Woz gets a Galaxy Nexus straight from Google
0. phoneArena posted on 18 Nov 2011, 20:41
Steve Wozniak has found the loophole in the system in order to get a Galaxy Nexus before it has even been given a proper release date in the USA: be an engineering genius who was in on the ground floor of the PC revolution...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. imkyle posted on 18 Nov 2011, 21:06 6
Just out of curiosity how many of you have a galaxy s ii and will/won't upgrade to this device?
I have the unlocked version and sadly admitting thinking of upgrading.
6. ntsiotinos posted on 18 Nov 2011, 21:52 3
Yep me too - I've just pre-ordered the Galaxy Nexus unlocked. I had to get another phone as my old HD2 finally died just a little too early for the Nexus, so as my contract was over i got a Galaxy S2 for free on a 2 year contract - guess I'll have a spare phone..... At least I'll get the "pure" Google experience....
18. htcisthebest posted on 18 Nov 2011, 23:48 3
If you want to get rid of your S2, I can buy it from you :P
27. InspectorGadget80 posted on 19 Nov 2011, 08:12 0
tsiotinous is your SII gsm or cdma version?
7. remixfa posted on 18 Nov 2011, 22:32 5
easy answer is few that have an SGS2 will not get the nexus. its not about pride or phone.. its about most people dont have an extra 500 bux to throw away on what is essentially a down/side grade to get the latest version of android. nothing against the nexus, its a sexy beast, but few can afford to buy more than 1 phone every year or 2.
11. xiobnb posted on 18 Nov 2011, 23:15 2
well ....i think a lot of ppl sell their current phones and get the new phones... so they ending up only have to pay $200-$300 for the new phone
17. shan0011 posted on 18 Nov 2011, 23:40 1
if u sell SGS2 and buy this one what will happen if sgs3 comes u will also sell galaxy nexus to get tht one.....
23. remixfa posted on 19 Nov 2011, 03:59 1
id say its very UNcommon for people to buy another device while they are still in contract for the first. It happens yes, but maybe 1 out of 100 if that.
29. robinrisk posted on 19 Nov 2011, 10:13 0
It might be, but remember that when people buy products while they are still under contract, they usually dont buy them at a store, but on craigslist or through a friend.
Since you work at a store, your experience might not encompass the entirety of customers experiences.
35. remixfa posted on 19 Nov 2011, 13:47 1
lol.. youd be surprised. very few know about craigslist. i tell people to buy there all the time when they break their phone and dont have insurance or an upgrade.
most people.. know jack about phones and where to get them..
13. Leodrade posted on 18 Nov 2011, 23:27 2
I'm considering getting one but that 4 years old GPU present on the Galaxy Nexus and the imminence of quad-core phones coming is holding me back
25. GeekMovement posted on 19 Nov 2011, 04:45 0
I have the Samsung Galaxy S ii for Sprint and can say that I will be happy with it until Galaxy S iii comes out.
30. taz89 posted on 19 Nov 2011, 11:09 0
Have the s2 and was ready to update but then after comparison realised that removable memory is important to me and also once ICS is on the s2 I think it will be a better phone.
5. Synack posted on 18 Nov 2011, 21:51 19
WOZ!!!! Finally realized what a real phone is supposed to be.
21. SuperEd posted on 19 Nov 2011, 03:03 1
Too bad he doesn't realize there are superior products out there.
38. sgogeta4 posted on 19 Nov 2011, 18:55 4
Pretty sure he's less ignorant than you are.
3. tomast posted on 18 Nov 2011, 21:07 15
Who can blame him the Galaxy nexus is a pretty good phone
4. jimmylavino posted on 18 Nov 2011, 21:13 9
So Woz (arguably the most "connected" man in the tech world), stumbles into a Best Buy looking for a phone that hasn't been given an official release date? Was this a joke or did he put too much faith in Siri? C'mon Woz! At least you are turning away from the dark side...
8. remixfa posted on 18 Nov 2011, 22:33 17
apple's co founder went out of his way to get a nexus.. that's very telling.
9. robinrisk posted on 18 Nov 2011, 23:11 12
Yeah! Apple´s co founder luuuuuvz its ice cream!
Hahah, i just want to see what Taco has to say tomorrow :P
15. sethyvball posted on 18 Nov 2011, 23:33 9
Probably something in the lines of..
