Windows Phone 8.1 will allow certain Lumia models to send HD pictures to OneDrive
0. phoneArena 18 May 2014, 17:52 posted on
While those with certain Windows Phone 8 powered Nokia Lumia models can shoot high resolution pictures in conjunction with the Nokia Camera app, only low resolution photos are sent automatically to backup on the Nokia OneDrive. But with Windows Phone 8.1, this will apparently change. Settings have been found in the newest build of Microsoft's mobile OS, that allow owners of specific Lumia handsets to have their high resolution snapshots sent automatically to OneDrive...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Microsoft and their best buds at the NSA love to see the action in full 41MP high definition.
7. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
You say he's trolling and yet you troll every BlackBerry article.
Pot, meet kettle....
32. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
....someone older than you, kid. Respect your elders. @Ajagtiani
38. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
Not if they suck cocks and create bad examples for kids. You're a bad elder, i hate you. WHY do you suck pipes when you can bang holes ?
43. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Says the virgin who has never even SMELLED a "hole", much less seen one in real life.
11. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Stop being jelly it's not good for you
Good anger and frustration I see
15. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
I think you've lost your brains. Go, find them.
17. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Your the one nit me
Look at your troll avatar
Truly states you are one
23. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
My avatar states that i am a troll. But you hide your trolling nature by acting to be a Nokia fan and trolling on Nokia articles.
35. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I admit and I agree I am a a Nokia fan and like all Oems
You wrong again
27. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Dude, you must ignore Arte. He's my buddy, so he likes to mess around with me by hating on WP. But let me tell you a secret, he love's WP & MS.
29. sip1995 (Posts: 1586; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Go to WhatsApp for WP topic and read the comments......so many Lagdroid trolls.
34. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Wrong and right NokiaFtw
I love Nokia and loved Windows Mobile but dislike WP due to being so closed and having no apps no games
6. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
If you're a stupid enough crook to post incriminating pictures to ANY server then you deserve to get caught... Other than that, who cares...
But MS actually has been awarded top honor's for blocking government prying...
45. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
What does Google have to do with anything?
31. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Most of the blogs have had a non-stop laugh-a-thon regarding that EFF report.
Many of us got a lot of gold stars when we were little kids. And most of us realized when we were a bit older that they didn't mean anything. They were just fake things to make us feel good at the time. Kinda like this EFF report.
2. galanoth (Posts: 425; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Why only Lumia models?
There are other WP handset makers.
4. Penny (Posts: 1653; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
The option will be on all Windows Phones, but the problem only existed on Lumia models with 20+ megapixel cameras and raw photo (DNG) capability, because those file sizes are larger. No other WP manufacturer has a 20+ or RAW shooting camera.
10. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
What do you expect from MS
Wp7 can't be upgraded to Wp8
All the other users left in the dust
12. Penny (Posts: 1653; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Really not fragmentation, available on ALL Windows Phone 7, 8, and 8.1 phones already. Just added for the 20+ MP DNG-capable cameras that were up until now only able to upload JPEGs due to size of the DNGs.
Yeah, so...good luck with that misinformation campaign Arte.
20. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Are you a male or a female Penny
16. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
Google: "KitKat supports 512MB of RAM & older hardware, but we'll not update the Galaxy Nexus which has a dual core processor and 1GB RAM"
Samsung: "Even we will not update the Galaxy S3 , our flagship from 2012, to KitKat, as it CANNOT RUN KITKAT due to it having ONLY 1GB of RAM"
HTC: "we cannot update the One X & One X+, our flagships from 2012, as they have ONLY A QUAD CORE CPU & 1 GB RAM, to Android 4.3"
I don't you crappy fandroids should comment anything about the word fragmentation, since Android and its OEMs are LIVE examples of it.
18. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Custom Roms and root is available as well as Xda
Wp does not have any of those
Wp even has no jailbreak nor Dev support
What a good for nothing hated disliked platform even by the design who makes apps for its own platform
24. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
About 5% of all android users want to or know how to root their phones and flash customs ROMs. What about the remaining 95%? What about my mom, who uses a GS3? Why shouldn't she have the update? Why should she root her phone, when she basically uses her phone for calling, texting, checking Facebook and the occasional browsing? What about millions of users who just buy the phone for normal work. Don't they deserve to get the latest software, when their phone is perfectly able to handle it?
Custom ROMs are NOT the answer to OFFICIAL software updates.
Why should any one root or jailbreak their phone and void the phone's warranty? Can't they get the software update, especially when their phone can perfectly handle it?
And coming back to WP, every single OEM is copying its flat and tiled UI.
EG: HTC with their blinkfeed, Samsung with their Magazine UX.
So don't complain about WP's UI, as your beloved Google is also going flat with Android.
41. Jillxz (Posts: 149; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
I always like the phone I buy. Never wanted to root or change the phone. I would never ever root my phones. No need to. I an not a nerd or techie.