Xbox and PC games to find their way to iOS and Android devices beginning this year
The deal will allow Klab to develop Microsoft’s computer games so they can be offered on iOS devices in iTunes and Android devices in Google Play.
The first game to make its debut this year under the arrangement will be “Age of the Empires” which is expected to be free to play. While Windows Phone has access to a whole bunch of Xbox games, the selection of similar titles is comparatively limited. If this deal between Microsoft and Klab is in place, the gaming landscape for iOS and Android will begin to look quite different in the near future.
The story itself is still developing, so as we read more about it, we will pass along the details to you.
15. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
I want gta v and project blackout
26. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
hold your horses guys. Even Snap 800 or the mighty Tegra 4 can't yet play such high def games in the usual manner they're played on Pc. I'm pretty sure Klab will make a toned down version for mobile devices
27. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Duh! Were people actually expecting full console games on mobile devices?!
30. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Did you ever expect that we would be able to play gta 3 on our phones nowadays 10 years ago ? I suppose no,
2. taikucing (unregistered)
bye bye WP...
32. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
gun bros is full of bugs bugs and more bugs :(
5. papss (unregistered)
I can't imagine playing a console game on my touch screen. I would much rather use my Xbox controller
10. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3072; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
You can. I mean if you look into how to do it, there are connectors or rooting that allows for X-Box/PS3, or Wii controllers to be used on android phones/tablets.
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Xbox ONE is going too loose this next generation anyway. No one wants RESTRICTIONS or can't play used games
8. Maxwell.R (Posts: 202; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
Microsoft changed their mind on that issue. Just a heads up.
11. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3072; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Yep they obviously realized they could not get away with that nonsense and removed all the restrictions. Still has left a bad taste in many people's mouths tho.
14. Maxwell.R (Posts: 202; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
True, though I understand the problem. The second hand gaming puts a lot of pressure on developers and these high-end games are not cheap to build. If people get fed up enough with the $60+ new game prices, DRM will have to be part of the picture. That, along with ensuring developers build truly solid games that people want to keep (none that three hour campaign stuff-and-done).
16. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3072; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Very true, if Skyrim was 80-100 dollars I would have still bought it in a heart beat. Games like that are worth every penny, I still play Morrowind and Oblivion all the time even after years later.
31. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Still forcing people to buy kinect otherwise it won't work, They should have given people choice
17. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
It's too late plus its 499$ still have too check in 24yrs and THEY DON'T SUPPORT USED GAMES PERIOD. and u can't even remove the stupid hard drive have too be online while playing which SUXS
19. SpamInACan (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Jun 2013)
24hr check in has been removed, you don't need to be online to play games and you can play used games now. They did a 180 degree turn on it all, pretty much.
21. alterecho (Posts: 1096; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
You still need to go online the first time to activate the console and seems there will be a day one update. Also, the console won't work without turning on the kinect.
Oh and also mandatory game installs to the hard drive.
They really can't hide what it is even if they turn 180 degree or whatever degree.
22. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Oh all you people on the internet who have a weird problem with the internet.
29. Malique001 (Posts: 58; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Lose in terms of what? Sales? The XB1 surpassed the PS4 in pre-orders since last week.
23. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm not sure what games from these platforms i'd want to play on my phone...Catherine, TF2, Portal...i dunno. i guess it'll be up to these guys to show me.
24. DibelDibil (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
will that mean that they will port halo spartan assault to iOS and GPlay?
25. shadow25 (Posts: 5; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
I think it would B great,but wait....................if its true no one would buy XBOX and most of the people would buy smartphones.I think there are 2 possibility.......1.Its the end of XBOX or maybe PS3............2.Games might have unbelievable prices!!!!!!!!
28. Stayfly2407 (Posts: 51; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
better make sure you have a quad core phone otherwise you aren't playing jack. Lol
33. shadow25 (Posts: 5; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
Dude,don't be a fool!!!please read my comment carefully then reply it .lol!!!