Wozniak says the Apple iPhone is "somewhat behind" on smartphone features
0. phoneArena posted on 07 Feb 2013, 15:05
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak praised Apple iPhone fans for being loyal, but warned Apple that loyalty is not always a given and that the company still needs to turn out the best products; the Woz said that the iPhone has fallen behind on features as other manufacturers have caught up to Apple and he mentioned Samsung as an example...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 07 Feb 2013, 15:06 70
Somewhat? I love my iPhone but it is far more than somewhat behind.
25. Mxyzptlk posted on 07 Feb 2013, 15:57 4
I think he's being a little nutty. The iPhone is anything but behind. If working great outside the box is behind, then I don't want to see what ahead looks like.
29. gwuhua1984 posted on 07 Feb 2013, 16:03 46
FEATURES... it's too bad I can't bold the word for you
33. maccess posted on 07 Feb 2013, 16:07 16
125. Mittal posted on 07 Feb 2013, 23:51 2
That is obviously a more diplomatic way of saying it
I respect him for saying that in public
41. Droiddoes (unregistered) posted on 07 Feb 2013, 16:12 26
Yeah cuz I'm sure your dumb ass is so much more informed than Steve Wozniak, and your bad opinions hold much more clout.
75. joey_sfb posted on 07 Feb 2013, 17:40 26
Couldn't agree with him more, I used to love iOS and it was great at 2007 but its really a dumb phone in 2013 standard.
126. -box- posted on 07 Feb 2013, 23:55 16
It's always been a dumb phone, and it will be until they give it an OS not made for a feature phone. It relies on apps to do ANYTHING, like a feature phone. It has WiFi, which is rare among feature phones, but otherwise it is just like any feature phone.
141. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2013, 07:02 8
That comment nailed it. Apple's "there's an app for that" marketing proved they relied on developers to fill in the gaps they created by having such a simplified OS. Fortunately for them the developers brought it, but by today's standards they are falling behind.
151. Phullofphil posted on 14 Feb 2013, 22:14 0
Why did you get all those thumbs up for being a d**k. He was just saying that its cool that sombody came out and told it like it was instead of praising there own product and pretending that there are no other. Maybe he don't understand him that we'll but you should atliest see where he is coming from instead of being weird about it like Wozniak is some god. I mean he did a lot of great things in the past but the dude is kind of out of the game as of late except for being a super tech geek like I am. Does woz even contribute anything but his opinion any more. I think as far as making an impact in today's time the woz iz just living of of past accomplishments. I wish he would get more nvolved with a company more. (I hope I am not wrong about him being not involved but I am under the impression that he is semi retired state)
57. EclipseGSX posted on 07 Feb 2013, 16:44 5
What a stupid statement, if great is behind then ahead would be even better. Why would you not want to see what that looks like?
67. D_Tech-tive posted on 07 Feb 2013, 17:01 23
How's the weather in the state of Denial?
Your not looking a head cause your looking out the wrong end!
78. androiddownsouth posted on 07 Feb 2013, 17:57 16
Don't feed the troll that is Mxyzptlk. There is no talking to him about anything other than iOS.
96. corporateJP posted on 07 Feb 2013, 19:21 0
Kind of like you and Verizon, mate?
143. androiddownsouth posted on 08 Feb 2013, 08:41 0
Verizon does offer the best LTE and the best overall coverage. There are some things I don't agree with like forcing people to do away with their unlimited data, b/c those customers have generally been long time customers. Other than that, hey, you get what you pay for. Better service, better coverage overall. If another carrier suits you best, then more power to you, I'm not going to tell you you are wrong for that. Just don't tell me that some other carrier can offer service above and beyond Verizon, b/c it's just not true.
79. jacko1977 posted on 07 Feb 2013, 18:10 18
you know ios is a stolen product of android right why do you think it had no features when it came out cause apple rushed the stolen product out to make it look like apple was first
81. darkkjedii posted on 07 Feb 2013, 18:29 0
Man please sit down somewhere with that. When google bought android it wasn't even based on touch screen devices.
148. jacko1977 posted on 10 Feb 2013, 17:31 0
then google bought it they changed it so
87. networkdood posted on 07 Feb 2013, 18:55 26
The iPhone is behind the times fresh out of box, mxy....wake up
88. tedkord posted on 07 Feb 2013, 18:58 17
I think you're being little intentionally blind. The rest of the world sees it, you should open you eyes and check it out.
