Xiaomi Mi 4 camera spotlight: one of the first with Sony’s new 13-megapixel IMX214 sensor, demo images show it off
0. phoneArena 22 Jul 2014, 09:09 posted on
The Xiaomi Mi 4 comes with a 13-megapixel main camera with a wide, f/1.8 aperture. The exciting news, however, is about the camera sensor: the Mi 4 is one of the first phones to feature the new Sony IMX214 sensor…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Sony can never get their own cameras right but can for others. I'm a Sony fan btw. Hate how Sony screws up their own cameras... Please step up your game Sony!
4. cezarepc (Posts: 631; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
They stopped caring after the Arc S.
Sony: Nah let them make good with our sensors, they'll buy millions of modules from us.
5. Vinayakn73 (Posts: 189; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Sony fails in software department. 20mp camera on z2 can't even match the details produced by 13mp camera by other OEM's (Camera Software), the details are to soft for mylikings and those are not limited to z2 other xperia's also suffer from same.
24. justsayit (Posts: 253; Member since: 09 May 2013)
the worst thing is, people still believe that z1 and z2 camera is better other phone,just because of 20Megapixel
when people will starting know that megapixel is just number,not quality?
26. Ethos (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
do u know when u see difference btw pixels ?
when u streaming video over network actual live ...
i compared front camera iphon 5 and my android phon with 5mpx and it looks much nicer on 5 mpx.. but obviously when taking picture there are other more things which changes quality ..
but as i said comparing mpx it needs streaming camera over network
with skype or tango or other apps supporting video calls ..
27. RajRicardo (Posts: 153; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
ok then, let's talk a little about HTC One here.
2. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3234; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Awesome. Other OEMs make good use of Sony's sensors which Sony cannot do.
3. Jishnusur (Posts: 73; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
I'm shifting to China for those ladies. Anyone who wants to join please contact! :D
9. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3434; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I'll join if you change the destination to Japan.
16. LoveHater (Posts: 167; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
I'll join if you change the destination to South Korea :D
20. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I live in Hong Kong so I am already here
6. Vinayakn73 (Posts: 189; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I wish that Xiaomi kind of manufacturers bring down proudy and greedy OEM's (Shameshung, ipple, Sony) and show them what is real value for money?
7. Deaconclgi (Posts: 372; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
The sensor size is still small. That is great that the overall picture quality is improving but I need pictures that are actually great on the pixel level and not ones that just look good when not zoomed in. I welcome any improvements though.
I'm disappointed in the camera on the Lumia 1520, if only because I have been completely spoiled by the results from my 1020, 808 PureView, Nokia N8 and Nokia N82. The 1520 just doesn't deliver clarity like those devices.
I hope the next imaging flagship form Microsoft Mobile combines the brute hardware power of the 808 PureView with the slickness and algorithms of Nokia Camera. The 1020 was close but still less of a technical marvel compared to the 808.
I don't have high hopes though as Microsoft will probably go for a slim model, weak xenon like the 1020, leaving out the ND filter and having a smaller sensor than the 808 again.
8. gaara6775 (Posts: 633; Member since: 20 May 2014)
This phone is perfect only if it had sd805. Because they make 1 flagship per year .
10. mustafansu (Posts: 9; Member since: 18 Nov 2012)
Doesn't the One Plus one use the same sensor from Sony?
11. needa (Posts: 197; Member since: 30 Jun 2014)
the oneplus uses this sensor. and the apple is using the 220, an upgrade to the 214. i don't see what the big deal is.
12. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
That's the iPhone 6 rumoured sensor and it is not even released yet so yup. But you are right about the OPO sensor though
13. smallworld (Posts: 447; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I think the OnePlus One and the Oppo Find 7 also have the IMX214 sensor.
14. lallolu (Posts: 264; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
thanks a lot, I was wondering the same thing. Oneplus One, Oppo Find 7 and LG G3 use IMX214. The person that wrote this article dis not get his facts right.
17. roobs (Posts: 68; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
G3 uses the same as the G2, IMX135. Refer to article.
23. cc3493 (Posts: 158; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Well he didnt say "the first" he said "one of the first", so he did get his facts right lol
15. Ghost04 (Posts: 76; Member since: 03 May 2014)
The best 13MP camera is used by VIVO X-SHOT .
You can check it in gizchina.com review .
18. Sid91 (unregistered)
the combined shot is a neat function, Most of my images with flash highlight the person but the background becomes dark, if this feature works Im definitely getting this fone
19. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 225; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Cmon sony make ur image proccesing software better
21. sergiobr (Posts: 465; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
There´s something wrong, neither my Sony RX100 take photos like this.
22. kent-gaga (Posts: 155; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
you guys do realize that most (if not all) of these pictures are fake right?
how come the 2 first pictures can blur the background that much at that distance?
and the front facing camera also have auto focus?
i dont think so
stupid Xiaomi dont even know how to promote their products the right way