Windows Phone powered Samsung ATIV S is getting a firmware update
The update is scheduled to hit your Samsung ATIV S sometime before the calendar turns to June. There are only a few days left in this month, so you should expect the update to reach you shortly. After the update, both unlocked and carrier branded versions of the phone will offer the same features. The former did not come with the ability to run Wi-Fi tethering.
source: WindowsPhoneItaly (translated) via WPCentral
1. papss (Posts: 2860; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Wow for all three people? That's so nice SS! No seriously did anyone buy this phone?
2. aco96 (Posts: 167; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
ATIV S is much better than the S3 in my opinion.
4. indigo87 (Posts: 40; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
I'm just curious how many times are you going to use the same joke over and over again?
Is there a windows phone that you actually like or are you fanboy of android or ios that has nothing better to do?
5. sukimtk (Posts: 13; Member since: 04 May 2013)
i did and it is one hell of a one, nicer then s3, much better and doesnt feel like a plastic so stop it plz dont be a like a stupid little kid and if you dont like phone dont coment
8. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
13. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 650; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i was to say that.... did any one really buy it... i mean i saw people using 8x, lumias... not a single ativ s
3. papss (Posts: 2860; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
heres the thing. Why would WP8 users buy this? SS hasn't promoted it, it has nothing but screen size over the others in the WP ecosystem and is basically a S3. There would be no reason to buy this ever. the 8x and L920 were way better than this phone.
6. sukimtk (Posts: 13; Member since: 04 May 2013)
for start its much less expensive then 920 (arond 120 euros, and 70 euro cheper then 8x), and for me this is the perfect phone because of screen size and the looks :D
i prefere the looks of 920 but 400e is much for a phone :(
7. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Low price= Low Quality.
14. sukimtk (Posts: 13; Member since: 04 May 2013)
you obviusly didnt have ativ s in your hands :D
9. papss (Posts: 2860; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I'd rather have a 7xx or 8xx variant to the SS phone still.. Support is huge and this phone is barely supported versus the Nokia phones..
10. haikallp (Posts: 67; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I don't understand this. My Omnia had this from the first time I bought it last year. Whaaat?
11. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 944; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Microsoft should restrict Samsung from making any products using any Windows OS, including WP8, Windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win8...
Nokia, Asus, Lenovo, HP, and the others can take their place...
15. Scorpion (Posts: 56; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
Samsung is just paying lip service to Microsoft with this one. But that said I played at the Samsung store with it (Yeah I'm one of those annoying customers, sue me later), and the WP8 system looks great on the big S.Amoled screen. It's really fast too.