Xiaomi Mi-Two will come with MIUI V4.0 and here's what it looks like
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Aug 2012, 05:42
If you’ve missed the Xiaomi Phone 2, or Mi-Two, announcement last week, you’d better catch up quick - coming in October to China first is one…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bobfreking55 posted on 20 Aug 2012, 05:53 7 1
i like the idea of the custom rom thing...
but I really do hope OEMs start selling stock Android devices and make the skin downloadable in the market or maybe an option to turn it off.
Cool though, I'm starting to like China phones but I still won't buy because of lack of support.
19. Smart posted on 20 Aug 2012, 07:22 1 0
Exactly.......I just bought an S3 and want to trade it already......
25. clevername posted on 20 Aug 2012, 09:42 1 0
Instead of trading it wait for MIUI to be ported to it. If its not already it should be soon, its been a pretty popular rom floating around for a while now.
3. Cyan3boN posted on 20 Aug 2012, 05:59 0 0
i will wait for a review on its camera and import it if it meets my expectations.
4. XiphiasGladius posted on 20 Aug 2012, 06:10 0 0
WOW. . . Dang it, I now so want to have that king of cutom ROM. . .
5. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2012, 06:12 3 0
Boy, I hope this will put pressure on big OEMs to make top phones more affordable. A powerful tablet like N7 sells for 200 bucks and GS3 costs some 700, that's not right.
13. senotrius posted on 20 Aug 2012, 06:38 1 1
GS3 is way overpriced and quality not good for the price.not good for the price its selling see.at that price it should come with anodized metal alloys and s**t!:)
6. smartphone posted on 20 Aug 2012, 06:16 4 0
Xiaomi is using the first ever quadcore snapdragon S4 which is a great achievement.
I doubt even Nokia will anounce a quadcore phone recently even though they are working with Microsoft and Qualcomm so closely.
The phone is great for the price.
99% chance that this phone will not be released in India, badluck.
9. remixfa posted on 20 Aug 2012, 06:21 3 0
99% chance that its china only. Miezu is a chinese only manufacturer for the most part.
10. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2012, 06:26 1 0
No way, Xiao Mi is at a stage of brand building and that's why it is so aggressive. It's ambitious and US and Europe presence is a must for them.
22. remixfa posted on 20 Aug 2012, 09:03 3 0
Miezu is a Chinese company that deals with china. Their presence outside of china is little to none.
MIUI phones would NEVER make it to the states as retail phones. Apple would have a field day with them. It is a purpose built iOS replica.
They also sold the first Exynos 4412 phone like 3 months before Samsung unveiled the SGS3. Anyone hear of them since? No? Thats because they are pretty much China only.
16. TylerGrunter posted on 20 Aug 2012, 07:06 0 0
Not really, it will probably go to Europe too.
8. remixfa posted on 20 Aug 2012, 06:21 3 6
2 articles on a phone NOT A SINGLE reader of this site will ever see.. wow. Yea, the specs are awesome but your just getting people worked up over nothing.
MIUI rom is a Chinese knock off of iOS. they go out of their way to look like iOS. I find it bland and boring really.
14. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2012, 06:51 1 0
Problems with software can be fixed easily, but the phone's hardware is stunning and the price is awesome.
23. remixfa posted on 20 Aug 2012, 09:05 1 0
im not disagreeing with that at all. The specs are dream worthy.
That doesnt mean you or anyone else here will ever be able to buy one.. That is my point. Might as well be showing pictures of thanksgiving feasts to starving people that have no hope of ever seeing that feast.. same effect.
24. remixfa posted on 20 Aug 2012, 09:16 0 0
According to their own website, they only ship to China. Good luck.
18. TylerGrunter posted on 20 Aug 2012, 07:12 0 0
Or may be you are just understimating the number of arabs, chinese, indians and eropeans that read this site.
20. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2012, 07:33 0 0
Would it be simpler with stock Android?
15. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 20 Aug 2012, 07:05 1 0
Just Hope that UI is good and works like normal android devices like what we have now (HTC GS3 Sony etc......
21. sid07desai posted on 20 Aug 2012, 08:54 0 0
I don't see why I shouldn't buy this instead of Galaxy S3
26. OSFantasma posted on 20 Aug 2012, 10:31 0 0
I don't know guys, if they release it with stock android I am sure it would be a different story. The first version had support for dual boot.. maybe they can just install the stock android and let the Rom community take care of the people that want the miui experience.
Also eBay is your friend....hahaha...
For sure if they ever were to start selling the phone in the US they would charge alot more because they would have to pay import fees and such...