World gets its first 24ct gold iPad 3 for those who need to show off their riches
0. phoneArena 18 Apr 2012, 09:37 posted on
The world is in no shortage of weird, extremely luxurious devices that are built to look good but serve no other purpose…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
23. windowsRocks (Posts: 152; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
Will Apple Ever Think About Middle Class & Low Class People?
28. cnwwyo (Posts: 126; Member since: 26 May 2011)
?????? You are a good example of whats wrong with this country. It's a business, not a charity.
30. Mandroid (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Dude I'll hate on apple all day, but that's a dumb thing to say. I don't consider apples novelties to be "higfh class" or for "rich people". If you cant afford $200 for a smart phone you're doing it wrong. And by "it" I mean life.
44. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Isnt the iphone 4 only a hundred bucks damn boy get a job how cheap do you want it to be lol
32. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
Shutup iTroll and go back under the bridge.
33. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1702; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
lol same comment everytime get new material
2. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 636; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
iPad is worth much more than gold. That's why these tasteless interventions are bizzare and originate from stupidity.
4. Captain_Doug (Posts: 896; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Nice non-regional diction. That would be sarcastic but you're picture tips me off that you're being sarcastic so I give you kudos instead.
14. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 636; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
None of the sentences I wrote are sarcastic. They are just sad.
3. danalmillan (Posts: 25; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Is it me or does it actually look like it is covered in a brown paper bag????? LOL!!!! I would never spend that much money on a computer or phone!!!!!!
34. quryous (banned) (Posts: 106; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
No, no. That IS actually a paper bag. Man, apple quality has really gone to pot lately so they are hiding their stuff in a paper bag. They can't even legally advertize as 4G in a bunch of countries anymore. A shame, really.
5. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
The show off brain surgeons that pay this ridiculous price tag most likely don't realize that there is no such thing as "Gold Plated". Something is either SOLID gold or it isn't. The so called gold plating is achieved by nothing more than an electrical process.
6. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
hey look I got a new iPad 3
even more its made of 24ct gold!
I bet you noone would want to steal that piece of garbage
7. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
So I guess bank robbers are interested in robbing gold iPad users rather than banks now huh?
9. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
now i have a reason to steal one lol......just to melt it down for the gold!!!!!.......jk i still dont want one.
13. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
If you really want to stand out, I'd recommend the real wood shells from Root Cases:
or maybe have your iPad pimped out with custom paint job from Color Ware:
Both are presented with the idea of being a polar opposite of aesthetics much like a golden iPad. Then again, you're richer than most..why would you care what anyone thinks?
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
O M G
I would love desire that, but way to expensive
That's what you call UNIQUE!!!!!!!
20. Bigbluetundra (Posts: 45; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I'm skeptical and might hold out for the platinum edition. Plus, I heard it gets hot enough to cook endangered animal eggs on it.
21. Republican (Posts: 99; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Sorry,droid rabble. Its only for those of us that can afford it.
22. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1702; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Will that be in Imperial credits Lord Vader?
25. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
This isn't the article you were looking for.
24. Republican (Posts: 99; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Yes,my subject. Now go forth and destroy all androids.
40. kanagadeepan (Posts: 758; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Wake up boy... It is already late to school... Go go...
26. HGMIV (Posts: 52; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
What's this iPad 3 that you speak of? Isn't it the New iPad?
35. quryous (banned) (Posts: 106; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Or, simply call it the iFad. Most people do, you know.
36. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7004; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This is FAR worst than the last picture they show on here with the DIAMOND APPLE LOGO. Only iditot millionaires would purchase those.
39. kanagadeepan (Posts: 758; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Hmmm 4349$ for the 24carat Golden back-cover and 1151$ for new iPad... Still 1151$ for iPad is looking costly than 24 carat gold of cost 4349$...
41. guildsa654 (Posts: 27; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
LOL, Guys! I've found an iPhoneArena Channel at youtube! (Just sayin)
I fyou are interested here's the link: (TROLOLOLOLOL)
42. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Gold tf700 infinity anyone ?
43. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Its is still a crappy ipad with no flash or customization