Xensation Cover is the Germans' alternative to Gorilla Glass, claims it is tougher
0. phoneArena 06 Jun 2012, 06:42 posted on
This German company called SCHOTT believes that its newly announced scratch resistant glass outperforms the competition's offerings, including Gorilla Glass. The Germans have unveiled Xensation, which they claim to be "the strongest cover glass available on the market today." And yes, as you might expect, the glass is meant to protect displays of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
bring it on! if this is put on an iPhone 4 and does not break when drops, I might consider glass designs.
3. bbblader (Posts: 580; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Exuse me but why is there a floor under the glass? won't that make it very harder to break
5. sammy_saw (Posts: 28; Member since: 07 Jan 2012)
Yup it's another company claim that there glass is strongest in the market today just like gorilla glass company claim earlier that there gorilla glass 2 is stronger than gorilla 1 glass , I think they have to put there product out in the market to test it in everyday use and to see if it live up to what they claim to be the strongest out there in the market
13. DigitalBoy05 (Posts: 203; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)
thats not what gorilla is claiming. well i guess it depends on how you look at it. they claim it is just as strong as GG1 but thinner.
6. Fantazma (Posts: 6; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Gorilla vs Dragontrail vs Xensation....war of the glass!!!
18. bayusuputra (Posts: 941; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
i don't know about the Xensation, but between gorilla and the dragon, i choose the dragon..
7. matrix_neo (Posts: 321; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Glass war is something new, the toughest glass will win.
8. poddey (Posts: 75; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Cool they've got an anti-glare variant.
Now when are we going to see Corning/Asahi/Schott put their glass to proper real world drop tests?
10. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Just use the plastic on Riot Shields... xD
11. QinEmpire (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Another case of copycat like how Android/Samsung did to Apple.
14. coolastic11 (Posts: 6; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
I forgot Corning invented strengthened glass
15. Tadoya (Posts: 5; Member since: 02 Jun 2012)
They should just use a layer of diamond as glass... Expensive but the idea of that reminds me of that I believe Prada blackberry that was selling for 8k.
17. tiara6918 (Posts: 1438; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I wanna see a drop test on Xensation and gorilla glass, let's see which is tougher