Wozniak says if he were running Apple, he would partner with Google
0. phoneArena 03 Nov 2013, 13:44 posted on
Could you imagine a world in which Apple and Google were partners? Steve Wozniak can, and the Apple co-founder told the BBC in an interview that "I wish to God that Apple and Google were partners in the future;" the living legend is impressed with the way Google's search engine fuels Android speech recognition, especially when compared to Apple's Siri. "Sometimes I say 'Go to Joe's Diner' and [Siri] doesn't know where Joe's Diner is...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
29. BiN4RY (Posts: 83; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Apple is a lot better off if Wozniak was the CEO instead of Jobs
30. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
If Google and Apple were to be partners, what name would be suitable?
I am finding it hard :(
47. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If Jobs were running the place, it would be called Apple.
31. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Nexus-iPhone. 5-inch 1080p 2 Gigs Ram no bezels Android OS but crafted by Apple. Shut up and take my money!
32. Goldeneye (Posts: 418; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
Wait a minute Google-Apple are business partners, Google still the default search engine in IOS, and Google makes all of its services available for Apple's ecosystem as a matter of fact most Goggle apps are more polished and fuctional on IOS than Android itself!
36. Topcat488 (Posts: 1377; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
It's hilarious how "Mxyz" needs to give his opinion on the first post... As if WE need his approval of what Mr. Wozy says. Hehehe... What a comparison of two brains.
38. Ant34 (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
I'm not an Apple fan by any stretch of the imagination but this guy seems out to lunch.
51. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 230; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Wozniak, the ELECTRICAL ENGINEER graduate from the BEST Electrical Engineering school in the World, UC BERKELEY, was the REAL genius behind the invention of Apple...That OTHER guy was just a shyster, who is now trying to sell refurbished toasters to FRAUDSTER-REAGAN and other evil M.F.ers in HELL...
66. Arman (Posts: 47; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
I dont know that we can call this statement.. racist or not, I dont know.. but not all genius people studied in top 10 universities of USA.. ok? I know it's obvious but you need to hear that.
and by the way being a graduate isn't a common thing between big guys in tech.. you know? .. :)
and the last thing.. name me an electrical engineer that changed the Gadget ,software or computer industry in the last 10 years...
53. JunitoNH (Posts: 1486; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Well, thank God, he is not running Apple.
55. suneeboy (Posts: 201; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
Steve Wozniak needs to stop trolling. His opinions don't mean anything anymore.
56. tedkord (Posts: 9017; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
They mean more than yours.
If Woz were in charge of Apple the last 10 years, their products would be amazing now. The company wouldn't have as much money because they wouldn't be stifling competition with silly lawsuits.
58. robinlim85 (Posts: 86; Member since: 03 May 2013)
there are reasons Woz is not with apple anymore
Apple wouldn't last a week if he lead apple,google wouldn't even want woz to be part of them
only a geek would think woz should be running Apple, any business trained graduate would agree
74. suneeboy (Posts: 201; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
Exactly. He wasn't working with Steve Jobs during the last couple of years for a reason. He's not with apple now for a reason. So he's trolling the tech world with opinions that literally mean nothing. "Apple should partner with Google". Says things just to rile up the fanboys. I'm pissed that it riled me up a bit and I have a Nexus and an iPhone lol.
60. pongkie (Posts: 526; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
Apple and Google used to be kinda partners right? In the early models of the IPhone google was integrated to the iPhone like search, youtube, google maps.
67. poping (unregistered)
he's a good man...salute....
76. poping (unregistered)
ifans hate the WOZ? why?
80. TBomb (Posts: 602; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
the reason it wont happen is because apples proprietary approach to everything and googles opensource approach are complete opposites of one another. opposites dont always attract.
82. Azurus (Posts: 12; Member since: 22 Apr 2013)
yeah keep ignoring microsoft. give them a year and microsoft will rise above all, you have my word