Windows Phone Store now has 120,000 apps
0. phoneArena 29 Oct 2012, 13:23 posted on
As the saying usually goes, a platform is only as good as the apps that are available. Or, some may say that where the developers go, so go the users. And, it looks like developers are starting to support Windows Phone more and more as the Windows Phone Store now houses 120,000 apps...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. josephnero (Posts: 555; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
lol.i predict bathroom tile fans will say all of 120000 windows apps are awesome and 7000000 ios and android appz are totally crap
5. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
coming from someone who is probably going to have a s**tload of tiles on his w8 pc in the next few years... its not about numbers its about quality. and in quality its ios, wp, droid. face it dude, 99% android apps suck in design. that 1% is xbox companion :P
10. Lboogey6 (Posts: 281; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
But everyday people use a few apps windows doesnt offer not to mention the main Facebook twitter apps were there but on version 1 for the longest so crap apps were definitely in ms market I say that because as a developer why would I rush to take time and update an app no one is using
21. joey_sfb (Posts: 5754; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
The market will decide in the coming months. I wish m$ would have done a better job at the ui. I been using it for weeks learning all the windows 8 short cut keys for work and I still yearn for either mac OS x or Windows 7.
12. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
no actually i will say u are a total dumbass and lives in imaginary world apps dont add up over night android took 5 years to come this far and ios took 6 years or around and my point is how come u stupid guys can think WP markets can be filled with 500k apps in 1 month its practically impossible its not some factory that makes apps they are humans who take around 1-4 months to make a quality application that is worth something so now get lost and customize your screen. besides now apps will be protable to wp very easily
14. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
And lets not forget all those live wallpapers and themes that g play is full of. at least wp doesnt have those...
15. josephnero (Posts: 555; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
lol.using apps is living in imaginary world?rest room tile fan
23. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i never said that u did not even got the point i meant adding up 500k apps over night is ur imagination only in real life it doesnt happens like this i see how damn blind u android nerds are totally unrealistics bunch of freeks u make your point before you know the whole story. Your phone maybe smart but u are dumb as donkey
25. josephnero (Posts: 555; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
watch your language sir.calling me Dumb as a donkey shows how pityful you really are
29. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
what more you deserve or expect when u start bashing nonesense and pointless trolling
17. speed4evr (Posts: 79; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
5 years? The HTC G1 was lauched around Sept 2008 on T-Mobile.
24. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
ok android was announced in ...... i think now u got the point apps didnt add up in 2008 upto 600k for android either why you think WP8 should have apps about 500k before its launch technical brainfried freeks again
3. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
And i really need about 10 :P not sure what this number hype is all about. i need quality not quantity...
4. josephnero (Posts: 555; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
well having more options never hurts.sure there are some really useless apps but many great ones too
6. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
no doubt, but its not the only thing in the world. give me good facebook, youtube, browser, flashlight and im happy...
8. josephnero (Posts: 555; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
well thats you.I have more than 300 apps and all of them are great apps.no prank or crappy apps for me.i can give you a list if you want.make sure to thumb me down tile fans
13. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
now i wonder what is your pupose to come here are u getting bore using 300 apps or tired and now u think its time to troll . this is one thing Android nerds are famous for trolling and bashing and never being productive or helpful at all. and this atitude is always shown by a lazy and loosers
18. josephnero (Posts: 555; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
calling me looser sir?thats wonderful mr.loser.learn english first
19. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
learn the word RESPECT before u want from someone or learn to use BRAIN or ur android got app to think for you instead of brain and yes lack of answers anyone can say English who cares if u get the point
26. josephnero (Posts: 555; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
then calling some one loser without a proper reason is respect sir?yeah
20. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Let's hear your list then, its obvious you believe a phone is only good if it has access to thousands of apps, most been 5 differant apps that serve the same purpose.
Plus your android phone didnt have all these apps overnight so why cant you let windows build up there apps and ecosystem.......maybe when android first appeared people should of been like you and slated it for been limited and laggy......in 4 years its changed for the better so lets give wp8 a damn chance
Also your a fanboy yourself with no respect for others. Get off your android high horse
27. josephnero (Posts: 555; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
iam not saying number of apps makes a phone good but sure as hell it helps alot.dont like your stock keyboard or camera app?there are tons to choose from.and as far as i remember sir,i havent disrespected anyone.also they serve the same purpose but different people have different needs.i never use stock HTC keyboard for example but my bro loves it.
28. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Well seeing as wp8 is building what's your problem?
Basically your saying because they don't Ave as many apps as android they have failed, because android had all those apps at launch right....no they didn't
If your so invested in look how many apps I have, then stick with android. But with time wp8 app numbers will build up
7. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
People hardly use more than 30 apps , but then again most of them may be fart apps
9. StalkinUrMom (Posts: 111; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
I don't get why people focus so much on this numbers game. There's a Reddit app, Facebook, Nokia Maps/Drive, Weather Channel, Amazon, EBay, a browser, pretty decent games, and Xbox Smart Glass. There; I just listed awesome alternatives to literally every app I have on my One-S. Lumia 920, here I come.
Edit: Maybe not a awesome browser d: but I'll make due.
11. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
windows still needs to make that 200,000 apps that will never get downloaded.
16. josephnero (Posts: 555; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
also can you tell me which windows apps are better than there android counter parts?plz enlighten me sir
22. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
still small if you ask me... this is a so slow growth! they announce 100,000 apps like 6 months ago...
they have a very small growth! this should change if WP8 will now be available!!!