Worst smartphones of 2014 thus far
0. phoneArena 13 Jul 2014, 10:27 posted on
We made a list of the worst 2014 smartphones that should help you decide what not to buy this year (or ever)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
so there is a tie between samsung and sony for releasing more worst phones... I think samsung will win by the end of 2014 bcoz samsung release a phone every couple of weeks
16. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
And Samsung seems to be releasing more and more 512mb RAM phones.
25. UglyFrank (Posts: 1553; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Is it fair that they just make a article that can only be viewed as an attempt to bash a company?
51. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
they never bashed a company, only a product.
17. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Why should Nokia X be first on the list?, tell us cause I don't think it should be first, the other phones are there for a reason.
21. yahia_malka (Posts: 186; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
Nokia X is an entry level phone , not a gs5 !!!! What's wrong with PhoneArena guys
57. ph00ny (Posts: 1135; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Um pretty much ever model on that list was an entry level
37. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Oh I see, you're a nokia fanboy not "MS/WP fan"....
42. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
You fail realize that I am a fan of technology in general, you one minute thinking that I am a WP/MS and then next thinking I am a Nokia fan shows that.
52. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
well in the mobile space WP and Nokia are practically synonymous so that's more than understandable
9. Manti123 (banned) (Posts: 207; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
If even was released in 2014, Phone arena will never talk badly about Apple
13. Scott93274 (Posts: 3719; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Not true... they talked about the rumored underwhelming battery life of the next iPhones.
49. moroninc (Posts: 193; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
because it works... it may not have all the bells and whistles but Android is where it is because of the iPhone.. its still a solid device with a large ecosystem why would phonearena have to talk badly about it.. there is no S5 or any other flagship on this list these are mid range phones.. the iPhone was released last year.
60. tedkord (Posts: 9944; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
While that's true, it's also true that iOS wouldn't be what it is in 2014 without Android.
11. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Still better than Nokia X BTW. Also iPhone 5C is better than any phone in this list.
20. tech2 (Posts: 3333; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Yup. 5C is over-priced but far from being the worst phone.
41. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 724; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
"Worst phone at it's price" is the subject, of course... It's pretty ridiculous that you should be ignored for a list like this just because you don't release budget phones... Actually, it just shows that flagship phones generally get better reviews, without taking their price into account.
Perhaps a different poll about best smartphone company, with a huge negative score for NOT releasing a budget smartphone for those with limited means...?
10. Scott93274 (Posts: 3719; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
I don't think the iPhone 5C was bad, just lacking in features, grossly overpriced and ugly as sin. But yeah, it was released last year so it doesn't belong on this list.
4. tech2 (Posts: 3333; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Samsung's and HTC's mid-low range devices is really dismal. People are waking up to the fact a smartphone with decent features really shouldn't cost so much thanks to the several chinese brands and Motorola.
Both of them should really stop milking customers with their Galaxy and Desire branding.
5. Derekjeter (Posts: 805; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Where is the Nokia 928, 929, HTC 8X and all the other windows phones. Lol. Im kidding WP fans.
7. Scott93274 (Posts: 3719; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
So Apple gets away with not being on the list by releasing their phone later in the year? lol, j/k I'm just trolling, just keep scrolling...
12. Derekjeter (Posts: 805; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Other than the GS2 and my GS5 all of the other Samsung phones are FUGLY!!
14. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Ahem OG Note, Note 3? Also S4 was not as ugly, the slim bezels, and the faux chrome gave it some character.
18. Derekjeter (Posts: 805; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
All of the Notes are ugly and people look stupid holding on to something that covers 3/4 of their face. The GS5 could have had a bigger screen if they just do what LG is doing with the bezels. Theres no need for Phablets. People just made it ok for manufactures to not improve on the current flagships. Now they have Apple joining the phablet game and theres no need for it. All they had to do on the 4.7 verison was shrink the top bezel and the sides and it could have been bigger than 5.0. Theu should have kept to one phone every year and make the best looking phone.
