Windows Phone outselling iPhone in seven markets already
0. phoneArena 27 Mar 2013, 05:10 posted on
Windows Phone might be a promising platform with great looks and plenty of fluidity, but sadly with no official sales figures it’s hard to know whether it’s catching up or not…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Trex95 (Posts: 883; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
From where did you got these news phone arena?! some time i feel that your news just fake.
5. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
im not an iphone fan. i love android. but there is no way that windows phone superpass the iphone because it has no apps
6. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
this is a mistry since iphone is 700$++ where no contract is offered while wp8 can comes cheaper then that so its possible to pass iPhone share in non premium markets
apps dont matter when price is more the issue if u get contract phone its easy but a retail isnt eaisy
45. yero789 (unregistered)
Oh come on,,,I've had a Sony Xperia S as my first Android handset,and I never even used the 1% of what Google Play Store has.I mean,I installed a couple of games,and that's all :D I don't need anything else,I can listen to music and use the camera,that's enough for me,especially when I have a laptop which is always with me :D SO apps aren't problem,their number will grow by the time!
47. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
O_o so what was I saying apps dont always count especially i took the point when price is the factor
55. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Android can be had for 100 bucks without contract :D
56. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
so the article is read as iPhone where is Android coming from the lagy world of low end android is no match for low end wp8 and the big heavy apps dont run on low end android i guess :P
71. dr_fajardo12 (Posts: 118; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Argentina, India, Poland, Russia, South Africa, and Ukraine — along with a smaller group of countries (including Croatia) that falls under the banner of "rest of central and eastern Europe."http://www.theverge.com/2013/3
13. rocker_570 (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Jul 2012)
I am using it i dont have problem with app u all just listen frm any one and take judgement wow....:|
15. SIGPRO (Posts: 1409; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
No apps like you nee a few million apps....NOOB
18. StreetNerd (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
so what i dont need all those apps... im pretty fine with the core apps.
23. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well that's you, millions out their are eagerly awaiting for those Apps and Games!
67. StreetNerd (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
yes thats me!. what do i care bout the other millions? i buy the phone for myself? GAMES? some casual games is also enough for me... im not a kid anymore... and if i play games i do it on the PC easy GG WP.
why should i spend 300 euros extra on an iphoney?
why should i buy a FULL HD quadcore android, when batterylife sux.
troll plz put on ur Indian trollface picture on
48. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
what about 100k ad blocker and 100k torch apps in android do u count them all seperate since i count them all as 1 app
21. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
If u think the sheer number of apps alone determine which platform consumers go for, you are wrong, Many people i know go for iPhone or Android because it is easy to jailbreak it to run cracked apps, and refuse to pay for apps (Malaysian culture); this is near impossible on Windows Phone and BB.
22. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
At the rate Android is going, I think everone is going to play third or fourth fiddler to them, like BB. MS might be out of their league in the cellphone market, give a Highend WP device! Who knows Apple might decline? Missing those big apps and those big games along with missing features consumers are having long thought and reps at shops don't reccomend WP!
No one would believe this news WP8 taking over Apple iPhone! But it's picking up very very slowly! Lets wait and see in 2013 Q3.
24. windroid (unregistered)
I'm waiting solely for Q1 2013, and I think a lot of people will be amazed.
Regarding the apps, I'm so satisfied with the 700.000 apps I have installed on my android tablet in my 5 terabytes memory card.
Seriously... I have about 5 apps installed in my tablet that I use in a daily basis, and about some 20 I opened once and only once. At this moment, WP has all the important apps missing two or three major apps that will appear in short term.
27. Aeires (unregistered)
Actually, it is possible. If you look at each country as being a market, and factor in how many countries there are, it's completely possible that MS is selling more phones than Apple in 7 countries. Not everyone can afford iPhones, which is exactly why Apple is rumored to be making a cheaper model.
30. jroc74 (Posts: 6004; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I have to agree with everyone else. I have used a total of about 280 Android apps since 2010. Thats across 5 different Android phones.
Some are Google, some came with the phones.
1,000,000 apps isnt all that big a deal. Every WP user that uses Office alot dont really care....as long as they can get their work done.
34. jeevan28111992 (Posts: 23; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Who are you man??? Android Fan boy???
8. DKJnr (Posts: 24; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Read the article clearly - all your doubts will be eased!!! Don't skim through then comment as a well informed person.
35. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
A lot of dislikers and haters in here,,,,!
Where is ChaoticRazor and UrbanPhantom and PAPASS,,,,?
70. Whodaboss (Posts: 176; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
Here are the countries Windows Phone is beating Apple to the punch. As reported by The New York Times:
• South Africa
• Croatia and other central/eastern European countries (all listed together)
More fake news for you.
