Windows Phone is now selling five times better than last Christmas
0. phoneArena posted on 08 Jan 2013, 02:56
Microsoft’s chief executive Steve Ballmer made a surprise appearance at Qualcomm’s keynote at the CES 2013 and he had a brief but as always interesting appearance…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 08 Jan 2013, 03:08 6 5
Ballmer can turn anything into good news, what a talent lol
17. Emily1985 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 05:05 2 1
wp were sold around 3,000,000 in Q4 2011, so Q4 2012 is around 12,000,000
21. simplyj posted on 08 Jan 2013, 05:45 1 3
3 x 5 =/= 12
3 x 5 = 15
26. Emily1985 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 06:17 4 0
2,759,000 in Q4 2011
2,759,000 * 4.6 = around 12,000,000
28. simplyj posted on 08 Jan 2013, 06:50 1 0
Much better when you provide real numbers. Thanks.
23. andro. posted on 08 Jan 2013, 05:54 0 3
Courtesy of massive price cuts is the real reason for higher sales.Ive seen loads of carriers across the board finally give up and have to take drastic messures to clear the huge back log of unsold windows phone stock.My store cut the price of an off contract Nokia lumia 800 from 450 bucks to 150 for instance,I've seen it even cheaper with other carriers. The 610 and several other wp had their prices cut to bargain basement prices. In Europe the lumia 800 must have been the top budget price Xmas present this year
32. freebee269 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 08:24 1 0
were you on here complaining when iphone 4 and 4s got their prices cut when iphone 5 came out? what about the galaxy s2 when the s3 came out? cell phone manufacturers have been doing this for years. and the fact that it's around christmas time means even more price cuts to increase sales. that has been going on for years also. the carrier cares less about the price of the phone, they care more about getting you locked into a 2 year contract. that's where the money is made.
43. andro. posted on 08 Jan 2013, 10:12 0 0
This is pre pay Im talking about and the warehouse full of unsold 2012 stuck has to be shifted somehow,people didnt want them till they were reduced to about 20% of the rrp unfortunately,at that price the lumia 800 for instance is just a bit more than the galaxy y or galaxy ace,both bottom priced entry level handsets.
57. bon24x7 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 11:48 0 0
its not about profits dude..they're trying to gain market share n they're going all out...more market share means more app development n more sales in future...so they're actually investing money in the market and its us users that gains from all this..hope they succeed...
67. freebee269 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 13:01 0 0
you dont really read reports very well do you? tell ppl in china that cant get a lumia 920T that there are warehouses full of unsold 2012 stock. show me an article or anything where there is overstock for the lumia 920. it's easy to make claims with nothing to back you up.
20. SIGPRO posted on 08 Jan 2013, 05:36 7 8
Nokia will never choose Android i hope, Android is not al that good i use ICS but man i will glad to to another device without Android. ICS is a laggy and slow os
29. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 08 Jan 2013, 06:56 5 0
4.0.3 is smooth as ever for me bro.....and im also running sense (the supposed heavy and laggy skin)
34. Ruckus posted on 08 Jan 2013, 08:58 0 3
Eww Android.. don't defile Nokia with that dirty OS ;)
35. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 08 Jan 2013, 09:08 5 2
You guys are not true supporters of Nokia, you are WP fanboys.
For you Nokia doing badly with WP is much better than Nokia is successful with Android.
42. the_best posted on 08 Jan 2013, 10:12 0 0
hmm is being a true fan to anything, really a good thing as long as we talk phones?
I my self shoose the best phone when i by one, I didnt buy Lumia 920 becauseit nokia or its wp.
last christmas none of them hade any good products so i got a SE instead, next year maybe itl be a new brand..
we all know peaple who buy things because they like the brand says I-BAAH =D
3. tiara6918 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 03:05 6 5
If the ativ s wasn't delayed wp sales would have increased more than that..
22. Dunknown posted on 08 Jan 2013, 05:53 3 2
Ativ is a ugly design. It doesnt fit with WP. It doesnt deserve to call as WP
50. Ruckus posted on 08 Jan 2013, 10:51 1 0
Ativ reminds of the Galaxy S3 in many ways. By the way the Lumia 920 weighs a little more because its a better build. Meanwhile we sell Samsung GS3s which are light but break so easily.
