Wu: Apple iPad mini will take business from Windows 8 this holiday season
0. phoneArena 03 Nov 2012, 00:58 posted on
Sterne Agee analyst Shaw Wu says that the newly released Apple iPad mini will be taking business away from Windows 8 devices this holiday season; Wu sees Apple's competition to be Microsoft Surface tablets and Windows 8 PCs...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pongkie (Posts: 533; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
i thought ipad mini is against the kindle and nexus? MS doesn't even have a 7" range tablet.
9. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
the author of the article missed the point of ipad mini and surface devices.
Moreover ipad mini cant even dare to compete with the surface which is more like a fully functioning laptop in a tablet form....the true evolution of tablets!
15. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
yup but thr RT is priced better than the ipad.
and even the RT version doesn't exactly come in the ipad mini category///its more of a competitior for ipad 2 against which even the RT can hold its own
23. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I am So confused, why'd each company b so stupid in their own way?
14. SmartGadgetS (Posts: 20; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
I think that Surface tablets are great... But the pro version is almost as having a Laptop, wich can be found for about the same price with better specs... Tablets were suposed to be another category of devices (cheaper, but better for some tasks)... not just "touch laptops"... But still.... the best tablet for the price is the Nexus 7... or the Nexus 10..(iPad is overpriced...) If you want Windows functionality with good specs, just buy an Ultrabook...
17. Aeires (unregistered)
Alan didn't miss anything, the analyst did. Alan tells it like it is, and in this case, that's just reporting what this analyst thinks.
2. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Barf on Apple Ipad mini. Apple licks
3. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Anyone else facepalm when they read this? This applies to just about every and any product out there.
4. Johnnokia (Posts: 1060; Member since: 27 May 2012)
After the release of Microsoft Surface Pro, perhaps no one will care about I pad.
Imagine identical Windows 8 on tablet.
No thing can beat Surface Pro, unless Nokia has a surprise.
5. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
if apple can claim that the ipad mini is in a different league because of that .9" screen difference, then there are so many unique traits surface is carrying that makes the comparison can't be done.
Imo surface doesn't have anything to lose. It's a new device which only will grow.
7. Savage (unregistered)
Only people who are unaware of tech will buy iPad. And oh, before some iFan points out, let me also say- people who "PREFER" iPad for its simplicity, reliability, "it just works" factor and brand will buy it. In short - Yes. It will still sell a lot. Regretfully.
8. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
according to the first paragraph wu makes wrong prediction... so why bother post it here if he's always wrong?
11. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
With the current trend, I do think that Android tablets will outsell the iPad mini this holiday season. That is going to be interesting for those holiday sales.
21. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
They will always be more people who can afford Yugo's than those that can afford Toyota's.
Cheap products, with other things being equal, outsell expensive products.
13. sheoran.pk (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
who want that china made over pricey with rotten fruit logo , only for kids...apple hv two or three years for survive...surface is long live
16. blattlaus (Posts: 63; Member since: 12 Dec 2010)
By the same logic, iPad mini sales will be sales away from the iPad with retina display.
18. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
idiots... the ipad mini is a SEVEN INCH tablet. all windows 8 tablets are 10 INCHES
2 different markets
20. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Now you're just being ridiculous.
Haven't you heard? Tim Cook said that Apple would never make a 7-inch tablet. The iPad Mini is different. It's a 7.9 inch tablet. It's a magical and revolutionary diagonal measurement.
22. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
The mini is closer to an 8" tablet than a 7" inch tablet because the industry measures the screen size diagonally.
Notwithstanding the aforementioned comment, these tablets are competing products, thus one market per se.
19. winddroid (Posts: 13; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Wu always promotes Apple, usually is proven to be wrong but it doesn't take much to be an analyst. I predict Surface will take market share away from Apple.