118. jroc74 posted on 07 Feb 2013, 21:56 13
Does the iPhone have NFC, yes or no? The Woz said....somewhat...behind.
I would say the Woz is spot on...
124. InspectorGadget80 posted on 07 Feb 2013, 23:30 13
its clear that u and galiotking are still TOO THICK HEADED & dumb too realize how much behind apple is in technology. all they do once a year too take a few inch off their design nothing new NO QUAD CORE no 5" or 4.8" screen same boring iOS. u only care for APPLE's success and their winning for lawsuits. you shouldn't even be on this site talking bout your beloved FRUIT when you're not making sense at all
131. gallitoking posted on 08 Feb 2013, 01:51 4
you are the thick headed that cannot understand that not everyone thinks likes you and for some people specs are not everything.. it if were.. there would not be any mid to low end devices.. right.. for you iOS might be boring but for me is not,... learn how to respect other people opinion not everyone will think like you..
134. BattleBrat posted on 08 Feb 2013, 02:27 0
For this instance, I'll give you a +1. I agree specs aren't everything....
135. gwuhua1984 posted on 08 Feb 2013, 02:31 2
Spec wise it's not a big deal considering iOS run just fine. However, you must admit what they say about features is true and Apple really is behind in terms of features.
146. InspectorGadget80 posted on 08 Feb 2013, 15:51 2
I do respect you're opinion. but u keep saying the same crap on every other article how how you keep saying ANDROID copies APPLE. you also keep saying their #1 AT SALES. u also says that SAMSUNG deserve too pay APPLE the law suit for 1 billion dollars in damages that's what I don't RESPECT bout opinions. keep saying stuff like that you will annoyed a lot of people. like COPYING
152. InspectorGadget80 posted on 26 Feb 2013, 12:26 0
oh wow GREAT COME BACK "NOT"
136. tmcblog posted on 08 Feb 2013, 03:10 4
my brother still gets app crashes and automatic reboot although It's the latest iOS.
140. PhenomFaz posted on 08 Feb 2013, 05:32 5
dude get your head out of your...butt-pucker!
Woz is nutty...yeah genius why dont Apple take advise from you?
Woz is one of the geniuses of today and he along with Jobs built the vision for Apple...dont forget that!
Woz has started sayin it and if Apple have any decency left in them then they'll heed his words and get their act together or end up as they were in 1997!
dudd you really need to stop trolling and get a life!
149. iami67 posted on 11 Feb 2013, 14:28 0
Wow i dont call many people stupid but damn boy. The cofounder himself is saying its behind and your so full of icrap you still say it isnt lol
59. atsamman posted on 07 Feb 2013, 16:55 11
I know the iphone is behind In features and stuff
But I dont know why I still prefer it over any other phone I mean the iphone works better as a phone and android I like it more on tablets thats In my opinion
80. lyndon420 posted on 07 Feb 2013, 18:18 9
You would lol.
82. darkkjedii posted on 07 Feb 2013, 18:30 3
Sure would I do not follow or try to b part of the in crowd.
94. dmakun posted on 07 Feb 2013, 19:15 12
I actually dig Apple's iPad but the iPhone holds nothing up to mid range android phones today IMHO.
97. corporateJP posted on 07 Feb 2013, 19:23 1
133. atsamman posted on 08 Feb 2013, 02:08 0
I think it all depends on how u use ur phone
I personally don't use my phone for such heavy tasks
I just want it to work when I need it to, take decent pics, surf the web sometimes, do some navigation and facebook basicly I want things to be as simple and easy as possible
and also the 3.5 inch size for me is a very imoprtant factor I dont like my phone to be so bulky and big that said I dont really like the iphone 5 that much I hope they release a smaller one
But on tablets I want to take full advantage of that big sweet screen I want the os to be more flexable and not just limited what apple thinks is necessary
127. -box- posted on 08 Feb 2013, 00:00 5
I dunno, to be a good /phone/ it has to have decent reception. Even the 5 drops calls more frequently than apple launches a new lawsuit or files for a BS patent, and doesn't get great signal reception in comparison to its competitors. Therefore, not a great phone. It's a toy, an ipod with a data plan.
