Woz up? Apple co-founder picks the Nokia Lumia 900 over Android
0. phoneArena 28 Apr 2012, 04:10 posted on
Not that long ago, we told you that Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak had been checking out the Nokia Lumia 900 according to a tweet he had sent while waiting for an AT&T Store to open; not only did The Woz buy the phone, he loves it and calls the OS "intuitive and beautiful"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
122. Dr_fajardo (Posts: 32; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
i think he want to see android fall cuz its the number one competitor, not cuz he really like wp. (i said him not me)
2. HugeTroller (banned) (Posts: 80; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Get ready for droid nerds jumping up and bash Steve.
17. RobotMan (Posts: 144; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You should already have known that Android user is not just a follower like Apple user. We don't care if he like Android or not, or that Mr. Obama use BB and not Android. Only thing is importance is that we love how powerful and flexible the OS is. I can change to make it suite me and everything become fast and easy.
20. JSern (Posts: 282; Member since: 22 May 2011)
False. It's SOME Android users. Majority droid users are still hating on WP and iOS. Just look at some WP and iOS topics at PA. If it's not about Android, or a good news from iOS or WP, there's bound to be Fandroids bashing on the topic.
28. maxican16 (Posts: 364; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
There are bound to be haters.. just like you're hating on Android fans with this post. I'm with Robotman - I could care less what others like, I just go with what I like.
45. JSern (Posts: 282; Member since: 22 May 2011)
Please tell me where did I mentioned that I'm hating on Android fans? SG2 user here. Lumia's my next.
106. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Sounds like you think the majority of android users are regulars at phonearena. You should learn the difference between a vocal minority and a majority...or even a plurality.
126. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Maybe they are doing that not because they are Android fans, but maybe because they dont like Apple, iOS, Microsoft or WP ?!
88. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 337; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
A "follower" is still a follower. Some users tend to be more passionate than others, so it's a weightless stereotype to say that a group of users will all respond in the same manner. People are individuals and will respond according to how they see the product, on an individual basis. Anyone that says otherwise is trying to start an argument.
It's no big deal if Steve Wozniak buys a Windows Phone or even an Android. He's a consumer, too, and has the right to purchase whatever product he wants. This doesn't mean that any particular platform is "better" just because he or anyone else chooses to use it.
4. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
I bet that just because he is the Apple co-founder the iPhone is his favourite
5. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
so basically Woz is saying that MS out "appled" apple. Fluid and pretty UI paired with higher quality apps.
Well, if that isnt a snippet for a WP7 commercial, I dont know what is.
52. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
That's not what he said at all. His favorite phone is the iPhone, but just like I have said windows is a better OS than android.
68. RobotMan (Posts: 144; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You can say what you want, but the fact are, Android is number 1 OS, not ios, not BB and not Bada. Other OS no need to mention here as having too small market share. And that will never change event if you try to promote it. People just try it for 10 minute and having desperation. Too boring.
71. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
When you give it away for free it's easy to have more market share. Apple cares about quality and profit.
76. tedkord (Posts: 8993; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
There's that iRationalizing again. Apple can't come in second unless there's some unfair factor causing it. It can't be because Android is a compelling product that appeals to more people. That's impossible inside the RDF.
In fact, it's impossible that an Android phone review could say the phone had no lag, so you didn't read that. I said the phone was laggy. There, the universe makes sense again.
100. Johnny_Mnemonic (Posts: 240; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Apple quality. Jajajajajaja. For Apple is all just quantity
101. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yet, Apple has been selling free 3g and 3gs phones for years. It hasnt helped their shrinking market share. Try again taco.. oh wait.. your supposed to be banned.. why are you posting again?
go away taco.. go away.
92. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
actually apple has outsold android in the top 3 us carriers for the past Q1... they have sold 59% of smartphone sales
107. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
I'm pretty sure that's almost exactly what he said. Or at least that's the way the article makes it seem, perhaps you should reread the article or brush up on your comprehension.
6. frydaexiii (Posts: 1422; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
So this is it, People care more about visuals and transitions than actual usefulness. Oh well, if it came from Woz, I have nothing to say.
7. Veigald (Posts: 285; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Yeah, WP is just nice, smooth, intuitive but useless, and Android is outdated, laggy, unintuitive but really useful. The problem is that there absolutely zero, 0, apps for WP and 347653257799651087 apps for android.
9. Veigald (Posts: 285; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Simply paraphrasing what the first guy said :)
24. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
More like u are wow the os is half baked the ecosystem is much worse than apple lack ov support iv hardware ...
16. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Seriosly u sound like u never had a moblie 0 apps u are retard more like so get a life and stop commenting ur S..T
57. Veigald (Posts: 285; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Wow, I thought I took it so far out that everyone would understand the sarcasm, but there you go
18. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
call me when you use all of the ''347653257799651087'' apps and still use them everyday
10. Galen20K (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
regardless of anything you might feel about Apple itself, you can't deny that Woz is Awesome! - )
11. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Exactly. Woz will always be an incredible guy.
23. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I don't thin so.... In your thoughts and mind and in
Your dreams yes...
25. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
The guy looks like a skaggy junky hasn't
Had a shave or comb his hair for months
12. Mozarrt (Posts: 301; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
I agree entirely with him, I went to the Android camp with a monsterphone, but came back to Windows Phone, simply because its so much more inituive, faster and more beautiful.
I can live with the smaller ecosystem though.
14. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
Don't you mean he picked Windows over Android. One is an operating system the other is hardware.
15. A.aoudi (Posts: 125; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Bulls**t Its 100% clear that he does not believe in customization and besides the I phone is not his favorite device it is the windows phone. He just said i phone so his own company wont sue him.
116. gp284 (Posts: 120; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
its not his company. I don't think he is apart of it anymore. And he can say what he wants he is an american citizen and Apple is a American company. Freedom of the speech and pres bro.
19. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Why would Apple sue him? Lol....nobody can resist the charming of the Lumia 900.
31. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
what a joke haha for basic user
Like u it is orelse its cra???
21. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
From the perspective, Android handily leads in market
share, but the iPhone iPad are the hottest_ selling
Individual device. But- apart from sports, election,
and other competitions- we don't live in a world of
Universal champions. The best platform is whichever
suits you. The two big dogs android and ios each offers
It's own clear take on the mobile os experience.
The rivalry closely resembles that of Windows. Whether
Miscrosoft can rebound and make this a three-way
Race remains to be seen; It's a steep hill to climp, and
the company's hesitance to enter the US market with Nokia
doesn't bode well. But smartphones aren't going
anywhere anytime. Nokia windows I don't think so an epic fail.....
117. gp284 (Posts: 120; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
its funny that one of the most objective and non-fanboyish posts comes from someone named TROLL.
26. Tmachaveli (Posts: 425; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
He can use what ever phone he wants its a free country me as android user really don't care its not gonna effect me at all.
29. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
What Wozniak mean is that
Windows Phone is a true competitor for the iPhone, in terms of quality, design and experience.
33. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Android sells hardware, Windows sells the experience. That's why the iPhone is so successful.
34. KOUROS (banned) (Posts: 36; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
Wow lots of reds... its all fandroids bashing trashing apple and windows!!!!!
89. -box- (Posts: 3990; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I think it's the Apple fans... Android folk tend to be more reserved with the thumbs down in my experience
36. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Yeah, I noticed that too. The guy with the nickname ''TROLL'' seems to be kinda mad.