Windows Phone's strong growth continues in the world's largest smartphone market
0. phoneArena 03 Sep 2012, 02:03 posted on
WPDang and OpenXLive have taken 112 games and apps that are well known in the Chinese market and have consolidated all of the server data from the 112 to come up with some information related to the use of Windows Phone in China...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
wow... WP can compete to Android and iPhone now....
i hope to see more cheaper WP8 in the future by nokia! :P
5. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
cheaper since asian country likes cheap smartphone but semi-powerful...
2. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i hope to have more choices... Android, iPhone, Windows Phone and BlackBerry...
webOS, tizen, mozilla and jolla can be runner ups!
3. fragmentation (banned) (Posts: 31; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Because they cannot afford an iPhone
4. sadaivadai (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
They can afford .. but they are not ignorant to buy that for such a heavy price ..
8. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
these market like BT sharing... mass storage... and iPhone lacks that..
i think apple just do that "restrictions" coz they want to avoid piracy?.. i dont know.. same goes to the WP7... but i think WP8 will has the ability of Android, BlackBerry and iOS!!!
6. G-Man (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Because Asians are smart enough to avoid American's s**t.
7. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid (Posts: 125; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
Great to see WP doing so great, and considering the fact that WP8 still hasn't been launched, this sounds even greater. Finally, some REAL competition for Android.
11. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Why only for Android? Why not ios as well?
13. 12Danny123 (Posts: 87; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
the problem is that Apple is losing in China. they lost badly for the ranking thing. they are fifth( I dunno what it is).
9. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Ah glad to see some growth of Windows Phone as this year is very important.
10. snowgator (Posts: 3345; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
So far, the needle is pointing up for WP. The November launch of WP 8 will be improttant to show some excitment out of the gate (especially for Nokia for obvious reasons). But that launch and the sales this Nov/Dec are not as important as the growth in 2013, so stories like this are good.
12. 12Danny123 (Posts: 87; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
This is very good for MS, Nokia and the Competition :-). Let the games begin!
Android 4.1 vs Windows phone 8 vs IOS 6
14. 12Danny123 (Posts: 87; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
also. glad Wp can Compete and We now have a Third OS coming!. Welcome Wp!
remember While Wp market share in China is increasing fast. this will go to the worldwide market share. We will now have a third OS coming soon
15. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
well i wanted to say Android 4.1 vs Windows Phon8 vs iOS 6 vs BalckBerry 10!
16. Alistaire (Posts: 132; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It's just natural that WP will continue to grow. Personally I'm a mac user, but just switched to a WP. There are more PC user than mac user. It's a natural progression after W8 launch to transit to WP8, especially when it will be enterprise ready.
Not sure why all the doom and gloom from tech news. And now they are starting to change their tune... Godspeed!
17. shuaibhere (Posts: 1762; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
As it is a microsoft product sure it will grow.....
But you guyz don't forget how evil the microsoft was in 90's.....
So am still with linux and open source......