5. flower99 (banned) posted on 08 Jan 2013, 03:21 17 1
i think microsoft has done a good job that standardize all the wp8 phone 720p screen with dual core snapdragon s4, that way it can attract apps developer to develop with low cost and time saving. and thats why the number of wp8 apps is doubled.
8. flower99 (banned) posted on 08 Jan 2013, 03:39 7 1
if android can standardise to 5inch 1080p screen with quadcore snapdragon s4 (phone) and tegra 4 (tablet) i bet the android apps will 3 times more than the ios, and iphone 5 will instantly turn into the dust
6. Mallouette posted on 08 Jan 2013, 03:24 3 1
Its true that Windows Phone is growing but not much satisfying for customer's needs and wants.
7. tango_charlie posted on 08 Jan 2013, 03:28 10 15
“Windows Phone was selling five times more devices than the same period last year,” Ballmer said.
So MS sold 500 phones, instead of just 100 compared to last year's period. s/
10. windroid posted on 08 Jan 2013, 03:55 4 1
I know you don't realize there's more than America so I just can state that you (Victor H.) need to spread your horizon...
Gartner: 2.759.000 in Q4 2011
Canalys: 2.500.000 in Q4 2011
Five times 2.5 million = aprox. 10 million
11. darac posted on 08 Jan 2013, 04:10 2 3
That's what I was thinking, somewhere around ten million.
Meanwhile, iPhone alone probably raked more than forty millions.
And there's just nothing exciting or competitive on the WP horizon for the next 6-9 months
12. windroid posted on 08 Jan 2013, 04:19 4 2
Do you think Nokia (the major WP seller) is sleeping around their flagship NL920?
- Q1 2013 will be a blast in WP sales in China
- In February you'll see some bright news from Nokia
13. Bluesky02 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 05:00 4 0
It is selling well actually because i see more people online on windows phone apps. there are so many.
18. Nathan_ingx posted on 08 Jan 2013, 05:19 8 2
Wow...you need to grow up and learn about statistics and numbers!!
Is 5 the biggest number you know?
46. zuckerboy posted on 08 Jan 2013, 10:14 0 3
yes 5 is bigger but you sold 100 phones last year then 5 isn't big enough LOL
48. Nathan_ingx posted on 08 Jan 2013, 10:46 2 0
Well, Zuckerboy, you clearly 'Zuck' at numbers too!!
58. zuckerboy posted on 08 Jan 2013, 11:49 0 2
I wish happiness to you with your WS LOL
19. windroid posted on 08 Jan 2013, 05:31 2 4
You're very smart... since MS don't sell phones, I guess 5 is a big number.
24. Dunknown posted on 08 Jan 2013, 05:56 0 3
I beg Nokia is working a better screen right now. Maybe Pure Motion Full HD with more than 1080p
31. Shino posted on 08 Jan 2013, 07:57 2 0
Victor. H, go get your salary now from Giggle, hahahah! Troll!
36. MorePhonesThanNeeded posted on 08 Jan 2013, 09:09 1 1
Windows fans complaining and defending, goodness cut it out. You guys are really overzealous with this, come on MS is the dirtiest player in the game next to Apple. It's good to hear that WP sales went up, they need all the help they can get, because they will have to duke it out with BB10(whenever the hell that gets released).
I'm actually tired of MS and their BS, Windows RT hack proved that these guys are still as dirty as ever, compiled for different processors is a nice excuse, but we all know that they just want to force an ecosystem like Android and iOS. Good luck MS, Nokia needs to find another OS to support this one OS crap is a dumb idea for an OEM, no matter how good your cameras are Nokia is no Apple and can convince people to by the same phone at full price with minor improvements every 6 months.
38. iamfury posted on 08 Jan 2013, 09:34 1 0
@Victor those messages of yours, hidden in words.... :p
good writing skills but not a very good purpose !!!
And did i forget to mention that its an anti-MS post ??? :|
39. lyndon420 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 10:06 0 1
My impression of this is...5 more people bought a WP.
68. ahhxd717 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 14:09 2 0
Wow, so much WP hate here. Two of my good friends have Lumia 920's and I've used them pretty extensively, and while I agree WP8 needs improvement, it is by no means as terrible as people make it out to be. In fact, I find myself using my bf's Lumia more than my phone (GN on 4.2.1) at times because I find it to be such a pleasure to use. While I love Android and will probs stick with it for another year or so, I think WP is a good OS worthy to be competitive.