Wirefly shutters site amid bankruptcy
0. phoneArena 13 Mar 2014, 21:22 posted on
The discount on-line retailer and agent to the standard array of wireless carriers, Wirefly, abruptly shut...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I come back from my night classes and now I find out Wirefly is a thing in the past? Whatttt.....
5. TheMan (Posts: 490; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Ah, Wirefly! More like Wire fly-by-night! Given their consistently complaint rate with the BBB and restructuring I've never understood how they got contracts with Walmart, among others.
6. lsutigers (Posts: 820; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
I never dealt with them but they did run the wireless online stores for a lot of large retailers...Walmart, Frys, Target and Radioshack as well, I believe.
2. downphoenix (Posts: 3165; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Doesn't surprise me honestly, their model just wasn't sustainable. That and online retail sales for mobile phones hasn't really taken off. I guess the average joe really wants to go into a store so they can see the phones in person.
3. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Lol ...... maybe Sprint will buy them out (along with T-Mobile).
4. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Not surprised. The only way they could really make money was from scamming people with their super fine print. Once people caught on to it, it was only a matter of time, no matter how often this site used to advertise- I mean, report news articles on them.
7. silencer271 (Posts: 254; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Lets talk is next to go! Amazon kicking their asses left and right. Though if lets talk goes under walmart will most likely buy them.
8. jroc74 (Posts: 6005; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Wow....so many companies, businesses are disappearing or getting smaller.