaomi tablet is expected to be launched in the third or fourth quarter of this year. It will probably be available in China first, but an international release may follow soon after...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9723; Member since: 14 May 2012)
No other OEM uses the screen resolution Apple does so I take this with trucks load of Kosher Salt.
5. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I think this may be believable if they go for the same aspect ratio as the ipad. There is 1 or 2 Android tablets that use the ipad screen aspects. Acer and Archos I believe.
6. fzacek (Posts: 2449; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Yeah, Apple's screen resolutions always seem pretty arbitrary.
11. gigantos (Posts: 62; Member since: 25 Jul 2013)
Seriously? Or you must be living in an iWorld not to know Samsung use higher resolution (and higher ppi) screen on its Tab Pro 8.4.
16. McLTE (Posts: 745; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
he didn't say BETTER resolution - he said SAME resolution.
Samsung has higher PPI and a more standard resolution. :)
12. Ashoaib (Posts: 2714; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
But I believe it and I will buy xiomi. I know it will offer a lot of value as compare to price Unlike ipad... hail to xiomi, thumbs up
2. ajac09 (Posts: 1420; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Wont bring there phones to the US doubt they will bring this tablet.
3. galanoth (Posts: 383; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
So it's an iPad mini retina for 60% less price.
I'm down with that.
4. Neo_Huang (Posts: 1058; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
So its probably going to have iPad Mini with Retina Display specs, for a third of the price?
Apple is going to be f*cked up.
I see a court case coming up for "copying" their screen size and resolution. ;P
7. sgodsell (Posts: 2099; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
No one can own a resolution size. If that was the case then Apple would not be releasing a larger iPhone 6 with a screen size of 4.7" or 5.5".
13. Ashoaib (Posts: 2714; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
What? apple also patented screen resolution?? lolz
Well, its possible, never know uspto
9. htcforlife (Posts: 62; Member since: 15 Apr 2014)
Which reminds me what happened of the huawei mediapad which was shown at the mwc?
Looks were good
14. Ashoaib (Posts: 2714; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Huawei mediapad x1 is available in $400 16gb, which is a very good price for such a beastly specs...
10. JMartin22 (Posts: 1569; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Some phones that look similar to the Apple hardware, similar to certain UI elements of the software and now they're going with the same resolution of their tablets? Chinese OEMs still seem to have the imitation game going. I'm tired of hearing all this slack Samsung gets for mimicking Apple. Then again, these guys aren't well known anyway
15. Ashoaib (Posts: 2714; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
So what? let the haters say whatever they can say about copy... I love copy, it is saving my hard earned money.. it is me(consumer) who is going to pay for so called innovation