Would you move from Android or iOS to Windows Phone 8?
Feel free to cast your votes in the following poll to let the world know how (un)loyal you are to your current platform!
- Would you move from Android or iOS to Windows Phone 8?
1021 votes (1021 votes) Absolutely, I can't stop staring at those Live Tiles!
699 votes (699 votes) Nope. I've got everything I need right here in my pocket.
737 votes (737 votes) Not sure. I need to see the new iPhone and Androids first...
410 votes (410 votes) I would rather have Angelina Jolie!
1. thedarkside (Posts: 651; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
but seriously, id rather have angelina jolie.
57. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
no need to mention, that's a default answer anyways. ..
59. givesomeshot (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
This is too funny..I even register to reply to you!
Seriously, I choose Angelina Jolie, and then pick up a WP.
2. thunderising (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
Wow. Soo few picked... Jolie
If only it was some one else (Hathaway for instance)
22. tedkord (Posts: 3953; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Angelina has Billy Bob Thornton germs. There are certain men who taint a woman forever. Dennis Rodman. Any Baldwin. And Billy Bob Thornton.
Christ only knows what diseases she's got.
58. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
For Humors sake, you know that one right?
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5664; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Why bother put Angelina Jolie name in their? SHES NOT HOT like she used to be
45. JongLong206 (Posts: 8; Member since: 26 Dec 2011)
maybe she's still hot for our author here lol
26. andro. (Posts: 1927; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Customers day in day out hated the original live tiles it was one of the principle reasons for the very poor sales,they have enhanced them a bit but like you the vast majority will instantly pass windows on again for android
8. Mozarrt (Posts: 290; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Might go to Android or iOS if they really give me this 7.8 crap.
9. mrvid (Posts: 73; Member since: 02 Oct 2008)
angelina jolie?? Come on now! There's a bunch of women that are 100 times better than her!! Granted she could suck start a Harley!
10. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I really like WP, but I'd rather have Windows for desktop and Android for mobile right now. WP is my next choice though.
11. lumialove (Posts: 75; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Dual cores,windows phone can support upto 64 cores
27. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 258; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Perhaps, but it would need 64 batteries to power it.
13. alazabe (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
what about recording in 1080p ??
and what is the new langs add ??
15. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
ANGELINA JOLIE FTW!
really though... if all the androids seem really lame I will probably get a wp8 device but if I see a really good android device then f*** wp8
17. axllebeer (Posts: 260; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
Guess I'm the only one that is keeping my eye on BB10...
42. hepresearch (unregistered)
Good for you! Stick by your guns! +1
47. Damien_666 (Posts: 37; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
Good luck, mate! I hope BB also turns out something exciting.
We all need some competition.
18. Dameon (Posts: 31; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
i plan on moving to wp8 when it releases. i want to try it something different. if it doesnt suit me or i dont like i still have an android device to fall back to, but from the looks of things i dont think that will happen
19. wsucoug13 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)
If the Windows phones can get their specs up to par with the likes of the Android and iPhone I would certainly consider it. I use a PC and that windows to windows compatibility would be awesome.
24. theBankRobber (Posts: 642; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
I agree about the specs part, they will see that lag and slow downs happen when your limited to hardware while doing real multitasking.
20. homeedition88 (Posts: 10; Member since: 16 Jun 2012)
I will never use anything about m.s . I bought a new nokia lumia phone and now i stuck with old windows 7.5...
They done it already xbox - xbox 360. This is not a good example of "customer relation"
21. Dr.Phil (Posts: 821; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I like what Windows Phone has done to improve their OS and if they come out with a WP8 version of the Note (as rumored) then I will probably buy it unlocked just to have as a secondary device. I really kinda wanted Microsoft to come out with an Xbox phone. I just think it would have set them apart from the crowd, especially if it had some monster specs to make it special than the other WP8 devices. Plus, I still think Microsoft needs something to compete with the DS and Vita. Not to mention it would have made use of that patent they got for the interchangeable keyboard/joystick thing. Well, maybe within the next year they'll do it.