29. tedkord (Posts: 9944; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Well, that's it folks. Derekjeter has spoken. There is no need for phablets. All you people who have bought one are fools. All you people who are planning to buy one are idiots. Apple is stupid for following the trend.
Thank goodness we have geniuses like Derekjeter to tell us when we buy things we shouldn't.
34. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
LOL. Time to leave the planet. :D
39. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3704; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
+1000. This guy is an ass clown to the highest degree.
Jeter, if you don't like "phablets", don't buy them. Plain & simple. However, don't ever presume to tell me or anyone else what we should or should not be buying with our own hard-earned money.
35. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Lol that comment made no sense at all. Also Notes are not just about large screens, It will take another 3 years for apple to match half of Note 3's functionality. Also ultra thin bezels don't help ergonomics at all. Also Sorry about your girly hands :)
28. yahia_malka (Posts: 186; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
You're right , gs3 , gs4 lag so much , gs2 doesn't , I don't know about gs5 but I think its the same as gs2 :)
30. tedkord (Posts: 9944; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I have the GS3. No more lag than any device from that time, including the iPhone 4s.
15. alexvv (Posts: 161; Member since: 16 Oct 2013)
perfect list :p we should see more samsungs, like the million cores, and thousands of aces
19. LeBrownJames (Posts: 201; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
If you look at Samsung's family tree, you could see that the phones at the top (S5, Note3, etc.) are one of the best. But try to look at the bottom and you'll see Samsung's mid and low end phones are one worst phones.
23. b1acktiger (Posts: 223; Member since: 19 May 2012)
if worst and good phones are decided according to the list, then iPhone 5C should be on the list. Maybe it deserve 1st place here for its place.
67. iampayne (Posts: 322; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Why is there so much hate on the 5C. Its just an iP5 which was a good phone in a 3GS casing basically. Samsung and Nokia release nothing but plastic phones and I see the same people bashing the 5C not bashing those phones.
24. anasnazeer (Posts: 16; Member since: 11 Jul 2014)
I'd be very happy to use anyone one of these mentioned phones as my side kick phone.
26. yahia_malka (Posts: 186; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
PhoneArena. Guys , you like Samsung so u just put the ace style , where is core 2 ? , star 2 ,ace 3 ??? And there is more I'm sure , cuz I don't care about Samsung I don't know their handsets!
32. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
First, read the title, they said worst phones from 2014.
Second, You said you don't care about Samsung, yet you pointed about them here.
Third, you said you don't know about Samsung's handsets, yet you called out 4 galaxies in your comment.
EPIC FAIL comment bro. :)
33. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
TrollPlus? I guess this article is not "Top 10 Fake Phones of 2014".
36. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
LMAO. What about other 9 phones?
40. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
On top of the world maybe, and atleast above Z2 :)
45. jellmoo (Posts: 1464; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
It's significantly shorter, slightly narrower and a fair bit lighter. I'm not saying it is in fact better than the Z2 overall, but it definitely has some advantages.
47. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Same way, what makes you think S5 is among the worst phones?
66. xperian (Posts: 279; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
It may not be a very bad phone, but it's extremely overrated, and other flagships are better.
68. bur60 (Posts: 821; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
Sorry but PhoneArena and GsmArena gave Z2 a higher rating. S5 went for gimmicks instead of true innovation. If you look at the sales in the other hand, Samsung has an excellent department in sales and psychology. They know how simple and dull the average smartphone shopper is
43. sanyamjain75 (Posts: 14; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
I dont agree with E1 its a good phone atleast build quality music are strengths of this phone..
50. express77 (unregistered)
On the list of best smartphones of 2014 thus far.
56. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Galcrap this and that... They all look the same to me.
Same crap over and over.
61. tedkord (Posts: 9944; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
According to CNET, Laptopmag, TechRadar and Tom's Guide (those were all on the first page of the search "best smartphone"), it's perched on top of the iPhone 5s. According to most other sites its firmly in the top 5.
48. avyfa (Posts: 16; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Lol, you have never tried cheap chinese phablets, that usually have 6" full hd screen with dual core processor and 2000 mAh battery.