Xiaomi joins Apple and Samsung in the list of best-selling devices for February 2014
0. phoneArena 04 Apr 2014, 09:22 posted on
A recent report, released by Technology Market Research company Counterpoint, reveals that Xiaomi has somewhat succeeded in breaking the Apple-Samsung hegemony and now has not one, but two devices in the top 10 list of best-selling devices worldwide in February. Both the Xiaomi Hongmi, a.k.a. Redmi, and the Xiaomi MI-3 have made their way to the 7th and 10th place, respectively...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1304; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Xiaomi is the next Amazon Kindle Fire. Taking the world by the storm :D Right now companies need to focus on mid range flagship a bit more.
2. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 822; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
We're in and the Galaxy S3 has not only long beaten its Android and WP competitors from 2012 but is now beating their successors and their successors, LOL, incredible.
Not even a Xperia Z or Z1, LG G2, Lumia something, Htc something etc... In there.
It's a tough market.
Great work by Xiaomi :) they are schooling some mobile phone veterans!
8. fouadqr (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Schooling?!! they sell well because of the 1billion people in china..
9. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Get your facts right, Xiaomi sell well in other Asian countries as well.
Salute to Xiaomi, one of the most successful Chinese manufacturers.
34. aksa123 (Posts: 217; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Get your facts right, the redmi had been a huge hit in china BEFORE xiaomi went international.
10. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 822; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
You say that like they are the only OEM in China, may I remind you that there are many times more OEMs there meaning far more competition INCLUDING Samsung, Apple, LG, Nokia, Htc and many other big name brands, it's a difficult market so YES, they are schooling them. China having a billion people is no excuse, India also has a huge population.
13. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1304; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
There are actually 1.35 billion people in China. That's 1 billion more than the population in the U.S. If you can even capture a lot of people in China then you will be making a lot of money for a small company like Xiaomi. If they keep this up, they will have enough capital to compete with the big boys in all aspects :D
29. Ahmadovich (Posts: 43; Member since: 16 Mar 2014)
With the WP 8.1 update, I guess maybe the Lumia 1520 be one of those best selling.
3. fouadqr (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
No Nokia No HTC No Sony ..that's just bad :'(
4. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
It amaze me that people still buying 5c. I heard soon Xiaomi will release their phones in my country too, I'm looking forward to it.
5. Ninetysix (Posts: 1659; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Pretty sure those fandroids said that Apple is dead. Why is the iPhone still the numero UNO best selling device worldwide last Feb? Can the fandroids please explain...(waiting for the usual apple haters..you know who you are).
7. Jason2k13 (Posts: 648; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
They say apple and Samsung are going down.
19. ihavenoname (Posts: 1441; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Apple and Samsung might be going down... Right after every other company. ;)
21. Finalflash (Posts: 1799; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
lol, no one took your bait so far, keep trying though.
22. Ninetysix (Posts: 1659; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
That's one. Still missing a few fandroid comments...you know who you are.
28. PBXtech (Posts: 980; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
It's pointless arguing against a fan base that will repeat buy, regardless what features or options it has, or more importantly don't have, or what pricing Apple places on it.
33. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Well Apple is dead for smart techie users but alive for the typical users who knows jack about what's going on the tech industries behind what Apple as a OEM has very bad rumours of patent trolls.
Surely the fruit will end up like BB and Nokia sometime soon.
We buy Apple products to look " cool trendy and it's the latest fashion "
Every tech blog websites hates Apples infrastructure ,,,,
6. Jason2k13 (Posts: 648; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
You see fanboys saying Samsung is going down, yet there flagships can't even beat the sales of the old S3, let alone S3 and S4 mini.
11. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3418; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Before anybody say anything about china population. Just take a look at number of great innovations of xiaomi. Their beautiful MIUI rom, affordable prices and beautifully designed phones.
14. GBanker (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Hate the selling method of Xiao Mi. Using limited supply to create a buying crowd.
In addition , the QC is far behind the international standard. This is not as good as people expected. The UI copying iOS style. Data usage in the phone are being spy by China GOV.Tones of problem exist in Xiao Mi. Not a mature enogh company, the selling point of the company is "CHEAP in Price".
15. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Xiaomi hater, China hater, pure hater, true blabber, jaywalking like a naysayer, GBanker.
Not believing a single word you said.
18. GBanker (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
As a Chinese, I will say I really appreciate the Chinese mobile company is gaining prosper. However ,there are really lots of problems exist in Xiao Mi. Even Xiao Mi CEO Lei Jun admit iphone is the best phone ever, he need to learn alot from that. I will say there are many news about Xiao Mi in my region. To be honest, Xiao Mi really need to take lot of change including the marketing, the UI uniqueness and the improvement QC.
17. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1304; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
And Walmart selling point isn't cheap in price?? You want to talk about spying now? U.S. government has more spying power and technology than anyone out there. For a starter company, they are doing everything right to put their name out there first. Then they will have to focus on all the aspects after they are more successful. It's the world of business, my friend. Do what you can to survive and climb to the top or you will never go anywhere.
20. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1145; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
xiaomi? i feel the nokia presence at both phones.. lol
30. Ahmadovich (Posts: 43; Member since: 16 Mar 2014)
Sure with the WP 8.1 they will surely gain some attraction. (At least I hope)
24. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3418; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Thats like a die hard nokia fanboy comment. I like it lol.
25. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2044; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
WP8.1 will get Nokia there....very soon!
26. networkdood (Posts: 6274; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Coolpad is the sixth largest manufacturer and their latest device, the Great God 9976a, is selling pretty well, for a phablet...
31. loveHEAVYMETAL (unregistered)
not to mention that xiaomi handset are very cheap,the price ratio between xiaomi m3 and iphone 5s is about 1:2
that why xiaomu will success
not a fan of both oem
36. JMartin22 (Posts: 1221; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Those Chinese phones look like ugly tablets with thick bezels