2. mydi.maus (unregistered)
3. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
and this is where it starts to pay off i reckon the countries are probably gonna be based in europe
19. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
nokia should release 520&720 as soon as possible and bring us a high end 41mp pureview to every market then see the results.................:)
7. fouadqr (Posts: 326; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
nokia = windows phone !
without nokia ..
windows phone = nothing !
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
And none of Nokia outsell Samsung :)
12. Sterijoana (Posts: 32; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
It does when it's about both companies windows phone sales.
14. troutsy (Posts: 310; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
And thanks to people like you, Samsung = Apple (ca 2009)
10. windroid (unregistered)
I think the same. When the Lumia brand is more known than WP8 it's clear that's Nokia which is carrying WP in their shoulders.
Either way, as long as they build a good platform that's what really matters.
38. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Windows phones sales are increasing all because of nokia.everyone knows that.but phonearena has shown htc images..sick phonearena.is it intentionally?
39. windroid (unregistered)
No problem with that, the more players the better the OS. HTC WP phones are also amazing, specially the low cost 8S which is fantastic to hold and incredibly gorgeous.
11. Sterijoana (Posts: 32; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
Great news... now just implement Notification center, file manager, add few customization options & release more games/apps and haters will find less and less things to whine about.
16. boosook (Posts: 1430; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Frank Shaw's word are worth NOTHING unless he adds more info... when? in which period of time? for how much? for one hour, one day or one month? makes a huge difference...
Any serious journalist or blogger would have asked these questions. Can you give exact data? Yes: let's see them and then I'll write the article. No: ok, thanks: your words don't even deserve to be considered.
17. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
where in 10 regions in 1 day? just a cry from Microsoft :)
the whole year statistics will show the truth...and we know Microsoft continues to fail :)
25. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Soon, Apple's iOS will be the last place.
1st place - Android ( I love it )
2nd place - WP ( I love it too )
3rd place - Blackberry ( Not bad )
LAST - iOS ( Uhhh............)
Oh, wait, this is not the end yet, cuz Tizen is comin' !
63. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
And Ubuntu, Jola and who knows few made in China OS also ...
26. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Nokia WP8 needs Lumia 928 and the L940 and then it will even succeed even more!
33. windroid (unregistered)
Finally agree with you and finally giving you a thumbs up!
Just amazed with you, finally a constructive comment. Well done!
You only need a WP now...
43. Sterijoana (Posts: 32; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
Agree. People are eagerly waiting for 41px lumia too.
It's kinda surprising to see a constructive comment from you in a Windows Phone thread anyway!
44. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
That L928 looks really so nice and sleek with the clad Aluminum and looks™
Even the the L940 will look more sylish and sleek®
NOKIA L940+WP9 WILL BE A BIG HIT THAN L920+WP8™®©
+1 from me to you
54. ZeroCide (Posts: 771; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Yo Troll are you feeling ok. you've been giving WP alot of love lately.
46. Credo (Posts: 748; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
+ 100000, Android and Windows Phone s**t on iOS! :D
60. lumia920 (Posts: 112; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
I will surely thumb down you where ever i find you.... you deserve that... bcoz you belongs to another galaxy... BTW v live in luminary milky way...
28. Aeires (unregistered)
This is completely believable. Iphones are expensive to purchase and there's only three models available at any given time (not counting Ebay). On the other hand, W8 phones are less expensive and there's many models available. Let's face it, iOS only dominates in the US but there are many places Apple has no foot hold because of pricing problems. WP and Android have a much better chance at those markets than Apple does with iOS.
31. Kreft (Posts: 84; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
Give it a few more months. Windows phone will just continue to rise globally along with android. It would be nice if windows phone was comfortably in third place in the U.S. but I'm patient. By years end with all those cheap Nokia Lumias coming it's quite possible that windows phone will be the number 2 mobile os in a large number of countries, maybe 30+. I can't wait. Long live windows phone and android.
32. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 590; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
No smartphone OS is perfect but Windows Phone is the only one that didn't make me want to throw my phone into a brick wall, and I've tried them all (except BB10). If WP can get just get Instagram and a few more of the major apps out there they might just be a playa.
37. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
WHERE IS MEOCAO AND DARAC AND TEDKORD AND RUSTICGUY AND SLEEPINGOZ,,,,!?
40. windroid (unregistered)
Maybe they are Americans and waking up now.
41. mobilefuture (Posts: 214; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
No offense to your user name but maybe they don't want to troll?
42. mobilefuture (Posts: 214; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Imagine a dirt cheap(for smartphones) Nokia Lumia 400 or 420. I've noticed that about Nokia though. They never had a phone model number with 4 in it :/ like the Nokia X, C and N series never had a model with a 4 and neither do the current ashas. Or the lumias. Do they think 4 is bad luck number like Samsung?
49. Shubham412302 (Posts: 431; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
This thought always comes to my mind
50. Fernandezxc (Posts: 42; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
call it 8th wonder of the world, btw 4 is my luck number