112. rcrider4 posted on 07 Feb 2013, 20:20 1
Same here. I love my iPhone, but it's features are definitely falling behind. If a certain few apps I really love would come to Android (which I know for a fact that they aren't according to the developer), and if the Galaxy line wasn't so huge, I would be a Galaxy user in an instant. But with iCloud syncing my phone, iPad, and computer, having those apps that I like to use, and having a smaller phone size, I just can't switch over. Step up your game Apple. This isn't going to cut it for much longer.
2. maccess posted on 07 Feb 2013, 15:10 3
it's too late for a geeky man like him to realised it..
3. EclipseGSX posted on 07 Feb 2013, 15:11 52
There you have it fanboys. A true lover of all tech who says Apple is behind. Time to start taking some notes.
12. darkkjedii posted on 07 Feb 2013, 15:22 4
Actually it's time for apple to take notes, which they have. Why do I think they replaced the iOS designer? Apple sees the need for change, and they are in the process of doing it. Eclipse, man if u were at CES you'd know what I'm talking about. Apple doesn't have an official booth/presence there, but just trust me I say a big change is coming for iOS. I attend CES every year, and lets just say apple low key there, and change is coming bro.
26. belovedson posted on 07 Feb 2013, 15:59 1
How do they plan on doing that without Steve Job. This man was stubborn but brilliant and without him, it's just of matter of when it turns on its face.
If there's one thing Steve lacked is the vision to raise successors toexceed even him. I have a ffeeling Google has the visionaries that have the skill set to push the envelope and continue to produce relevant and new products.
Apple has grown to big and I doubt the pioneers in the company have room to ideas to work on paper. But who knows Steve was a pretty smart guy. He might still have products for the next ten years to keep consumers stimulated.... I doubt it.
I think there are some ways to make ios less stagnant. If your reading this apple. I suggest introduction of live widgets to keep the o's fresh.
32. darkkjedii posted on 07 Feb 2013, 16:05 1
Good post, but always remember necessity is the mother of invention.
28. EclipseGSX posted on 07 Feb 2013, 16:02 14
I hope you're right, I've been hearing that since the iPhone 4 and haven't seen much "Change"
34. affandi posted on 07 Feb 2013, 16:07 10
Yeah a big change is definitly coming for iOS.. once again Apple will "add" 200 new features, although you can't really see or use them.. but they are there, lurking in the background somewhere! You just have to take Apples word on that.
37. darkkjedii posted on 07 Feb 2013, 16:10 0
Dude lets just say...ios7 is being tested. We'll just leave it at that. There's some cool new features too
69. Stoli89 posted on 07 Feb 2013, 17:02 10
You sure that wasn't IOS 8?
72. MrJerry posted on 07 Feb 2013, 17:16 18
Can you give us an example about cool features?
I dont want "COOL FEATURES" from Apple
I want "BASIC FEATURES" like bluetooth file transfer or USB storage etc..
But as long as iTunes exists...
113. protozeloz posted on 07 Feb 2013, 21:01 11
Like what? Photosphere? Let me guess ipen? Oh wait no... Instant siri! That would be cool... Or an actually good maps application
91. Rayvelynn posted on 07 Feb 2013, 19:08 8
Now that was funny, LMBO
38. Twisted247 posted on 07 Feb 2013, 16:11 24
Isn't that what you guys tell yourselves every year... "Man ya next year is gonna be great, just wait... Just wait..." lmao
46. darkkjedii posted on 07 Feb 2013, 16:16 0
I needn't say anymore
83. Droiddoes (unregistered) posted on 07 Feb 2013, 18:45 14
Literally pretending he has "insider info". LMFAO, pathetic
99. darkkjedii posted on 07 Feb 2013, 19:30 0
Never once said I had insider info, and you're pathetic.
103. tedkord posted on 07 Feb 2013, 19:39 7
You didn't day it, but you sure as hell implied it.
110. darkkjedii posted on 07 Feb 2013, 20:15 0
92. Rayvelynn posted on 07 Feb 2013, 19:09 2
LOL, that comment just made my night.
53. paulyyd posted on 07 Feb 2013, 16:27 0
Lol hey bro nice eclipse man! i bet youre the fastest ricer out there! oh s**t watch out its a gsx too oh man thats like 700hp right?