\"It wasn\'t even Steve Wozniak...it was someone who looked like him...you fandroids always think you know everything... wheres your source? Iphone is the best... its the most sold phone in the world.. android steals from Apple... blah blah blah!!\"
What else do you expect from Taco50 seriously?
24. remixfa posted on 19 Nov 2011, 04:00 8
you know.. for a second there.. i thought u were actually taco. good job.
31. taco50 (banned) posted on 19 Nov 2011, 11:17 2
You guys never quit. He's a tech lover. He also waits in line at Apple stores for product launches.
Only in your twisted heads does this prove android is better.
36. remixfa posted on 19 Nov 2011, 13:49 5
no, woz doesnt prove android is better.. android proves android is better. Its just funny to see the cofounder of apple getting the red carpet treatment at google and happily taking pictures with the "competitor's" device.
Yea, how much is he worth? he probably has every phone on the market, but how many times does he stop and make it a big deal??
37. taco50 (banned) posted on 19 Nov 2011, 18:17 0
Have you considered he might not be an idiot fanboy like you?
39. sethyvball posted on 19 Nov 2011, 20:09 2
If he's a tech lover and he should be open to everything, then what would you call Steve Jobs, a tech hater? considering he would go to the extent of "thermonuclear war" to get rid of Android.
And why would he have to wait in line like everybody else to get apple product? Shouldn't he be allowed to just "get one" considering he is the co founder of apple? Is that how apple treats its' staff?
33. MichaelHeller posted on 19 Nov 2011, 11:51 2
Not really. Woz has said many times that he is platform agnostic. He just loves tech. He also didn't really go out of his way. The tweet makes it sound like he was at Best Buy for something else and just decided to check on the Galaxy Nexus.
10. Stuntman posted on 18 Nov 2011, 23:11 9
I'm sure he appreciates high end devices no matter who makes them. It's also great advertising for Google, Android and the Galaxy Nexus. Everybody's happy.
12. ardent1 posted on 18 Nov 2011, 23:19 9
I like Woz -- he is an easy going guy and honest besides being a savant. I think the pictures is a way for geeks to share comradery despite the different technologies.
14. BattleBrat posted on 18 Nov 2011, 23:30 8
Let me get this straight; The Woz wants a Nexus, he tweets about it Google (almost literally) rolls out the red carpet and forks one over BEFORE THEY EVEN ANNOUNCE A RELEASE DATE, But when the Woz looked at the 3G version of the iPad2 (1?) Apple went all Gestapo nuts and canned the guy who showed it to him and if memory serves it was going to be released in a few hours anyway. And the Woz was a co founder of Apple!
WHATS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!?!
AND FYI I'm an apple fan AND an Android fan.
16. networkdood posted on 18 Nov 2011, 23:39 1
Maybe WOZ is going to give it to COOK as a present....
19. Sniggly posted on 19 Nov 2011, 01:04 3
That\'s awesome. Woz is a great guy, small wonder that the Google guys were willing to help him out.
And yeah, I wish we had the Nexus. But hell, we don\'t even have a display for the Razr yet. I\'ve been taking to keeping the dummy phone in my shirt pocket so I don\'t have to run back to the cabinet if someone wants to see it.
20. Irad123 posted on 19 Nov 2011, 01:46 6
if woz is thinking that android is better, I guess android is better than iPhone.
22. SuperEd posted on 19 Nov 2011, 03:04 1
can't believe he actually tweeted about it. Pretty lame if you ask me.
26. XiphiasGladius posted on 19 Nov 2011, 05:41 4
Nice. . . so apple's co-founder is actually open minded, makes sense since he's a tech lover. . .
28. kingkoopa765 posted on 19 Nov 2011, 09:19 1
Woz was always the down to earth one, as I am reading the steve jobs biography and being and android user since G1. very interesting
34. matrix_neo posted on 19 Nov 2011, 12:13 2
that's good for him. Maybe he felt that iphone phones are too boring to use now. Or maybe next time he will buy also phones from Samsung Motorola HTC or even from Huawei. LOL
40. u-suck-more posted on 20 Nov 2011, 02:20 0
at least he is open minded (: unlike Steve Jobs who is willing to kill all e competitors just so Apple can triumph...
41. CléonLeGrand posted on 20 Nov 2011, 03:42 0
If Jobs was alive, maybe he'll get the Nexus ?