Woman claims iPhone 4S spontaneously combusted and Apple will not replace it
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Feb 2013, 17:02
We have heard stories like this before, a battery or phone spontaneously combusting or melting with no obvious reason...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
46. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 03 Feb 2013, 20:26 6 0
gee golly sir i though it was okay to dip my phone in coffee every morning. goes to show you that sopme people are just straight up retarded and im quite scared that they are allowed to breed.
71. cezarepc posted on 04 Feb 2013, 02:04 3 0
My friend dipped his Xperia Z on his cup of coffee so I said, "My phone is better than yours!"....well, I didn't know my phone can't do that.
65. Mittal posted on 04 Feb 2013, 00:00 4 0
I have a question
Cant the leaked chemicals from the battery turn the indicator red ?
75. Droiddoes posted on 04 Feb 2013, 12:26 1 0
How generous of apple to offer to take it off her hands but not replace it. F*cking joke company.
6. TROLL posted on 03 Feb 2013, 17:33 27 16
It always has, always been, always will, and I wish it remains like that, even the ios7, 8 , 9 shall be the same as ios6!
23. Mxyzptlk posted on 03 Feb 2013, 18:07 25 20
Congrats in contributing nothing in relations to te article.
24. TROLL posted on 03 Feb 2013, 18:12 19 18
Congratulation MXZY for being a hippy, cult and worshiping Apple, for no matter he ow dirty, bad and nasty and cheap with no self respect they go™™©
84. kboo1995 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 09:18 0 0
Sir I don't know who u r
But it looks like u have some serious brain issues
posting all these meanless comments and bashing apple won't change anything
The company will not close just because some random guy commented on a blog article
So plz get a life and stop wasting ur time
82. Droiddoes posted on 04 Feb 2013, 17:49 0 0
Congrats on contributing nothing to the human race. If anything your idiocy will set evolution back centuries. Please do not breed (like that's an issue LOL)
3. evolutionqy7 posted on 03 Feb 2013, 17:24 7 8
Whatever, that really doesn't look like a defect, looks more like it was f**ked across the wall and then the damage caused the rest.
4. rengland posted on 03 Feb 2013, 17:24 14 14
What a joke. I hate it when "adults" can't take responsibility for their actions. Ignorant and cheap!
8. Droiddoes posted on 03 Feb 2013, 17:43 19 8
Agreed 100%. This disgusting company needs to step up and warranty their shoddy dangerous novelty.
9. sithvenger (banned) posted on 03 Feb 2013, 17:46 8 20
Exactly... She's trying to run a scam, and apples not buying it
17. sithvenger (banned) posted on 03 Feb 2013, 17:57 4 15
The fan on this one bro. She's lying... Apple should stand pat.
69. joey_sfb posted on 04 Feb 2013, 01:17 6 0
I wonder whether you would say the same thing if your iphone battery exploded and apple refuse to acknowledge the problem.
Bottomline is no one here know what truly happened.
32. 14545 posted on 03 Feb 2013, 19:21 6 4
Yeah, that's where I have a problem. She screwed up her POS iPeon and whats apple to give her another one for free. Screw her, she should be locked up for attempted fraud. Then maybe people would start thinking twice before trying to pull crap like this.
5. InspectorGadget80 posted on 03 Feb 2013, 17:29 16 9
Woah. Now u see apple true colors they wont even replace her iphone. This is really sad.
76. Droiddoes posted on 04 Feb 2013, 12:30 1 0
The funny thing is apple is SO inconsistent with customer service.
Broken screen and you don't have apple care? That's ok have a new iphail, no charge!
Don't like the color because you're f*cking retarded and don't know what 'black' or 'white' is? NO PROBLEM we'll replace it!
Your moron kid pulled the sim and tried to jam a micro SD card in there?
NO PROB, we'll replace that!
Your battery exploded and destroyed the phone? GO F*CK YOURSELF.
Those are all real actual examples of things iTards have tried to return an iPhail to me for, I refused and apple gave them new phones.
7. TROLL posted on 03 Feb 2013, 17:37 20 9
So what, this is good news that Apple won't be replacing her lmao, another customer hoping will migrate to Android, she deserves it™
10. Sniggly posted on 03 Feb 2013, 17:47 14 3
The last time something like this happened, it was a Galaxy S3. And it turned out the dumbasses had microwaved the damn phone. I'll take this lady's story with skepticism.
11. Tre-Nitty posted on 03 Feb 2013, 17:47 6 16
Yeah because Samsung or htc would replace the device. She's s liar! Way to go Apple.
14. Kaze105 posted on 03 Feb 2013, 17:54 3 6
Seems like she is lying here. It is highly questionable to replace a device that is not just opened, but also has the liquid indicator red. More likely that some liquid went in and caused a short that made the battery practicaly melt.
The liquid indicator can turn red by other factors such as humidity, but still seems like she is lying in this case. Even the glass is odd considering how much it is cracked.
If she wanted a replacement, she should have at the very least left the phone unopened.
