Windows Phone Marketplace hits 60,000 apps
0. phoneArena 22 Jan 2012, 14:50 posted on
It was only a few weeks ago that Microsoft hit the 50,000 app milestone. Only 25 days later, the Windows Phone Marketplace is celebrating the availability of 60,000 apps. Overall, a third of the entire store has been added in the past 90 days.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
windows phone is actually a good os, glad to see its geting some apps
2. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Damn! The WP Marketplace is growing very rapidly! My prediction is that by the end of 2012, it'll break the 100,000 apps barrier. That's unless the Mayans are right.
4. Birds (Posts: 1157; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
It is getting around 10,000 apps a month. I'd say by May, it will have 100,000 or more. But I could be wrong... In fact I think I am. lol
18. Schmao (Posts: 357; Member since: 05 Jul 2009)
Yeah, I just hope that most of these apps, aren't worthless. I have WP7 on my HD2, and I have noticed a slew of garbage being added. Yet, there are also great ones available. Just keep those coming! (And pandora if you please!)
3. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1236; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
"While they ( WP7 apps) still aren’t at the level, both quality and quantity wise, of iOS and Android..."
I can't speak for iOS but I've had a android phones for a couple years and their app market is large but 'quality' is definitely not a adjective i'd ever use to describe it. There are plenty of great apps but just as many crap apps.
6. shafboy (Posts: 179; Member since: 26 Sep 2010)
That is exactly what I wanted to point out, quantity ok, but quality?! I think Windows Phone has one of the best quality apps out there, but I will agree that iOS has better apps.
Great to see this platform grow, I really want to see it becomes successful.
9. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
dont know when the last time u used android market was, but its filled with quality apps. they all are.
8. apokalipsa (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Jan 2012)
we must help windows phone !!!!
windows phone is simply perfect OS :) :)
11. manuell3g (Posts: 66; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
I own an ipad and an android phone. I tried windows phone and it seems to have combined both OS's.its smooth and simple. We should help support them.
12. Glim12808 (Posts: 394; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
As an Android user, there are a lot of great apps in Market, but there are a lot more junk. I don't know about the iOS App Store, but with such a huge number, I'd guess there are a lot of junk apps too. I am now also a WP7 user so what excites me more about the article is not the "hits 60,000 Apps" part but the '“top 25 apps” will be released' part!
13. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Amazing feet I would say. Some flaws. Most are 3rd party repeatative apps.
14. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
You know, there are alot great official apps on Android and iOS. There isn't many on WP. A great one i saw on Android was Turbotax! Thumb me down all you want but it's true WP need more official aps and not just 3rd party!!!
19. Schmao (Posts: 357; Member since: 05 Jul 2009)
Exactly, once more big dogs commit to making apps for this, we are in business.
15. wp7tribes (Posts: 52; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
people who want to help windows phone you could simply help out by buying a phone or becoming app developer :)
16. solidsnakeduds013 (Posts: 218; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
Congratulations Windows! only 590,000 more to go if you want to catch up!
20. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 944; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
As if this was not mentioned before... I am an Android user as well as a WP user, and the quality of apps on WP platform is almsot always higher than that of the Android market.
There may be more random apps on Android platform, but WP pretty much has all the bases covered.