Windows Phone Store OTA download limit may be increasing to 100MB
1. alterecho (Posts: 1096; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
It doesn't matter. After the OS eats up half of the memory under 'other storage', for no apparent reason, you can't install anything else in 8gb devices.
5. elitewolverine (Posts: 3778; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Do you even know what the 'other' storage is? I have seen you cry about this more than once, But i dont think you really do.
10. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
That issue was fixed in update 2.. Brush up on your WP knowledge.
16. muhsen (Posts: 277; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
btw this issue has been solved since june with amber update...its time for u to leave the rock u live under for the past few months!!!
17. alterecho (Posts: 1096; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
I'm on Amber, but my storage info reads:
other - 2.40 gb (sometimes goes upto 3.49 gb)
system - 1.93 gb.
2. Sire3008 (Posts: 87; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
The limit should be removed entirely. Other storage can be cleared using Storage Check.
4. cezarepc (Posts: 674; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Great, exactly what I was hoping for. Happy that MS devs are listening to customers, though system wide file manager would be higher on my list (they say this is coming soon).
8. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
It's very uncommon to see a foreign write Brasil with "S"... :)
13. Promethius26 (Posts: 8; Member since: 03 Dec 2013)
Are you all idiots?? This article is referring to the size of file you can download over the air on a Windows phone, not the size of the apps you can have on your phone. Jeez, I had to register just to berate you.
14. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Well, most of us know that.. At least us WP Users do.. The problem is that these Android user who don't even like WP always have to be on every WP article talking about stuff they don't know..
20. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Know what android doesn't have that WP8 does? A download limit over mobile data (Yes it warns you if you try it but it takes a couple taps to disable it). Thats one thing you guys can keep.
21. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I could care less.. With a limited data plan I always download big games and apps over WiFi anyways.. Once again, who cares❔ And, once again, I could never care what Android can do...
99% of smartphone users don't even run into a situation where they would even think about something as petty as this.. The way I see it the cap just saves people from using up all there data allowance.. They could lower the cap for all I care.. Besides, with the exception of some good games what apps are over 100mb❔...