X Phone benchmarks confirm this is not quite a top-of-the-line device
0. phoneArena 11 May 2013, 21:18 posted on
Throughout this Motorola X Phone saga, there have been two constants in all of the information that we have gotten from our inside source: 1) It is not a Google phone, this is the last device that was in the Motorola pipeline; and, 2) It will not be a mind-blowing, top-of-the-line device. There have been plenty of rumors that have tried to talk it up, but new benchmarks are confirming what we've known all along...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5599; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I said it before and I'll say it again, it's the Bionic all over again.
28. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Looks like you was an ex Moto user, or fan™
48. Sniggly (Posts: 7230; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
In order to be the Bionic all over again, as you put it, the Ghost would have to:
-be a phone that was built from scratch, starting at the design board and ending with production and sales, in about 6 months flat.
-be glitchy, thick, and ugly.
-be released with a horrible camera, crappy screen, and slow processor.
-be about 5 months overdue from its original promised release date.
-be released about 2 months before a much superior phone by the same manufacturer is released with the intent to replace the existing model.
If you say that the Ghost is going to be the Bionic all over again, then you're essentially saying that all of those conditions will be met at the same time.
Willing to make that bet, Mxy?
51. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5670; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you kind of exaggerated it there buddy...
55. Sniggly (Posts: 7230; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
What did I exaggerate?
1) The Bionic's Etna design had to be dropped entirely circa March 2011 because Verizon field tests showed the battery only lasted a couple of hours. The Targa design was used instead, and the phone was completely redesigned and released in September of 2011.
2. The Bionic was full of bugs, was almost 11 mm thick (admittedly thinner than the rest of the LTE lineup of the time) and while it wasn't the most hideous design ever, it was easily bested by subsequent phones.
3. Motorola's been busted up about its cameras since the Droid X2 and frankly they haven't gotten better since. The Pentile QHD was awful in retrospect, and one of the main complaints I had about the Atrix. The processor was still dual core, but was outdated by then and the Tegra 2 has not stood the test of time.
4. The Bionic was projected to launch in April of 2011 originally, which is about 5 months prior to its eventual release in September.
5. The Droid Razr packaged a faster processor, far sharper and easier to look at screen, and about the same battery life into a much thinner and sexier package. It wasn't perfect, but if you gave me a choice between the Bionic and the Razr I'd gladly pick the Razr.
I'll admit I used a bit of hyperbole in my estimation of the Bionic, and when it first came out it was still better than anything else Verizon had, but in hindsight the project should have been completely killed despite the fact that it would have left Motorola without a flagship until the very last month of 2011.
71. jcarrigan (unregistered)
I cant believe that we all have to go through this crap again and wait even longer for a decent moto phone. i believe there last ditch effort to be relavent was the droid razr and even those were a simple fad that faded incredibly fast. How about they not release another moto phone until they have something that will compete against this years top dogs Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One, iPhone 5S, whatever lg is letting out of the barn nowadays, and the Galaxy Note 3.
2. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Motorola X, will be a fail™
No 3Gb Ram
No Sony Exmoor RS sensors
No 3Mp front camera
No 4000Mah battery
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
U MAD BRO? Read the article! Read!
The device is running Android 4.2.2!
You haven't seen the specs yet, how can you know that it doesn't have a 13MP camera?
No 4000Mah battery? This is not a phablet bro!
No Sony Exmor RS sensors? .....................
25. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Ok, but what about the 4000mAH battery? This is not a phablet.
29. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wait, I thought the RAZR MAXX has a 3300mAh battery, not 4000.
31. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Battery is slim like 3300 available here in UK™
32. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh, so you mean that the 3300mAh battery on the RAZR MAXX's battery life is like a 4000mAh right?
45. taikucing (unregistered)
Check out Lenovo P770. It has 3500 mAh battery
46. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I saw that phone before, and it's not bad at all!
7. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
No phone needs 3GB of RAM,
Go get a 12mm phone for a 4000 Mah battery
S800 isn't even out yet.
Sony sensors suck look at the Xperia Z LOL.
MP doesn't matter, it just increases the size, and the detail to a CERTAIN extent.
10. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Really try download system panel app.
