Windows Phone has about 80% of the top 25 paid and free iOS apps
0. phoneArena 03 May 2013, 08:25 posted on
Microsoft is certainly making progress with its Windows Phone Store. Although Redmond's favorite app storefront is still far behind the iOS App Store and the Google Play store in terms of overall content, it appears that many of the essential applications have already been covered...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
All the "WP has no app" Trolls can RIP!!
10. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Not RIP, it should be NIP, right?
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well said, Wp8 has no apps and games™
19. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Are you trying to, like, bond with me?
42. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Is PA dead or what? Why dont you block such craps?
Probably because he is trolling WP? eh?
26. poopApple (banned) (Posts: 38; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
though wp8 looks awsm but there are game compatibility issues with budget wp8 phones (nokia 520,620,720)....none of the cool games like asphalt 7, temple run, modern combat etc. are compatible.
28. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
There will always be compatibility issues with every budget phone regardless of the make and OS.
37. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i'm sure WP will hit 100% in some short time.....!!! i bet ya
2. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Finally after a very Looooooooooooooooooooong time™
32. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Hey TROLL it has to start somewhere. I knew WP8 would gain some apps because their OS is better than iOS. Shoot iOS is so bad that even Black Berry's latest OS is WAY better than iOS! lol
33. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Uh oh, the man's wife got an iPhone...shh.
40. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Though I don't necessarily like WP, I would much rather go back to WP than I would iOS. If I had the choice between BB10, iOS, and WP8, I would definitely choose BB10.
If Apple doesn't release something amazing with iOS 7 next month at WWDC, they'll be in trouble. People are tired of the same repetitive and bland look.
3. husfus (Posts: 62; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
Google Earth & GPS Drive are irrelevant here, better alternatives are available
4. kaliil10 (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Microsoft is doing everything possible to make wp-store competable against iOS and Android
6. buccob (Posts: 2574; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Most of the times, GREAT apps, truly remarkable apps are not the most popular...
And even if is subjective, people can't deny the usefulness or power of such apps... like:
- Llama (Llama is a Location Aware Mobile App). Kinda like Tasker but FREE
- Gmote: this one goes beyond making your Android a mouse for your PC, and also gives you a remote for media and PPTs, as well as Streaming files from your PC to your Phone!
- MP3dit: lets you edit your songs tags by batch, and also finds Album art... very useful
- Kingsoft Office: is one of the most complete, full featured, office solutions out there, and its free...
As for games well...
- Apparatus is an Android exclusive and like no other you will find... it is a gem and lets you develop your creativity to the max...
44. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
PC Remote for WP lets you have full control over any connected computer. I use it all the time for remote diagnostics for customers' systems.
45. buccob (Posts: 2574; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
It seems to be a wonderful app too... I wasn't pointing out the lack of good apps on WP, I was just stating that a lot of great apps not necessarily are the popular ones...
The one you mention seems to have better mouse features and a lot of options compared to Gmote, but one thing I love about Gmote is the ability to play files on the PC OR play them directly on your phone like streaming...
I hope developers keep making great apps across all systems... and leave users to pick to their taste
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Great, now "WP has no apps" trolls can STFU! Rest In Piece "WP has no apps" trolls, nobody will remember you! :)
Well done Microsoft! :)
9. Rayanx10 (Posts: 45; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
can someone please tell me how many windows app are there the fun number all together. thank you
11. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
you motherfathers out there you can suck my deck!!! THEY HAVE APPS!!! hahaha
14. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Very few limited Apps™
Did you no, that MS and Nokia was begging instagram to be vailable on Wp™
How down could they go™
23. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
its not low. its strategy. if instagram still dont want to make app, then 3rd party apps will take over it.
and i dont even use instagram. so your argument is invalid™
24. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 480; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Your reasoning makes no sense - you don't use Instagram so so his argument is invalid? I don't use most of the apps listed above, so I guess the whole chart is invalid then.
30. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
it means that i dont care about instagram.
17. joey_sfb (Posts: 5841; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I really don't appreciate the high price that I have paid for their OSs and other software product, e.g Office 2003, 2010.
The less product I need to relay on them the better...