World's largest carrier China Mobile starts selling Apple’s iPhone today, but subsidies are not very high
0. phoneArena 17 Jan 2014, 03:45 posted on
China Mobile, the world’s largest carrier with a subscriber base of over 760 million, has started officially selling the iPhone today…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Finalflash (Posts: 2171; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Well, those subsidies are sub par so that won't help the iPhone much. No one wants to pay outright for it and anyone who does probably already bought one through other means.
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 15694; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Congrats china mobile, you know have the best...enjoy it. I love my 5s
3. ajac09 (Posts: 1438; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
The best in your opinion. Which isnt the best for majority of the world sales wise.
7. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1677; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
The best-selling phone in the world "isn't the best for majority of the world sales wise" is the exact argument you shouldn't be making. Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone aren't phones, they are brands. The iPhone 5S is a phone, and it's currently trouncing the competition.
13. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Until Samsung releases the S5 and the cycle repeats itself and Samsung outsells Apple AGAIN.
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 15694; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
How many of those sales did you contribute to? Shhhhh, let these to giants continue to get rich off of our backs, and just be the consumer that you are JT. +1
8. Jklaz (Posts: 139; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
"Know" have the best? Typo on that small screen keyboard;)?
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 15694; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
It's ok, I get typos on my note 3 also, and my iPad mini with retina. I'm not the best typist, so your attempt to dis the best phone on the market was crap. IJS.
21. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i bet Jklaz feels stupid haha...
feels great to be an apple supporter sporting an android device.
most people like you have good sense darkk...
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 15694; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Thanx g2g, notice he didn't reply? His comment was insanely stupid. I'll never be a close minded, one sided fanboy. All these devices rock if you ask me, apple and Samsung just happen to be my favs. +1
17. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1344; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
The iPhone sucks. Worst mistake I made in 2013. Actually iOS sucks which automatically makes the iPhone suck. I was OK with the hardware.
29. verty (Posts: 116; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I knew I would find you here!!! Jediii I just don't understand your obsession with this iPhone. I still prefer by miles my Note2 to my iPhone 5. Ease of use as a business man even app wise I prefer the playstore..........just my 2cents ......not to start a war.......
5. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
all this market share; innovation talk is rubbish when your brand is iconic.
"Apple’s chief executive, Tim Cook, has flown to China himself for the launch and even signed 10 iPhones for customers."
Thats unheard of and speaks for itself.
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 15694; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Haters gonna hate, but apple is on its game g2g
10. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Bill Gates has done this for every major Microsoft launch that I can remember. He has sold the first XBOX everytime since the original launched in 2001, juat to name a few instances. So don't beat your Apple drum and make it out to be something it's not.
16. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
man we're talking about "phones" not an XBOX...
i dont have an apple drum... just recognize the prestige of apple's brand.
stop hating bro...
18. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
If you read my post, it was one of several instances. The XBox is not an isolated incident. Nor is this "unheard of" as you stated and that was my point.
And I hear your drum beating again.
22. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lol... ok ok you got me... its not a physical drum you hear its a ringtone on my iphone 5. lol
no but seriously. if other products have their CEO sign autographs on them that's pretty awesome man... it goes to show that its more than just a phone...
its like a pack of baseball cards. they use to sell for $1.00 a pack... (no value) but if you have a Babe Ruth card signed by him that value SKY ROCKETS.
you can't deny the iphone, yes it could be missing some great features but if i put my iphone on eBay right now i bet it sells for nearly $500 you cant do that with any android device.
24. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I'll mail you $50 if you can get nearly $500 from your used iPhone 5 on ebay. Your sentimental attachment to your subpar phone has nothing to do with the actual value of it. Now if you threw in some hipster shades, vans, and skinny jeans you might be able to pull that off. But just to be safe you may want to throw in that drum your beating too.
?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.T R11.TRC1.A0.Xused+iphone+5&_nk w=used+iphone+5&_sacat=0&_from =R40
30. verty (Posts: 116; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Please!!!! I purposely bought an iPhone and seriously I don't see what is so great about the phone!!!! There is just no wow factor!!! So please spare us your B.S. rant and come dine with the real boyz the big boys I mean. I just love my note 2. Already eyeing the 3 which is even better than my 2.
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 15694; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's all JT does man. Dude it's apple...
11. Finalflash (Posts: 2171; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
But it isn't iconic for any good reason now unfortunately. Now whenever apple is mentioned it conjures thoughts of lawsuits, stagnation, high prices and rabid fan base.
12. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Apple does not allow any Devs to alter with there hardware. That really sucks. I can't and I would love to increase the Cpu so it doesn't lag when motion sensors are on.
This should give Apple a minor lift to its sales... Good to go Apple
26. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Are you talking to yourself...... ? Calling others Troll, when you are the classic Troll who causes flame wars and then backs out.
Act your age. You are not a young guy, old guy.
Get a life. We are true Americans, not coloured ones immigrants.
Americans pride this.
23. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
huh? man nobody wants to do all that to their phones but tech guys. there's nothing wrong with customizations but it'll ruin apple's reputation to open up its software to the public.