I have FB skype tango widgets 3 games weather dolphin browser apex launcher ai keyboard twitter gmail superuser busybox titanium pro rom manager and theres androids resources that run on background which leaves me with 600mb of ram, when you start browsing, open 3 tabs, memory drops to 200 ram, then it starts to slow down.
Why, whats wrong having 3gb ram, so youre telling me why wont u drive a bmw m3 but will drive a 320, what a joke™
Please you need help®
11. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
did you know that
Iphone5 and S4 use Sony sensor
the only problem with Xperia Z is bad software
if you compare other 13 MP mobile camera sensor on the market right now maybe Sony sensor second to none
14. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 690; Member since: 11 May 2013)
2. Not really
3. It will
4. Look at iphone and galaxy s4
5. MP matters for some reasons
15. FlushGordon (unregistered)
1. In a real world computing sense, More RAM is better
2. SONY sensors don't suck..Android just cant make the most out of its jpeg compression engine....give the same exact sensor to Nikon for sure they will make it better.
3. Megapixels matter if you expand your horizons outside of Facebook and Instagram....More megapixels means there is more latitude for cropping
56. Sniggly (Posts: 7230; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Think maybe the next version of Android will include better camera software?
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well looking at ur avatar, your a nokia wp8 user, what would you no about Android™
36. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
1) The X Phone is due to be released in July, the S800 isn't due to hit devices until closer to the end of the year.
2) What phone needs 3GB of RAM?
3) Megapixels are useless
4) We still don't know what kind of sensors are in the device.
5) Is that really a concern?
6) Actually, yes it does have 4.2.2 as is stated in the article
7) With Google in charge, it will get updates.
8) You've lived up to your name on this one.
60. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I disagree with 2 and 3.
Also talking about RAMs, I don't understand why people thinks that next RAMs for mobile phones will be 3GB, I think it will be 4GB, 3GB is something not standard.
67. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I wasn't living upto my name, "TROLL"™
An ex Motorola user.
I thought the X was something exclusive and rare, Motorola
are pushing the limits for the X brand™
So I was hoping, wishing looking forward to a ultra highend handset!
72. jphillips63 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Tell a professional photographer megapixels are useless. I'm not sure if you know much about cameras and sensors in them. as a photographer maybe it be best you stick to phones and let the likes of fred Miranda deal with cameras and the MP in cameras and new sensors.
74. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
Professional photographers are the only people who care about megapixels. For everyone else, they're useless.
77. troutsy (Posts: 287; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Professional photographers care about megapixels in the context of professional photography.
Welcome to the world of cellphone camera photography, where megapixels mean hardly anything and you are totally and utterly wrong.
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Who cares it will not be a mind-blowing, top-of-the-line device? Who cares?
The X Phone is gonna be an awesome phone!
Snapdragon S4 Pro with Andreno 320 GPU, that's already nice, the processor and GPU is same as my Xperia Z!
Cool! Bring it on Motorola!
61. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
So, it comes to terms that the X phone is gonna compare with Xperia SP.
The same specs with same, if not similar screen size.
4. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1063; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
So... Why would I get this over the gorgeous Nexus 4?
8. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Well if you like crap screens with yellowish tint and ultra brittle glass back you should get the Nexus 4
Dont get me wrong here. The N4 is an awesone device, its just that those are the major shortcomings that made me sell mine.
54. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The more durable build, the giant battery, more memory, and the amazing antennae of Motorola.
9. Andrewtst (Posts: 434; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Never put hope on Motorola as Moto never impress me.
12. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Never did, never will™
Htc Sony Lg Samsung Ftw©
16. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 690; Member since: 11 May 2013)
:) Samsung Sony HtC LG Apple OPpo FTW
37. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Solid device against iPhone 5s, Nokia 9xx and Z10. But not against the S4, HTC One and Note 3. This device will be easily forgotten just like the Razr hd models. No one talks about those models like the S3 from last year.
40. darkkjedii (Posts: 14461; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Phones don't compete against each other...people do.
26. marions (Posts: 13; Member since: 19 May 2012)
The "ghost" of something which could be really, really good if MOT would just step it up a notch and make a phone which people really want. Hey, even one which you can talk on and be heard by the other person.
30. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Where's Kingkorogii and Battlebratt©