Windows RT: the essential apps
0. phoneArena 26 Oct 2012, 09:29 posted on
If you haven’t heard it by now, let us make it extra clear - Windows RT is not the full Windows 8. No, it won’t run Photoshop, Dreamweaver…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
What's that on number 8???
5. valapsp (Posts: 557; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
You're right. I'm sorry I was blind for 1 second.
24. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I HOPE WINDOWS gets more of the android, ios, and even amazon store apps on their game store
3. Hammerfest (Posts: 383; Member since: 12 May 2012)
You forgot Windows 7...
No seriously... Metro sucks (even if its no longer called metro)..
Before people rush to say if you dont like it stay on Win7, Windows 8 IS NOT JUST THE UI, there are SO MANY other features and preformance upgrades in Windows 8 that makes it worth while!
The above being said, there are tools that restore explorer to its more useful glory and kill off metro like Windows 7 on Widnows 8 and StartIsBack...
14. sorcio46 (Posts: 435; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
At least for tablets & smartphones this UI is decent, but for PC... i won't buy that OS with that tablet UI.
28. winsaki234 (Posts: 63; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
It have a Windows 7 desktop and it work with all Win7 software
31. giri555 (Posts: 111; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
ah..'buy'..you are not going to 'buy'...it eitherway...you are going to download it from torrent...
4. The.Dark.Knight.Rises (banned) (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Now this UI is superior to the android tablet UI but equals ios.
6. rassouli5 (Posts: 51; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Microsoft Surface, must be nickname iPad destroyer. Apple & Android (Google) both SUCKS....
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Now you are a hard core Sur-fan!! Me likes both Android and Windows... And i've got mixed feelings with iOS!!
8. rassouli5 (Posts: 51; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
My opinion is that, because I know Microsoft is great and also because I'm a Megafan of it, but I respect your opinion of liking Android. Everyone's opinions are respectful for themselves.
10. The.Dark.Knight.Rises (banned) (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
And ipad should be called surface murderer. Ipad was the best, is the best and will always be the best.
16. The.Dark.Knight.Rises (banned) (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
No ios is the batman and windows RT is the joker, a freak... Lololol
18. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm sorry Mr sDark! But i didn't imply anything of that sort...but yes, i meant that you were the Joker.
20. The.Dark.Knight.Rises (banned) (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I am the dark knight
29. The.Dark.Knight.Rises (banned) (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The worst OS think twice before you make random claims.
15. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
On the first statement that I agreed, window has done that in the past with Macintosh. Because window as second times to join in mobile industry and late what if Window keep on perfect its device or still in the play, which is Apple can never see the daylight or earn credible of today mobile. however, Android is stronger candidate to utilize for mobile market and it rules.
MS made perfect choice to incorporate full version MS office in its device. No other third party can not come close to it. This one win for my vote.
Apps for window and just give it sometime. I hope MS play must have good quality apps in its arsenal, not crappy or junks apps.
Therefore, MS and Android are only key player, iOS is weaker candidate because Apple OS is the same boring craps -- I don't understand and why iFans are being blind and seeing Android had to offer.
32. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Say that to my big, fat wife and we'll see if u'll still be alive
9. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
how come cut the rope is essential?
13. DerryAhmad (Posts: 278; Member since: 05 May 2012)
It's probably the only game that matter (decent enough).
On another note. I'm liking the UI alot. And those apps interfaces looks great.
I'll probably wait until some of the other essential apps such as Twitter and Facebook are available.
12. husfus (Posts: 62; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
I think there will be lot of apps including essensial ones by near future. . People are adopting win 8, thats enough for developers. Soon win 8 store will be competitive
17. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
I love this Metro UI. It's beautiful, specially if you have a big monitor like me. I like how one can access all of the programs and apps by just scrolling left or right. I preordered mine on amazon for 69.99.
This is something new to windows users, so it's gonna take a little time to get used to it. In my case I got used to it in a couple of minutes and I don't wanna go back to the old way.
26. Jyakotu (Posts: 844; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I too love the Metro ("Modern") UI. On my traditional laptop, it actually works just fine. However, there is a certain Sony VAIO hybrid that I'm eyeing. I like the idea of having a laptop/tablet rolled into one.
19. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1552; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
since apps developers can make apps that run on the Windows 8 Tablet computers
and the Windows RT computers I predict that the Windows RT apps will quickly grow
folks Microsoft has committed itself to make tablet computers because they know tablets computers will be a normal thing in home and Businesses just like the television is today. Metro tile haters or should I say Modern UI tiles haters get a life! Although I predict Windows 9 will be more Desktop friendly than Windows 8 even it will have the tiles because Microsoft's Future operating systems will be written to operate on standard non touch screen and touch screen computer setups. therefore the Tiles start screen and Modern UI apps store will remain a part of Windows operating Systems. another thing a statement on a web site states that Microsoft and Apple have an agreement among themselves not to copy each others operating system therefore Microsoft had to come up with something new and different ERGO the TILes
25. Jyakotu (Posts: 844; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Since I've been using Windows 8 Pro a lot, since I got to upgrade early, I have to warn people about two of the apps on this list. First of all, Evernote on Windows 8 is EXTREMELY basic and lacks many of the advanced editing options on iOS and Android. Hopefully the developers include these features in future updates. Also, for those who want an alternative to TuneIn Radio, iHeartRadio is a great alternative as it's essentially Pandora and TuneIn Radio rolled into one package.