Windows Phone users might have increased rapidly by more than half a million in two weeks
0. phoneArena 28 Nov 2011, 05:42 posted on
Users of the Facebook integration in Windows Phone have climbed from a million to a 1.1 million between 11/11 and 11/25, three times the increase in the previous two weeks...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. kayeeman566 (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
two weeks? android does this amount in one day ... 550000 androids a day...
7. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
For goodness sakes! This article has nothing to do with Android nor there is a comparison. It is about improvement regarding Wp stats.
11. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 805; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Keep your Fandom to yourself for Ch**t sake!
12. kayeeman566 (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
HAHAHAHA ... 'the laugh' cmon dont waste your money over some crap ... u can get a droid at same price then install launcher 7
13. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 805; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I do own an Xperia Arc and an SGS II happy?
14. Eingild (Posts: 203; Member since: 19 Apr 2011)
Get out from your mom's basement once in a while to reduce the probability of your stupidity getting worse.
15. snowgator (Posts: 3335; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Yep... But than it would still be Android.
How about you buy a top of the line WP, realize how smooth and seemless the OS is, and never go back to Android and just sit back and enjoy the ride as WP continues to improve and makes sure all updates get to all users in a short amount of time?
3. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
And? 2 years ago android was nothing so don't be rude.
It takes time.
5. apocalypsebc (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Plus these numbers for Windows Phone are better compared to the first year release of android
4. apocalypsebc (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
This is great compared to the other OS when they were first released. If WP continue to do great, they could be on top by mid 2013
6. shy2papa (Posts: 212; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
I don't think so, there's still a lot of work that needs to be done before WP7 can take the lead, especially windows market place it needs more quality apps.
8. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1060; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Agreed, the top is far from reach for them but that really isn't even their goal right now. Dream, yes! But they're still trying to just get known (again).
24. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Yeah, but by 2013 we will not only have the Apollo update,we'll also have Zeus with six core CPUs lol
9. pantou (Posts: 6; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
application quality is far better than Android-apps in the first year and in 6 months, the quality will be fully(better) complete.
16. snowgator (Posts: 3335; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Maybe not on top- Android is a good OS and is ingrained in the market. But WP is not to be stopped. It will be freight train of improvement over the next 12 months.
10. Ocean02 (Posts: 28; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Encouraging news, now let's see how Nokia will do in the U.S next year.
17. snowgator (Posts: 3335; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Very good news. I am happy to say my Wife and I will both be there soon- Her Titan and my Focus S are on the way.
What bothers me is that Phone Arena, who has been very fair in coverage of WP compared to Apple and Android even as though two are much more popular, has yet to post reviews of either of those two phones even as they pump out reviews on midrange Androids (the Pantech Pocket, Samsung DoubleTime) and high end Android reviews within days of their release. Come on PA, readers come to your site to get your opinions. Spend some time with these two fantastic devices.
Besides, reviewing WP are easy- Mango runs nearly identicle on all devices. All you have to do is review the smoothness of the experience, hardware, and some widgets.
22. Penny (Posts: 1299; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I'm jealous snow, still only have the Trophy here! Hope you both have good experiences and enjoy a little more free time from not having to spend so much time on your phone!
18. LewsTherin006 (Posts: 140; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
APPS. this is what WP7 needs. I used a HTC radar over Tmobile last week, and thats the one sore spot. WP7 is really cool, will go far, but it needs apps. Basically people want to play the same games with their iphone friends, and if the phone doesnt do it, they wont buy it.
19. nickjjay (Posts: 79; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
I want a windows phone! I wish Verizon would support them more.
20. apocalypsebc (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
You mean you wish they would get more Windows Phone. I wish the same with Sprint. They both have one Windows phone on their CDMA Network. They might be waiting for them to support LTE and Nokia looks like they will be the one bring them to the CDMA Networks.
21. jtech (Posts: 101; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
All they really need are phone released on other carriers and I'm pretty sure windows phone will over take bb or even apple. I still don't understand why people say windows phone need quality apps when the os doesn't rely on them like ios and andriod
23. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1202; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
the windows smartphones are starting to sell well now. If Microsoft had designed windows phone 7.5 to work on the Nokia N9 which uses a Texas instrument CPU
and enable the 3 buttons on the Windows phones to be able to be onscreen capacitive buttons Nokia would have put Windows phone 7.5 on the N9 which has a front facing Camera. this Nokia N9 would have been the best designed smartphone on the planet The Nokia 800 an Nokia N9 look alike is already a design award winning smartphone that has sold well in England and France. but the N9 had all the bells and whistles Damn Microsoft will you please be innovative and modify The metro interface program to allow for on screen back, Windows, and search buttons and work on Texas instuments CPU's and other mobile chips your failure caused Nokia not be able to put out the n9 with windows phone 7.5 which was really THE FOR REAL WINDOWS PHONE 7 everybody was looking for Man it would out sell everything out there.