X Phone benchmarks confirm this is not quite a top-of-the-line device
13. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13604; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I said it before and I'll say it again, it's the Bionic all over again.
28. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Looks like you was an ex Moto user, or fan™
48. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
In order to be the Bionic all over again, as you put it, the Ghost would have to:
-be a phone that was built from scratch, starting at the design board and ending with production and sales, in about 6 months flat.
-be glitchy, thick, and ugly.
-be released with a horrible camera, crappy screen, and slow processor.
-be about 5 months overdue from its original promised release date.
-be released about 2 months before a much superior phone by the same manufacturer is released with the intent to replace the existing model.
If you say that the Ghost is going to be the Bionic all over again, then you're essentially saying that all of those conditions will be met at the same time.
Willing to make that bet, Mxy?
51. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you kind of exaggerated it there buddy...
55. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
What did I exaggerate?
1) The Bionic's Etna design had to be dropped entirely circa March 2011 because Verizon field tests showed the battery only lasted a couple of hours. The Targa design was used instead, and the phone was completely redesigned and released in September of 2011.
2. The Bionic was full of bugs, was almost 11 mm thick (admittedly thinner than the rest of the LTE lineup of the time) and while it wasn't the most hideous design ever, it was easily bested by subsequent phones.
3. Motorola's been busted up about its cameras since the Droid X2 and frankly they haven't gotten better since. The Pentile QHD was awful in retrospect, and one of the main complaints I had about the Atrix. The processor was still dual core, but was outdated by then and the Tegra 2 has not stood the test of time.
4. The Bionic was projected to launch in April of 2011 originally, which is about 5 months prior to its eventual release in September.
5. The Droid Razr packaged a faster processor, far sharper and easier to look at screen, and about the same battery life into a much thinner and sexier package. It wasn't perfect, but if you gave me a choice between the Bionic and the Razr I'd gladly pick the Razr.
I'll admit I used a bit of hyperbole in my estimation of the Bionic, and when it first came out it was still better than anything else Verizon had, but in hindsight the project should have been completely killed despite the fact that it would have left Motorola without a flagship until the very last month of 2011.
71. jcarrigan (unregistered)
I cant believe that we all have to go through this crap again and wait even longer for a decent moto phone. i believe there last ditch effort to be relavent was the droid razr and even those were a simple fad that faded incredibly fast. How about they not release another moto phone until they have something that will compete against this years top dogs Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One, iPhone 5S, whatever lg is letting out of the barn nowadays, and the Galaxy Note 3.
2. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Motorola X, will be a fail™
No 3Gb Ram
No Sony Exmoor RS sensors
No 3Mp front camera
No 4000Mah battery
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
U MAD BRO? Read the article! Read!
The device is running Android 4.2.2!
You haven't seen the specs yet, how can you know that it doesn't have a 13MP camera?
No 4000Mah battery? This is not a phablet bro!
No Sony Exmor RS sensors? .....................
25. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Ok, but what about the 4000mAH battery? This is not a phablet.
29. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wait, I thought the RAZR MAXX has a 3300mAh battery, not 4000.
31. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Battery is slim like 3300 available here in UK™
32. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh, so you mean that the 3300mAh battery on the RAZR MAXX's battery life is like a 4000mAh right?
45. taikucing (unregistered)
Check out Lenovo P770. It has 3500 mAh battery
46. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I saw that phone before, and it's not bad at all!
7. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
No phone needs 3GB of RAM,
Go get a 12mm phone for a 4000 Mah battery
S800 isn't even out yet.
Sony sensors suck look at the Xperia Z LOL.
MP doesn't matter, it just increases the size, and the detail to a CERTAIN extent.
10. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Really try download system panel app.
I have FB skype tango widgets 3 games weather dolphin browser apex launcher ai keyboard twitter gmail superuser busybox titanium pro rom manager and theres androids resources that run on background which leaves me with 600mb of ram, when you start browsing, open 3 tabs, memory drops to 200 ram, then it starts to slow down.
Why, whats wrong having 3gb ram, so youre telling me why wont u drive a bmw m3 but will drive a 320, what a joke™
Please you need help®
11. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
did you know that
Iphone5 and S4 use Sony sensor
the only problem with Xperia Z is bad software
if you compare other 13 MP mobile camera sensor on the market right now maybe Sony sensor second to none
14. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 808; Member since: 11 May 2013)
2. Not really
3. It will
4. Look at iphone and galaxy s4
5. MP matters for some reasons
15. FlushGordon (unregistered)
1. In a real world computing sense, More RAM is better
2. SONY sensors don't suck..Android just cant make the most out of its jpeg compression engine....give the same exact sensor to Nikon for sure they will make it better.
3. Megapixels matter if you expand your horizons outside of Facebook and Instagram....More megapixels means there is more latitude for cropping
56. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Think maybe the next version of Android will include better camera software?
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well looking at ur avatar, your a nokia wp8 user, what would you no about Android™