Windows Phone overtook BlackBerry for number three mobile OS in 4th quarter 2012
0. phoneArena 06 Feb 2013, 01:02 posted on
We have seen a lot of ambiguous claims from Microsoft with few hard numbers, but the claims appear vindicated...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
I agree wp surpass bb, but wpcentral post a misleading article... A picture of lumia920 and z10? Lol bb10 just started of course lumia920 will surpass it...
what a mess, it should be wp7+wp8 > bb7 ... Not L920 > bbz10...
14. freebee269 (Posts: 529; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
wpcentral only posted a pic of the 2 flagship phones for each platform. most sites do that.
2. -SEUL8TR- (Posts: 113; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Not to get to excited and keeping there hopes high, Nokia users will be merging to more open source, due to Symbian was unrestricted! WP8 will tumble, and this will be good news for Android and iOS fans, users.
9. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
you stole my ava ! but why did you change the rim text to apple logo ? apple is not rip yet
11. haseebzahid (Posts: 1848; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lol i find ur comment Effing hilarious all because people are crying same crap over last 2 years "win is crap it will fail its closed os it will fail" and more bla bla bla and again more bla bla bla but infact we only saw the raise of wp7 >>> wp8 users its not dropping down so get a life and stop telling whats not happening at the moment
12. papss (unregistered)
Typical BS comment from you
3. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Of course Microsoft took over third place: was there ever any doubt? It will eventually take over first place, in about five to ten years...
7. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
Yes, a neat trick for a company with over $14 Billion per year in free cash flow.
5. Snoobab (Posts: 174; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
WP8 is slick, robust, developer friendly, and has an insane amount of potential. Let's hope it keeps up the momentum.
10. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
yes it is..and another thing it means Nokia is doing really good..with their lumia series.......
8. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
BB's big server advantages from the past have not completely translated over to the present and have opened the door to competing services and technologies to be adopted by the corporate community in general. Apple and Android being the obvious entrants, but also MSFT with its deeply integrated and capable host of corporate products & services. Coupled with BYOD cost cutting policies, BB needs a consumer hit to remain viable, even in the corporate martket, going forward. Given its CASH arsenal, BB is way outgunned...even with a very nice OS (which "borrows" a lot from Nokia's Meego, by the way)
15. downphoenix (Posts: 2634; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Give it a quarter or 2 and Blackberry will be beating Windows again.
16. hepresearch (unregistered)
No worries! This is a temporary condition.
19. hepresearch (unregistered)
18. jroc74 (Posts: 5260; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
According to another article....all this stuff Strategy Analytics posted is wrong:
Someone is wrong. My money is on comScore being right.
20. papss (unregistered)
I disagree.. They will never regain third place.. They don't have the power, money or resources to come back. They will be good just to survive this year with this march launch ( that is way late) ®©
21. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 550; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Windows Phone needs to get its shinola together regarding XBOX games and videos for WP8. The former is releasing new titles at a snail's pace and the latter is non-existant. Even Blackberry has a video store now.