18. TROLL posted on 03 Feb 2013, 17:57 12 7
So what if she is, wow supporting a bad fruit company! All they do is steal and patent which does not, nor ever belonged to them™®©
22. Kaze105 posted on 03 Feb 2013, 18:07 3 12
So everyone that lies about damage of their phone should have it replaced free? Then samsung is crap for not replacing my broken screen android phone for free since the screen just broke without me doing ANYTHING!
29. sithvenger (banned) posted on 03 Feb 2013, 18:42 1 7
Pow rite n the kisser bro. Good post
67. samystic posted on 04 Feb 2013, 00:55 1 1
abusing bad fruit company is your early morning resolution, is'nt i??? it is now boring! play with your toy
20. GoBears posted on 03 Feb 2013, 18:04 19 3
I don't even care what happened. I just like to see destroyed iJunk. She probably charged it wrong.
28. sithvenger (banned) posted on 03 Feb 2013, 18:39 2 9
Liquid indicator on full red, brown stains, and over a year old. She spilled Starbucks on her year old, and just out of apple care iPhone and tried to scam her way into another one. Kudos to apple for saying no.
33. 14545 posted on 03 Feb 2013, 19:31 2 0
Agreed, I hate Cr@pp73, but I hate stupid people more. Idiot woman.
35. sithvenger (banned) posted on 03 Feb 2013, 19:45 1 5
She actually thought it would work too
77. Droiddoes posted on 04 Feb 2013, 12:33 0 0
Yeah, because apple novelties have NEVER had glaring flaws and defects before, mirite?
30. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 03 Feb 2013, 18:56 5 2
Maybe she microwaved it like that one guys gs3. She wanted some fried apple treats.
31. s.mrabet posted on 03 Feb 2013, 19:02 4 0
I am in no way an apple fan, but this story cant be true... how fast can remove an iphone battery?????? like you have the 5-point screwdriver on a coffee table?? i bet she is lying
She was probably messing with the device and did something wrong..
34. BiN4RY posted on 03 Feb 2013, 19:43 2 0
"she says she panicked and tried to remove the battery by prying the back plate off the phone"
What an idiot, common sense would have told her to drop the phone and stay away from it as far as possible
70. Nathan_ingx posted on 04 Feb 2013, 01:33 1 0
I do that quickly...BUT, only if some liquid has gone in. That's why, in this case, i think, that's the reason.
She might have forgotten or might be oblivious of the fact that iPhone's batteries are not that easily accessible.
36. dwgit posted on 03 Feb 2013, 19:47 1 2
Ahw that's suck should have bought Samsung even though its all plastic but owell. Letsssssss goooooooo ravennnnnnnnnnn wooooooooooo
41. yt6nin posted on 03 Feb 2013, 20:09 1 1
It's the iPhone 4S! Why can't Apple just give her a replacement? Apple has enough money to let a "new" iPhone 4S out to one of their very valuable customer, right? It's an iPhone 4S that's completely manufactured in China for god's sake, who knows when any iPhone user will run across a possible problem like that, setting outside the fact if she caused it, and she is trying to scam Apple for a new one, or it actually happened, as she claims. Who know, only she knows, and we can only question and assume. If she's scamming it, and lying, then Apple, why not just send her a refurbished one, that works like brand new, but ain't brand new, and make her feel like she's loved and cared for. It'll make her happy, and Apple, you have to deal with one less of a problem.
42. yt6nin posted on 03 Feb 2013, 20:10 2 0
Plus, a problem with smartphones, or any phone without a removable battery cover, and battery...
62. Topcat488 posted on 03 Feb 2013, 22:51 1 0
Exactly the point i'm glad Samsung makes removable battery covers... My OG-Note will still fetch the next user i gift it too well... All my brother or cousin will have to do is "Buy a NEW battery"... This is a reason most OEM's don't put on removable covers... THEY WANT YOU TO BUY, A NEW PHONE!
43. 9thWonderful posted on 03 Feb 2013, 20:14 1 1
Hmm...so you smell burning & attempt to remove a battery that is not removable. Genius. And if that isn't stupid enough, then you show up to an Apple store demanding a replacement. This is classic.
57. HDShatter posted on 03 Feb 2013, 21:49 0 0
They probably would have taken it if she didn't pry it open.
50. gameday78 posted on 03 Feb 2013, 20:42 1 1
My iphone also just had sex with an ipad and gave birth to a nano...
58. B3BLW29 posted on 03 Feb 2013, 22:12 3 0
You had to by iPhone in the first place... You had it coming woman... :D
59. -box- posted on 03 Feb 2013, 22:23 12 1
Designed in California to be made as cheaply as possible in China to fail worldwide.
61. Ninetysix posted on 03 Feb 2013, 22:47 0 14
Your definition of fail doesn't seem to match what's in the dictionary.
78. Droiddoes posted on 04 Feb 2013, 12:34 10 0
Right, the definition is just a picture of your mom deciding not to abort you. Biggest fail in history!
80. gmracer1 posted on 04 Feb 2013, 12:36 1 1