Would you move from Android or iOS to Windows Phone 8: Poll results
0. phoneArena 25 Jun 2012, 09:46 posted on
We asked, and you answered. The votes are in, so let's analyze them! Hop in to see what the majority of you thinks about switching to Windows Phone 8...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
and still id rather have angelina jolie.
2. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4681; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I too would rather have Angelina Jolie. I would rather Scarlett Johansson or Charlize Theron though.
44. ScottSchneider (Posts: 324; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Hey.. How about Jessica Alba or Megan Fox...
I would prefer Foxy... ^_^
3. jaafar2k (Posts: 17; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
Mostly it's IOS not android
Ho will shift there's loyalty
33. SleepingOz (unregistered)
35. SleepingOz (unregistered)
*Biased poll! Most of those who voted yes were WP7 users and Nokia fanboys.
37. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Agree, no one can filter thise votes.
39. items17070 (Posts: 70; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
and your comparrison to 'Angelina Jolie!' was just plain STUPID and pointless!
41. SleepingOz (unregistered)
true but they just wanted to be "funny"..
42. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
All criticism you should express to Ray S. he is author of this article. :)
45. DFranch (Posts: 152; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
So your theory is that the 4% of the population who have a WP7 device outnumbered the other 90% who have iOS or Android.
4. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
I have a Windows Phone currently and was debating on switching to the new iPhone depending on how good it was. Until I saw Windows Phone 8. Now the iPhone will have to be absolutely unbelievably good for me to switch from the Windows Phone ecosystem.
6. shelley.bevacqua (Posts: 80; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
I would make to the switch to Windows Phone 8 from Android. I currently own the Galaxy Nexus and love it. BUT I want to take a spin on the new and improved Windows OS. Can't wait. Just hope IE 10 is just as fluid and efficient as Chrome Beta.
7. fleanote (Posts: 50; Member since: 14 Jan 2011)
I'll consider it. Now that they've optimized the home screen tiles (hey they do listen to feedback!), it's definitely on my list.
8. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
As much as I'm starting to like Microsoft's new direction with their devices, I just don't want to give up the Google ecosystem. Adding Google stuff to a Windows phone just doesn't appeal to me.
9. snowgator (Posts: 3385; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Will still wait until all the new features, not just the ones announced for developers, are in play. Yep, most likely in on WP8, but I am fighting to keep an open mind.
Also want more hardware options for Windows Phones. I miss a real keyboard.....
27. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Get a DROID 4, it has the best keyboard on the market
10. TrainFromUkraine (Posts: 63; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
"Microsoft stole the show last week..."
How is it possible to steal your own show?
11. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
There were other shows and events that week. He's saying Microsoft's Summit stole the attention from other news and events.
12. imran_khan0786 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
I will go for window phone 8 with Nokia only.
13. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
One could also ask, would you move from WP8 to ios or android? And the answer is NO. MSs ecosystem will be integrated into one: xbox, w8, and wp8. Just too awesome to pass.
14. darkurious (Posts: 10; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I wonder how many women chose option #4? LOL. I have a WP. I'm happy. I'm okay with WP7.8
15. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
I would not switch to WP8.their UI is so plain , Simple & Dumb...I want something which can bring endless surprises & Google can do that ..
46. DFranch (Posts: 152; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Endless Surprises ... I didn't know Willy Wonka made phones. What's so magical about the grid of icons that android copied from Apple?
16. ImHungry (Posts: 17; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
i think windows phone 8 will be great. i will just have to see the new iPhone first. then i'll choose
17. Slammer (Posts: 1417; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
I'm not sure I'm ready for a switch to W8. After switching from an Apple computer to Windows years ago, I've become quite fond of an open platform. I have equally enjoyed how open Android is for my phone. I like doing what I want with my phone, whenever I want.
Microsoft has poised themselves to be more closed. This may work for Apple, but I have reservations on this direction for MS. So currently, I will stay with Android until I see final results.
18. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 433; Member since: 07 May 2012)
wished microsoft will enable bluetooth file transfer,thats a deal breaker for me. can never buy a phone and unable to send mp3,picture, video or document files over bluetooth. love the look of wp7 & wp8 tho.
19. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
I'd honestly have to wait till it comes out, and play with a display model before I decide
20. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 952; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
Not until after I get the SGIII, or EVO 4GLTE, then I may take a look see, rofl
21. bohdan4ik13 (Posts: 99; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I think, that more than a half of votes are from Android users :)
22. shotine (Posts: 23; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
Not a fan of the windows phones i till stick with android ty
24. ryq24 (Posts: 600; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
i think android users would be easier to convert than ios users. most people who bought android phone did it because it was cheaper and not because they are loyal to android.
25. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1703; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Really? Do you have any facts to support this? Yea, didn't think so...
26. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
troll alert, troll alert. danger will robinson, danger!
29. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"..not because they are loyal to android."
I'm not brainwashed so, why I should be loyal for an OS, company or technology? I can jump from one OS to another if I want and it is only my decision, I'm not in cult or something like that...
36. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Oh yeah, I bought my GSII for $700 because it was a cheap phone and certainly not because Android is the most advanced OS out there..
28. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
id switch once there are a few more adjustments to the OS. One I'd like is the ability to color each tile individually or have it auto do color patterns of some sort. disco inferno baby! lol.
32. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
haha... this is my terms for switching too!
30. qwertypoor (Posts: 72; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
"i think android users would be easier to convert than ios users. most people who bought android phone did it because it was cheaper and not because they are loyal to android" yup!
31. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Being that I used to have a Windows OS phone, I would be open to changing back to Windows. Prior to my one cent DROID RAZR purchase, my two previous phones - one android and one windows were 200.00 each for me. So, price has nothing to do with the change for me.
34. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i was once a windows mobile 6.x user (tmobile) "first love"
jumped ship due to the lack of support in the marketplace
to jalibroken iphone 1st gen (tmobile)
sold phone after 2 months of use after i bricked the poor phone lol
switched to android (sprint) seemed like a better platform for window mobile 6.x fans
android has an AWESOME OS growing rapidly and introducing us to new technology everyday. thats what i like the most about it. i got tired of the ROM switching and endless personalizations afterwhile tho...
recently (feb) switched to apple iphone and ipad (sprint)
great OS!!! features are small in number and outdated but very polished and work perfectly.. app store has great support and apple's business portfolio is endless with other companies who support the design and mechanics of the iphone...
but a true OS lover always comes back to that first one true love... WINDOWS 8 i'll be back baby!
i'm DEFINITELY switching back to windows once they release the microsoft manufactured surface and phone... sorry HTC Samsung Sony Nokia Motorola etc... i recognize brand and loyalty to software/hardware as one. apple & microsoft will continue doing a magnificent job releasing top notch products and fighting for that #1 spot...
40. BattleBrat (Posts: 1270; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I was thinking of trying a windows phone out until my RAZR got updated with ICS (Simply too awesome), and I plan on buying an iPhone 5 anyway, leaves no room for WP.
43. a_tumiwa (Posts: 372; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
where is "move to Symbian, BlackBerry, Bada "option?