Wood backs for Moto X now just $25; ebony, walnut, and teak coming January 21st
0. phoneArena 17 Jan 2014, 12:37 posted on
One of the more interesting promises of the Moto Maker customizations for the Motorola Moto X have been the wooden backs. Not too long ago, we got our first option - bamboo - which cost a whopping $100. But, Motorola is now saying that it has streamlined the process and can offer wooden backs for just $25 extra, with new options coming next week...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ihavenoname (Posts: 1498; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Cool as hell. Price doesn't sound expensive for me at least (well, here in Finland $424=~€312, Lumia 820 costs €315)
5. SandraB (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Cant compare wp with Android.
Wp is to limited OS, very slow and a bit laggy.
You cant even use chromecast with wp.
7. milesboy5 (Posts: 164; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
I dont know what Windows Phone you used but I had the Lumia 928 on Verizon. While it is a limited OS it is not slow or laggy. And it is a given that a Google product such as the chromecast wouldnt work for Windows Phone as Google and Microsoft have been bucking heads for a long time.
9. corporateJP (Posts: 1759; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
SandraB, are you serious?
On both accounts?
14. SandraB (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Yes i think its very slow and limited.
I swithed back.
17. ihavenoname (Posts: 1498; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Hey, I was just comparing price. US price vs Finland price.
21. Humphrey.One (Posts: 23; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)
I call it an offtop going on. Srsly guys discussing mobile systems comparison under a MotoX wooden back cover price news, in reply to Finnish post about currencies.
2. Commentator (Posts: 2467; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Switching to T-Mobile on the 22nd. Was almost certainly going to stick with my Nexus 5, but this new nugget of information may change everything...
8. milesboy5 (Posts: 164; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
If you are going to T-mobile I would stick with the Nexus 5. Overall better phone...in my opinion. Unless you want the style factor of the Moto X then by all means go with the Moto X.
22. Humphrey.One (Posts: 23; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)
Aren't you advising this guy to do what he's just posted he'd been going to do and simply repeating his point?
Back to the topic, even if I had an lgg2/sgs4, which I don't yet wouldn't mind if I had one, I would swap it for the wooden covered MotoX immediately. Totally agree with you, mr hipster Lincoln Commentator.
3. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1052; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
By the time the Moto X becomes a good deal, the Moto X2 will be coming out!
4. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
It has been a good deal aince the subsidized price was dropped to $99 on contract and in some cases Free. The retail cost has gone by well iver $100 as well. Now this. What more do you want? Them to mail you one for free with no strings attached?
12. corporateJP (Posts: 1759; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
I rarely agree with you, but here, yes.
The G is a good deal, in my opinion, but the X still seems pricey.
11. Bioload25 (Posts: 213; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
If Ebony option was available in my country I would buy it anyday
16. greathero1 (Posts: 493; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
I'm sorry but that back cover looks hideous! But to each his own.
18. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
It surely does look...
I would like a limeaok version
20. blazee (Posts: 307; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
I ordered a bamboo version last night, and after seeing this article i called their customer service to see if they can hold off sending it since the new options were to be introduced. The rep told me that product is already being shipped, but that once i receive it i could send it back for refund and then customize another moto x if i like. This is even though there is gonma be a custom writen quote stamped on that bamboo back cover.