23. protozeloz (Posts: 5328; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Honestly I'll keep an eye on them, but I'm rather happy with android and I look forward the I/O event that will probably make android faster and better and who knows, maybe we see more awesome things going on, anyways I/O is so close I can smell it. and Google could improve their game even more with even deeper integration with their services
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5488; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, i wish there was a choice there for us but since i just had to choose, i chose yes, i would go for Windows Phone 8. o:
28. omacmagics (Posts: 42; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
The thing is, Android development is not staying stagnant and I for one can't wait to see what Jellybean is bringing to the fore front. It's good to see MS stepping up but they won't make me jump ship. I love my Android, yeah some quirks need ironing out and it will be the perfect versatile phone OS. On the tablet scale I could see myself owning a Surface if not too expensive.
48. Damien_666 (Posts: 37; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
That's an unbiased opinion, I must admit.
Have you thought about the single unified platform that's going to be Windows now?
Win8, WP8, Win8 RT, XBox...
Android's getting better ofcourse, but not sure if it can offer this seamless experience.
32. snowgator (Posts: 3160; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
WP is a couple of years away from truly competing with Android or iOS. But, the cross platform integration done right will absolutely get some sales to WP. I was really hoping to see WP at about 10% worldwide sales by the end of 2012, but it seems unlikely that they will have that kind of success with iPhone on deck and Android ICS having such a head start. But, I have no doubt they will hit that in 2013. Where they go from there does depend on RIM and BB10, and if they can get Android and iPhone casual users to give it a try....
34. JGuinan007 (Posts: 607; Member since: 19 May 2011)
I would never go back to windows phone til they get their act together I had a Tilt 2 from AT&T had 6.1os on it for 2 months the was upgraded to 6.5os 6 months later windows 7 came out and no more support or development for Winmobile now looks like windows phone is doing the same thing no windowsphone 8 for windowsphone 7 owners at least they can still use the Market.
38. good2great (Posts: 1036; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
it seems more like an android rival than an iOS one...
39. Phaze0085 (Posts: 97; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Ive used WP7 and I loved it, but switched to the G-Note due to Screen Size. If someone comes out with a new WP8 device with 5" screen or bigger you can count in me.
40. hepresearch (unregistered)
iOS to Windows Phone... traditional homescreen with icons vs. interoperability and compatibility across most common Microsoft platforms... I'll take WP any day. Android to Windows Phone... file manager and browser capabilities vs. smoother operation... I am not sure yet. Both have pros and cons, but they seem rather balanced right now. When I need a new PC replacement, it'll have to be Windows 8 or RT, but I am really not sure about a new smartphone yet. If I have Windows RT, it will probably be pointless to get an Android device because I probably cannot have a file manager on an RT tablet PC, anyway... annoying, but that is the only answer that makes much sense here in this post-modern post-traditional-PC post-classical-smartphone context. Either way, I will not stoop to emptying a bank account to get a Mac just to keep a traditional desktop with icons, to have a file manager, and deal with incompatibilities with just about the whole rest of the world. Anything Apple is totally out for me...
50. Damien_666 (Posts: 37; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
Way to go!
I'd rather see a healthy competition between Android and WP (and others like BB), at the cost of iOS.
Apple has created a huge market for smartphones, no doubt.
But I just can't their arrogant attitude and prices - so hoping they'd fade into irrelevance soon
43. Saamic (Posts: 99; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
Not to be a hater, but I just feel like the W8P will be on par with some Android devices and the iphone. It doesn't look like anything extravagant or amazing to me
46. jroc74 (Posts: 4076; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I didnt answer cuz I'm content right now.
BUT...if I ever did get tired of Android....I would go WP before iPhone. I still get choices with WP.
49. BattleBrat (Posts: 890; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
If they make a "Desktop mode" that morphs the phone interface into Windows 8 (Sorta like Motorola's Webtop) when plugged into a TV and connected to Keyboard/mouse. I will switch in a heartbeat.
53. jroc74 (Posts: 4076; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
That would be nice. I think Webtop now goes into Tablet mode. Some ppl like it, some dont.
WP 8, Windows 8 is looking good. MS, I almost gave up on ya...lol. Looking good.
51. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Windows 8 is arriving thats a great news but whr is the phone running with windows 8 lol:-D