Windows Phone shipments soar in Europe during Q1
0. phoneArena 25 Jun 2013, 11:51 posted on
Over in Europe, at least for the first quarter, Apple iPhone and Windows Phone shipments are going in the opposite direction; the number of Windows Phone handsets received in the continent during Q1 soared 73% to 1.9 million units year-over-year. Meanwhile, iPhone models in transit to Europe during the same time period actually declined by 10% to 6.3 million...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
for every 3.3 iphone sold,1 wp is sold.that is pretty impressive given that volume drivers like 520 and 720 was not available in q1
7. Credo (Posts: 695; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
This news makes me happy, yesterday i was sitting in a bus next to a girl that has a Lumia 900 in Cyan, while it is not available in that color in Belgium....
22. mi55u (unregistered)
wp is a joke
2. papss (unregistered)
In context that is a good improvement for WP. I hope that growth continues
3. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
I hope not, Microsoft is the real evil company..... Hope it helps the competition but hope Microsoft will never earn money from that.....
12. roldefol (Posts: 3182; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
How is Microsoft that much eviler than Apple or Samsung? They're all in it to maximize profits and corner us all into some sort of monopoly. That's the nature of business.
26. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
You are simply blind or you can not read ;)
bit [dot] ly/RYzOPP
27. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Yes, for kids the facts are the blindness :)
4. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Hmmmm that's good for Microsoft and Nokia I guess....but boy is WP8 sooooo boring! There is nothing to capture you or excite you....
9. Dastrix (Posts: 620; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Speak for yourself. Unfortunately, buttering up your argument with that first sentence doesn't make it any more constructive. Adopt an objective viewpoint. Learn to embrace and enjoy diversity.
13. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Anything can be exciting.....depends what you like.....clearly you and I like technology so that's why we are here that means we going technology exciting and there OSs like android..... On android you can customize everything and have fum uploading home screens, playing games and this is all happening on an OS....that's why its exciting, when Ubuntu come as out I will go to the store to check out out cause I am excited to see what it offers....UrbanPhantom I normally agree with you but contrast your comment was plain dumb....
14. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Meant to be in reply to comment below.....however your comment I think I express it as....in my view WP is soooo boring however people like you who adore Nokia and WP obviously love it!
16. roldefol (Posts: 3182; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Exactly! So what's the point of littering Nokia comments with negativity when the bottom line is that it's good, just not for you?
17. Dastrix (Posts: 620; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
If you don't like it, just bite the bullet. It's as simple as that. If a girl does not excite you, you wouldn't blame it on her now, would you?
18. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Hahaah lol I'm starting to like you ;) but I would never pick a girl that doesn't excite me ;)
11. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Dumb comment! WP8 is just an operating system, not a concert stage. Is Linux exciting, or how about Unix? Only ultra shut-in geeks have a critical need to find an OS "exciting".
20. papss (unregistered)
Nothing constructive at all in WP news... It's kind of sad to be you it seems
5. Eonnaydra (Posts: 209; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
In my country is full of iPhones and Galaxy'es,in fact I have rarely seen someone with a WP 8 handset.
Anyway,Nokia is making a good job with the Lumias and it won't be a surprise if they will surpass the iPhone's sales in near future unless Apple will release iPhone Lite.
To be honest I hate Microsoft as a company :) they are taking more money from android than from windows phones.
Now,the Apple's sales,here, are having a super boom with the iPhone 5/4S/4 because are cheaper with iPhone 5S close to the release date.
6. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
While never being a fan of windows handsets myself i've had to use the Lumia 925 for work recently and it is indeed a great phone
15. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
If only it ran android.....one can only dream tut tut tut
21. -box- (Posts: 3878; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Don't you have anything better to do? We get it, you like Android and wish Nokia made them. Move on, and unless you have something positive to contribute, please stop filling the comments with wasteful garbage.
10. lubba (Posts: 1311; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
@anywherehome... How the flubber do you come up with BS like that?
24. KiranPAUSER (Posts: 73; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
My lumia 620 is great. Office suit is best now i even don't need laptop for my work. Everything done on my mobile:-)