Xiaomi seeks sapphire glass for "premium" limited edition handset
0. phoneArena 25 Aug 2014, 03:53 posted on
A report published out of South Korea on Monday, states that upstart smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi, is looking for sapphire glass displays. According to the report, Xiaomi is seeking 50,000 of such displays, which would be used on a limited edition high-end handset. The device could launch sometime before this year is out...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. nokia12 (Posts: 446; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
imitation is the best form of flattery :D :D
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
So, does this mean that Kyocera is a copycat too? Only Apple can use sapphire glass? BS.
5. GalaxyS5 (banned) (Posts: 430; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Nope. But Xiaoaoamim thing is famous for copying everything apple. that includes phones, UIs and tabets. literally everything.
9. moroninc (Posts: 191; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
says the guy with Galaxy S5 as his nickname... LMFAO
14. GalaxyS5 (banned) (Posts: 430; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Yeah. Note it. GALAXY S5. A Samsung. got a problem with that xiaoyoyomomo fan?
20. neela_akaash (Posts: 219; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
If apple really launches that rumored iWatch, the news will be "Apple has invented an all new device, iWatch".
If xiaomi launches a smartwatch in coming future, the news will be "a new copycat gadget from xiaomi for poor people"
11. joey_sfb (Posts: 3725; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
MIUI v5 was release before iOS 7. According to sources Apple is the copy cat. Xiaomi also just let it slips. I won't be surprised if iOS 8 has built in theme support just like Xiaomi MIUI.
Besides miui v5 is still better now with theme support. User could download different theme from the online theme store.
13. GalaxyS5 (banned) (Posts: 430; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
so is the glorious MiPad and the 5s look alike. lmao "Apple" is going to copy xiaomimaomi? what the hll man?
16. Ashoaib (Posts: 2589; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
by the way he got a point... MIUI v5 did released months before ios 7, so how we can call it a copy? hmm... if we accept false accussition of copy then we have to accept that xiaomi has a magic or may be fortune teller or may be a globe where it can see the future
18. neela_akaash (Posts: 219; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Everything which is good, is proprietary of apple. If somebody sells it at lower price, is the biggest copycat.
6. Ashoaib (Posts: 2589; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
wow... all hail to xiaomi... they are really quick to pick up any new trend in the industry... but I feel sad that they try to follow each n every foot step of apple
8. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3264; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Copy everything but making it much better than actual. :)
7. Ashoaib (Posts: 2589; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
well said... and MIUI worth praise bcoz my friend purchased mi3 a week ago... MIUI is really very nice though its skin feels more like ios instead of android
12. joey_sfb (Posts: 3725; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Yes. Agreed. They have many feature that both iOS and default Android lacks.
Theme and build in security with apps permission control. E.g deny facebook app from accessing my location information and contact.
I can still use the app as per normal without disclosing my personal information.
15. Ashoaib (Posts: 2589; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
yeah... I like permission control in chinese phones... I have permission manager on my huawei mediapad x1 and I restricted facebook too and many other apps as well... more or less almost all chinese brands offer low level permission control in their UIs
17. neela_akaash (Posts: 219; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Xiaomi is not devided into rich and poor, they just offer the best at a remarkably genuine price, whether it is phones, tv, power-banks, accessories etc.
10. Iodine (Posts: 674; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Anti Apple consortium will keep telling you how many decades Apple is behind, but any time there is an RUMOR about what Apple will do next, people in other companies run around in panic to rush out that RUMOR before Apple. They created the wearable a market that way.... everybody is rushing out wearable like crazy, samsung is already has four of them, and third generation is already underway... All in a year.
21. tamchawk (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Aug 2014)
There are plenty other compounds harder than Sapphire glass, like transition metal carbides and nitrides etc. So the statement that it's hardness only surpassed by diamond is untrue.
22. tamchawk (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Aug 2014)
By the way Sapphire is not a glass. It's a crystalline material. Please write it as Sapphire not Sapphire glass.