Wishful thinking? Google mistakes its own Nexus for iPhone
The hilarious slip happened in the Swedish translation of Android 4.2 where one of the notifications mistakes the Nexus for an iPhone, and pops up the following message (rough translation follows):
"WARNING! Any operator data charges may apply. The configuration of the iPhone can require significant network activity.”
The issue was originally noticed on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, but it can also be reproduced on a Nexus 4. A change in the Android Open Source Project has already fixed the issue, but its existence is what’s fun in the first place. You can try and reproduce it by going into /system/app/SetupWizard.apk on your Nexus.
source: Android via Reddit, Android Police
8. rf1975 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 06:42 12
looks like Andy foget to change the phone name after copying iOS code....
21. PhoneArenaUser posted on 21 Dec 2012, 10:07 14
iOS code is not open source so how he would copy it? Think twice before saying something!
22. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 21 Dec 2012, 10:25 0
Yea, that's right, think and post wisely!
23. loyals posted on 21 Dec 2012, 11:02 2
but they do can get code even though its not an open source....the ipsw file decoding or using some insider or something......hope apple wont start suing them again for this !
15. Ohrules posted on 21 Dec 2012, 07:36 4
i think that you should again start using pics of that asian chick as your profile picture. Just Sayin'
20. Nathan_ingx posted on 21 Dec 2012, 08:55 1
Maybe it's time for Google now. 1st it was Nokia, then Apple and now Google. Though i think it's nothing major!
24. eisenbricher posted on 21 Dec 2012, 12:28 0
Correct... it'll be just like a goodwill deed.
4. tiara6918 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 06:24 8
LOL Google!Why was the word iPhone even there in the first place?
6. Insignificant posted on 21 Dec 2012, 06:35 7
This is not wishful thinking. An example of wishful thinking relating to these two phones is if Apple internally referred to the iPhone as a Nexus 4.
Calling a Nexus 4 an iPhone is a disgrace. All those responsible should be fired immediately.
7. tashreef posted on 21 Dec 2012, 06:36 7
looks like google has copy pasted this warning message from iPhone.....
29. tashreef posted on 22 Dec 2012, 07:41 0
If this the case Google offer me a job.....
i am really good at Ctrl+C Ctrl+v....... you won't be disappointed....
9. Raymond_htc posted on 21 Dec 2012, 06:46 0
if i am a kid here's what i think- THAT NEXUS' EVIL!! KILL IT BEFORE IT MAKES FRIEND WITH THE IPHONE 5!
If I'm a sensible Guy here's what I think- Just some minor Software update will solve it.
10. amozhi posted on 21 Dec 2012, 06:57 1
Clear evidence...It's time for Apple to sue Google... :-)
11. kabhijeet.16 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 07:00 4
This is so made up. My friend has Samsung nexus & sister has Nexus 4. In the wifi menu, this msg doesnt appear (on both devices) when turning on data connection. The snap put here is definitely from a rooted device & an xda developer's custom ROM.
17. Igneel posted on 21 Dec 2012, 08:21 0
in swedish? maybe you're using it in english? you didn't mention that.
14. iMacCEO posted on 21 Dec 2012, 07:31 3
not only warning guys.....the whole iOS is copied by google..!! xD
26. Shino posted on 21 Dec 2012, 16:21 0
Bhahahhaha! Giggle copycats!!! Hahahah! In every aspect! So pathetic!
28. techloverNYC posted on 22 Dec 2012, 00:45 0
lets hope this becomes true. Andriod needs a device that can represent the face of andriod.
Way too many andriod high end phones out there
30. Droid773 posted on 22 Dec 2012, 16:50 0
In Android you can do that and many more thats why I love it.