Wondering what Tizen will look like on the Samsung Z? This demo claims to be pretty close to the real deal
0. phoneArena 05 Jun 2014, 08:50 posted on
Three days ago, Samsung announced its first commercially-available Tizen-powered handset, the Samsung Z, which spurred some chatter among industry watchers and fans alike. The former, always measuring, calculating, wondered what this means for Samsung's relationship with Google and Android, while the latter were simply excited at the prospect of another OS player...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jibraihimi (Posts: 718; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
But what if they ditch it like Bada........????
2. HTCOE (Posts: 629; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
no thanks samsung. though it look better than dontwanttoTouchwiz.
26. robcar (Posts: 92; Member since: 18 Jan 2011)
For be an early version of the OS that's not released yet, it looks pretty damn good.
Android was "garbage" at beginning of the life span.
32. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
except ios all the mobile os are GARBAGE...
3. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
hateful Android fans love to bash everything that's not android, and they call themselves freedom of choice...
New OS are always welcome and I'm definitely get one as a try before comment.
7. tech2 (Posts: 3060; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
and that profile pic of yours is not hateful towards android and BB ?
Stop being a hypocrite.
8. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
I bought dozens of android phone than any other and my avatar has shown my recommendation, but since you insist that's fine by me, most impressive I used so far is XiaoMi device and the rest are so sub par to me.
I give my hateful opinion because I tried it, all you fandroid keep on saying other sucks just make you look insecure and you don't even touch it at all.
10. BobbyDigital (Posts: 1153; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I'm going to need you to get a grasp on the English language before you comment again.
15. tech2 (Posts: 3060; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
So you just assumed no android fans own several android phones like you do ?
.... Again, stop being a hypocrite and pretend you're above everyone else.
18. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
I just reported the comment for "not english". and lmao from all the android devices, you only found xiaomimo whatever that is?
9. BobbyDigital (Posts: 1153; Member since: 29 May 2014)
And yet your profile pic shows that you're not hateful towards anything right?
11. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
It shows my recommendation :)
12. BobbyDigital (Posts: 1153; Member since: 29 May 2014)
So someone else says they don't like something, they're hating but for you it's just showing recommendations?
Hypocrite much?? You're profile pic is showing hate. Plain and simple.
14. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
I hate what I tried and sold, this thing haven't released and they deserved to be bashed?
16. Awalker (Posts: 1034; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Samsung tends to get a lot of hate even when they're running Android. I particularly don't like how they butcher Android with their touchwiz skin. They may be better off with Tizen.
17. BobbyDigital (Posts: 1153; Member since: 29 May 2014)
No one was bashing it. They just don't like what they saw. It's called having an opinion. But you iSh33p/Windows Phanboys are so insecure about their tinker toy OS's that you think everytime someone has an opinion on anything other than what you like you call it bashing.
4. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Looks about identical to the latest TouchWiz. The app drawer animation is the only thing that easy to spot out as different. Maybe a few altered animations and thats it.
6. UglyFrank (Posts: 1128; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
To ease the transition for people who like touch wiz and for people who buy samsung phones but don't know what android is
13. sinple (Posts: 127; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
the touchwiz on tizen caused some lags here and there. Will Tizen suffer same fate as android with the touchwiz??????
19. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I can see a lot of people mistaking this phone for an Android powered handset and purchasing it. Well played Samsung, very well played.
21. vinayryder13 (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 May 2013)
rip off of android. FAIL samsung!! the brand can only copy others.
24. maherk (Posts: 2628; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It's your comment that it is fail. Samsung copied their OWN touchwiz UI smarty.
22. twens (Posts: 849; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
The animations and transitions look very smooth. I think tizen would be much smoother and stable than touchwiz androids.
27. Sondae (Posts: 229; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
I guess this is alternative for people who want to try different stuff. Still its same as what you see on s5 UI. Kinda bad that power of phone cant be used much because apps is limited. Then samsung app store are always paid few are free. I wonder if this is same price as s5.
29. wildfiregt (Posts: 138; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Yet ,it is a prototype. And we've heard so much that Tizen will be able to run android apps. That's what everybody wants. a big push up to a new OS
30. scsa852k (Posts: 329; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
The only reason Samsung wants to develop its own OS is to make people use it and spend money on their App store.
31. Andrewtst (Posts: 498; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Animation not smooth enough if the device is S800.
33. pavsidhu (Posts: 210; Member since: 20 May 2014)
I'm maybe going to get some hate for this, but even though I prefer Android, I hate Samsung's software efforts. Touchwiz is ugly, crammed with too many features and is not friendly to use. Tizen just looks the same. I think the only mobile operating system which doesn't compromise is Windows Phone. It's beautiful and the features are increasingly getting better, it's just a shame that Microsoft were late to the smartphone market because I think they could have been on par with Android otherwise.