Xiaomi looking beyond China: Hugo Barra to be VP of Xiaomi Global
0. phoneArena 29 Aug 2013, 00:28 posted on
Just a couple hours ago, we heard that Hugo Barra was going to be stepping down as Google's vice president of Android product management in order to take a position with Xiaomi. Now, we're getting a clearer picture of what this is all about, because Barra has posted to his Google+ that he is leaving Google to become the VP of Xiaomi Global...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1153; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Xiaomi produce nice phone with attractive price tag.
but their UI is kinda feel bad.
I dont like iOS UI of theirs and they probably should have stick with more stock like UI
oppo and Xiaomi great potential companies
10. AnTuTu (Posts: 1551; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
That's the reason why they have hired Hugo Barra. This dude will change everything for Xiaomi in the software side. So jus wait and watch.
3. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
I guess the only sense I'm seeing out of this is them getting Hugo for loosening the fork for the global expansion.
4. _Bone_ (Posts: 2150; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Xiaomi is like HTC in it's prime or Apple early with the iPhone, top-end HW, stellar build quality, very fast software and they are relatively cheap too. The Mi-3 with the SD800 and 3000mAh+ battery should beat the rivals handily in smoothness and performance.
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 2150; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Wait, is this Google's Hugo Barra who pulls these new devices out of his back pocket at I/O events? Wow.
6. boosook (Posts: 1361; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
So that's why he did it... I'd say that this is the kind of challenge that a manager cannot refuse.
BTW, I guess this means that Xiaomi will use Android...
8. sriuslywtf (Posts: 297; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
I like Hugo Barra. He looks like Sheldon Cooper.
9. Eonnaydra (Posts: 217; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
They should change their name if they wanna do smth in Europe!